ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   This timeout at the last possible second stuff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171933)

Simplex3 10-08-2007 09:57 PM

This timeout at the last possible second stuff...

...is bulls**t. If that rule is allowed to stand it needs to be reviewable.

007 10-08-2007 09:59 PM

What happened? I can't see the game.

Simplex3 10-08-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
What happened? I can't see the game.

Buffalo pulled the Denver timeout right at the snap for a final field goal.

teedubya 10-08-2007 10:00 PM

Yeah, I ****ing hate that rule. That rookie is nails though. He nailed it again.

007 10-08-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Buffalo pulled the Denver timeout right at the snap for a final field goal.

Gotta love Shannarat for that rule.

Valiant 10-08-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

...is bulls**t. If that rule is allowed to stand it needs to be reviewable.

How about we make it where the offense can't call a timeout before the game clock expires either because the they don't like the defensive set??? Or how about we make it where the defensive and offensive kicking sides cannot call a timeout once they are on the field.. It works both ways...

That is stupid people are crying about doing this.. It is part of the game mechanics.. Why take more away from the defensive units, the NFL already neutered them enough...

Simplex3 10-08-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunRunPassPunt
Yeah, I ****ing hate that rule. That rookie is nails though. He nailed it again.

I'm not taking the time to look it up, but I'll bet he was still there when the Chiefs dipped into the UCLA well again.

Simplex3 10-08-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
How about we make it where the offense can't call a timeout before the game clock expires either because the they don't like the defensive set??? Or how about we make it where the defensive and offensive kicking sides cannot call a timeout once they are on the field.. It works both ways...

That is stupid people are crying about doing this.. It is part of the game mechanics.. Why take more away from the defensive units, the NFL already neutered them enough...

Read the post. You want to leave it in? Fine, but make the f**king thing stand up to a replay. I didn't hear the whistle blow for that timeout until the ball was in the air.

cdcox 10-08-2007 10:07 PM

Rule sucks. It ruins the excitement of a last second field goal.

As it is now, on a long KO or punt return, I always wait to see if there is a flag before I get excited.

dj56dt58 10-08-2007 10:08 PM

yup..there should be a rule where on field goal attempts your not allowed to call a timeout within the last 5 seconds of the play clock. it happens every ****ing time. Pisses me off

007 10-08-2007 10:09 PM

What really stinks about the whole thing is that the refs agree to do it. They have a job out there to keep track of the players. If the coaches want to do this, then fine. let them have to yell at the top of their lungs to get it in time rather than putting an official in their pocket like that. That IS exactly what it is too.

Valiant 10-08-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Read the post. You want to leave it in? Fine, but make the f**king thing stand up to a replay. I didn't hear the whistle blow for that timeout until the ball was in the air.

There really is not a whistle you can hear, As a coach you literally stand next to a ref on the sidelines and call the timeout right before they kick by the second.. And being most kicking teams wait until the last possible second to kick the opposing coach can usually freeze them..

IF the kicking teams want it to stop try kicking at the 7-11 second game clock time..

OnTheWarpath15 10-08-2007 10:13 PM

This didn't become an issue until the rule was changed to allow coaches to call TO's from the sidelines.

I have no problem with a PLAYER calling a last second TO. He has to time it right, and the onus falls on him to not wait too long.

With the coaches, they are in the linesman's ear the entire time. I really think the SIGNAL for a TO from the ref was given AFTER the ball was snapped, but since Jauron had told the linesman what he was intending to do, it stands.

Put the responsibility back in the hands of the players.

kcfanintitanhell 10-08-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

I totally agree-if the opposing team wants to ice a kicker, the timeout needs to be whistled before the ball is snapped, period. I think it was always a rule before they gave the HC on the sideline the timeout option.
Does make for great dramatics, though.

unothadeal 10-08-2007 10:14 PM

The Bills have one hell of a pedophile looking coach