ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WOW.Bills fans go crazy on a Patriot Fan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151116)

2112 11-01-2006 09:15 AM

WOW.Bills fans go crazy on a Patriot Fan

Insults, injuries: Mass. man beaten at N.Y. stadium
By Jessica Heslam
Boston Herald Media Reporter

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - Updated: 04:29 AM EST

While his helpless, pregnant wife watched in horror, a Woburn man says, he was viciously beaten outside the Buffalo Bills’ football stadium last week by a liquored-up mob of New York fans embittered after the Pats crushed their team.

“I thought they were going to kill him,” a pregnant Diane Donaghey said yesterday of the booze-fueled ruffians who allegedly attacked her husband, Barry, 30.

The couple filed a police report and have retained a lawyer. They say they never saw a security guard during their ordeal.Police in Orchard Park, N.Y., where the stadium is located, did not respond to calls seeking comment.

A spokesman for the Bills organization said he wasn’t aware of the incident but would look into it today.

The pair went to Niagara Falls and the Oct. 22 Patriots game at Ralph Wilson Stadium to celebrate their second wedding anniversary.

After the game, in which the Pats mauled the Bills 28-6, the couple grilled food in the parking lot while waiting for it to clear out. About 5 p.m., Barry Donaghey - who was wearing a Red Sox cap and Pats jacket - went to use a nearby porta-potty.

While Donaghey was inside, he said, Bills fans began hurling anti-Patriots insults and pelting the portable restroom with rocks and other objects. “I thought if I kept my head down, I would be fine,” recalled the software salesman.

Donaghey said four men were waiting outside, and one of them punched him in the face, turned to the others and yelled “Let’s get him!” The cockeyed crowd quickly grew to about 20 people, he said.

He said the mob punched, kicked and attacked him as he made his way back toward his car. One man struck him with a portable chair, he said. “I was just fighting for my life. I managed to stay on my feet. I thought, if I went down, they would kill me,” he said.

Diane Donaghey, 31, who is four months pregnant with their first child, screamed for help and begged the cowardly mob to stop. At one point, she was grabbed as she tried to help her husband.

Finally, one man helped the blood-covered Donaghey into his car. He underwent surgery Friday to repair a shattered finger and broken hand. He suffered a black eye and head injuries. His arms were covered in bruises and he’s “without the use of his hands.”

That is pathetic..it's only a ****ing game :shake:

ptlyon 11-01-2006 09:19 AM

Now those are real fans!

KcMizzou 11-01-2006 09:22 AM

A couple drunken idiots are understandable, even expected. But 20?

Lzen 11-01-2006 09:23 AM

That's pretty sad. I will say this, however. After seeing some drunk and very obnoxious Chargers and Bengals fans at Chiefs games this year, some people are asking for it. Not saying that is the case with this guy. Just saying it is a possibility. Not that I would ever do what those 20 Bills fans did, but some opposing fans do stupid stuff and don't think about the possible consequences.

ptlyon 11-01-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Heslam
He said the mob punched, kicked and attacked him as he made his way back toward his car. One man struck him with a portable chair, he said.

Wow - suddenly a Jerry Springer show broke out

Dark Horse 11-01-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
That's pretty sad. I will say this, however. After seeing some drunk and very obnoxious Chargers and Bengals fans at Chiefs games this year, some people are asking for it. Not saying that is the case with this guy. Just saying it is a possibility. Not that I would ever do what those 20 Bills fans did, but some opposing fans do stupid stuff and don't think about the possible consequences.

You still have to be an adult about it and ignore them or you are just as bad as they are.

Bugeater 11-01-2006 09:27 AM

I don't see what the problem is, that guy deserved it for going to a game wearing the opposing team's gear. [/Mecca]

2112 11-01-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen

I would assume that most of the Bengal/Charger fans were not there by themselves with their pregnant wives..right??

Dark Horse 11-01-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
I would assume that most of the Bengal/Charger fans were not there by themselves with their pregnant wives..right??

There was a Charger fan in front of me, alone with his wife and 2 small children and he kept getting up and taunting the crowd. Fortunatly for the kids sake we Chiefs fans are a classy bunch for the most part and just ignored him.

Al Bundy 11-01-2006 09:37 AM

Sounds like this guy was at a Philthy Iggle game.

2112 11-01-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
There was a Charger fan in front of me, alone with his wife and 2 small children and he kept getting up and taunting the crowd. Fortunatly for the kids sake we Chiefs fans are a classy bunch for the most part and just ignored him.

Really??

Then I take that back..I wasn't there

donkhater 11-01-2006 09:38 AM

I went to the Bengals game back in '03 at Paul Brown stadium (KC was undefeated) wearing my DT jersey.

The Bengal fans around me were pretty cool, and most of my cheering/yelling was directed at the Chiefs players not the Bengals themselves.

In hindsight it was probably lucky for me that KC lost that game because there were fans that were coming up to me and being pretty obnoxious for no other reason than their team beat KC.

Had KC won on some fluke play, it wouldn't have surprised me if it got a little uglier than that.

Otter 11-01-2006 09:40 AM

Bet 20:1 some guy was being an asshole and "oh...my...goodness" somone decided to see how far back they could push his nose into his face.

If that's the case one side is as stupid as the other.

MOhillbilly 11-01-2006 10:02 AM

Bills fans are as bad as philly fan and oakland fans.

Rain Man 11-01-2006 10:03 AM

I didn't think anyone cared about the AFC East that much.