ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

007 05-02-2011 11:10 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was much better than you guys made it out to be. I really enjoyed it.

Salt - JFC can they make a more ridiculous script?

jiveturkey 05-03-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7615690)
Salt - JFC can they make a more ridiculous script?

The Tourist?

The Franchise 05-04-2011 05:02 PM

Tomorrow - The Green Hornet, Tron: Legacy
Friday - Thor
Saturday - Inception, HP: Deathly Hallows Part 1

patteeu 05-05-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7620076)
Friday - Thor

You're gonna need a bigger tub of popcorn.

DMAC 05-05-2011 08:14 AM

Huge trifecta of goodness the last few days.

Black Swan- WOW.

127 Hours- Suprisingly made me have an itch to head out on some forest trek without telling anyone where I am going.

Social Network- David Fincher movies are just great.

The Franchise 05-05-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Friday - Thor

The Green Hornet was ok.....nothing really special.

luv 05-05-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Friday - Thor

Can I come over on Saturday?

The Franchise 05-05-2011 12:49 PM

You do realize that it's going to take me like 8 hours to watch two movies because I'm going to have to pause and rewind parts because of my kids.

luv 05-05-2011 01:06 PM

Then I would do Saturday on Friday. Two VERY good movies, and Inception needs your full attention.

Dayze 05-05-2011 02:18 PM

I watched "I Am Comic" last night.

very interesting if you're a fan of standup.

Over the course of the last couple of weeks, I also watched 'Carrier'...a 10 or 12 episode documentary on board the USS Nimitz and its' 6 month deployment.
as a person who spent 6 months on deployment on the USS Carl Vinson, I was impressed that it wasn't too 'filtered'; it was very realistic. Particularly the characters it followed through out.

patteeu 05-05-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7622495)
I watched "I Am Comic" last night.

very interesting if you're a fan of standup.

Over the course of the last couple of weeks, I also watched 'Carrier'...a 10 or 12 episode documentary on board the USS Nimitz and its' 6 month deployment.
as a person who spent 6 months on deployment on the USS Carl Vinson, I was impressed that it wasn't too 'filtered'; it was very realistic. Particularly the characters it followed through out.

Was Carrier something my wife would find interesting or was it more of a guy thing or more of a specialized niche feature for ex-navy? She found Restrepo interesting and she sat through Generation Kill with me without complaining.

Dayze 05-05-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7622502)
Was Carrier something my wife would find interesting or was it more of a guy thing or more of a specialized niche feature for ex-navy? She found Restrepo interesting and she sat through Generation Kill with me without complaining.

My wife ended up getting sucked in, and wound up watching probably 3/4 of the series with me. I think they're right at 55 minutes per episode; and each one is focused on a particular subject matter.

It shows a decent chunk of the inner workings of the ship, different jobs on the ship etc. But I found it had a really good character line; it follows a handful of people around, they do lots of small interviews with them. So you learn alot of about where they're from, why they joined, why the love/hate it etc. So, that aspect is probably what my wife enjoyed the most.

I really enjoyed it. And, like I said, it wasn't watered down like it would be if MSNBC/FOX/Large Network etc were doing it. It was pretty darn accurate in terms of what it's like on the ship; long hours, Gung Ho Pilots, missing loved ones, port calls, etc.

The Franchise 05-05-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgetMeNot (Post 7622261)
Then I would do Saturday on Friday. Two VERY good movies, and Inception needs your full attention.

I'm still going to go see Thor on Friday.....but it looks like I'll move Inception to Friday as well.

luv 05-05-2011 07:55 PM

Finally watched Sherlock Holmes for the first time. I also have Killers, but no real desire to watch it.

luv 05-05-2011 07:56 PM

I know I'm a chick, and probably the only one who would like cheesy teen flicks, but I loved Easy A. Love the main character's.....character.