ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC Interested In Former Miami Running Back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159078)

Hammock Parties 03-02-2007 01:06 PM

KC Interested In Former Miami Running Back

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/623220.html

As free agency hits its first day the Chiefs have already shown interest in former Minnesota Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris. Now they’re moving to the offensive side of the ball, and looking at a former Miami Dolphins running back.

Warpaint Illustrated has learned the Chiefs are hoping to bring in former Buffalo Bills and Dolphins backup running back Sammy Morris.

Morris has been a perennial backup, but has also been a phenomenal special teams player.

A spot starter in Miami, Morris’ downhill, bruising running style appeals to the Chiefs, who might be looking for a bigger back to serve behind Larry Johnson.

That could spell doom for Michael Bennett, who struggled a year ago to stay on the field. He came to training camp injured and never played at 100 percent last season. When he was on the field, he was productive, but Herm Edwards wants to develop a more consistent running game. He wants a back that can gain tough, short yards.

The Chiefs also need to improve their special teams obviously, and that’s where Morris’ added value really helps Kansas City.

In his seven-year career he’s totaled 65 special teams tackles. It’s not known when he might visit Kansas City, but he’s on the radar as the Chiefs start looking at free agents.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for more news regarding the Chiefs and free agency.

FringeNC 03-02-2007 01:09 PM

Why not Bam Morris, too? He seems like the type of back that would fit into the new offense.

Edit:

Reading stuff like "<i>When he was on the field, he was productive, but Herm Edwards wants to develop a more consistent running game. He wants a back that can gain tough, short yards"</i> is so depressing. Are we going to do anything but run up the middle. Wiegman better have an ample supply of vaseline if he wants to make it through the season.

el borracho 03-02-2007 01:10 PM

Morris can have Dee Brown's spot but I'll be pissed if we cut Bennet before the draft. Anyway, I thought we were high on Derrick Ross? :shrug:

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 01:10 PM

Well, he should be a sweet fit under the cap... and for good reason.

Wile_E_Coyote 03-02-2007 01:10 PM

Chris Chambers is not living up to expectations, go for that Fin

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:11 PM

I wonder if Nick Athan will have any "dreams" that he'd like to report on this scenario?

Red Dawg 03-02-2007 01:11 PM

If we get rid of Bennet for Morris then Herm is stupid.

Archie Bunker 03-02-2007 01:14 PM

Great use of a 4th rd pick Carl if they cut Bennett. Other than that I always kind of liked Sammy for some reason. Upgrade over Brown on special teams and 3rd RB that for sure.

Since Bennett is so fragile a quality 3rd RB is a need.

Chiefnj 03-02-2007 01:19 PM

It would be a good pickup to improve STs. I wouldn't dump Bennet yet though.

bringbackmarty 03-02-2007 01:24 PM

I think it means we are sending Detroit.....

l.j. for their 2007 first, and third,

2008 second,

and Rogers.

Priest is coming back,

He has put on 60 lbs of NACHO MEAt on his legs, shoulders, and trunk. He has completely rebuilt his body from the ground up, has a new TD celebration that involves two fingers a tongue, a backflip and a hipthrust all while crossing the goaline. He has completely changed his running style, but still has his speed. Plus @ 265 lbs he can play fullback, TE, and tackle if need be. He will also be playing for the Vet. Minimum, and donating it all to charity. At least thats what I heard on the internet.....

Coogs 03-02-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
It would be a good pickup to improve STs. I wouldn't dump Bennet yet though.

Me neither. I would really look at moving LJ and the #23 pick to Cleveland on draft day if CJ is still on the board. CJ and Gonzo plus maybe another WR like Rice or Meacham in the early 2nd round (trade with Tampa for Allen) along with Bennett out of the backfield would spice up the offense for years to come. Add Croyle - or Brohm from Louisville next draft, and a few young O-linemen in the next couple of drafts, and I would be a happy camper.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2007 01:28 PM

Jesus Christ. You really think trading LJ and Allen for two WIDE RECEIVERS is a good idea? Good lord.

dirk digler 03-02-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Jesus Christ. You really think trading LJ and Allen for two WIDE RECEIVERS is a good idea? Good lord.

LMAO

bringbackmarty 03-02-2007 01:30 PM

yeah we could be just like the lions and get our asses whipped every thanksgiving, and every other game too.

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

No doubt...it appears as if Matt Millen has a handle on Chiefsplanet. LOL.