ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with Peter King (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268926)

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 02:42 PM

Andy Reid with Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ng-peter-king/

Four questions with Andy Reid ...

Not long before the end of the season, I wanted to ask Andy Reid whether he'd be interested in writing something around the time of the Super Bowl for Sports Illustrated. He said no -- even though in his youth he wanted to be a sportswriter. He thought he might be otherwise occupied. I'd felt he wouldn't take a year off from coaching up to that point, but then I knew if there was a job out there, he'd want it.

Q: So, since you've been named the Chiefs' coach, many people wonder: 'With everything you've been through -- your son Garrett's death by overdose, the turbulent year on and off the field you just went through -- why not take a year off to recharge and get your life back in order?

Reid: "Because I love what I do. Garrett loved what I did. It doesn't feel like work. I didn't want to sit home and not coach. What was I going to do? There was nothing I wanted to do as much as coach football. The thing with Garrett ... it was not very sudden; this was a long, long process. Unfortunately, [drug addiction] is so rampant in America, and people who have gone through it realize that you don't just -- as in my case -- lose a son; you lose a great friend. Now I'm able to bring my other son here. [Reid hired Britt Reid, who also had drug-addiction issues, to be a Chiefs quality-control coach.] Remember, he lost his best friend. But I am so proud of how far he's come. And it says something about him that the three coaches he worked for at Temple wanted him to come with them. The other side of this is working to move on like a man and handle what life throws at you. We're doing that.''

Q: Why the Chiefs? Why not, say, Arizona, or the other places you were linked to?

Reid: "The Hunt family is one of four or five bedrock families in the NFL that I always thought, 'If I'm ever released [by the Eagles], if one of those families calls, I'd listen.' The history here is so rich, the tradition is so rich, the fan base is so strong.''

Q: What's the one overriding thing you take from Philadelphia into this job?

Reid: "I learned to embrace a city in Philadelphia. They'll take you from boyhood to manhood, which they did with me, and that's okay. It's a results business. I got that. As far as the team goes, it's imperative that everybody's pulling in the same direction. That's the only way you can succeed."

Q: What's your take on the talent you inherit?

Reid: "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year. Special teams were average. The talent overall, it looked to me like they were transitioning from an older team to a younger one. And I thought, 'With a couple, three drafts, very good things can happen here."

mcaj22 01-15-2013 02:47 PM

three drafts

give or take 21 players total, aka almost an entire overhaul of potential talent, essentially a 3 year vision/rebuild

So he's almost admitting Scooter left him garbage besides the players that were here before Scooter, who Scooter wasted four years of their primes. Andy will right that ship thank goodness.

siberian khatru 01-15-2013 02:48 PM

Q: How do you feel about coming to a city that gave Scott Pioli such a raw deal? Do fans like that really deserve a winner?

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 02:50 PM

I think it's interesting that Reid thinks it'll take two to three drafts before this team has a chance to be good.

-King- 01-15-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321200)
three drafts

give or take 21 players total, aka almost an entire overhaul of potential talent, essentially a 3 year vision/rebuild

ROFL You say the dumbest shit. Yeah, like all those 21 players are all going to make the roster ROFL

mcaj22 01-15-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9321217)
ROFL You say the dumbest shit. Yeah, like all those 21 players are all going to make the roster ROFL

even if half of them make the roster, that's still a lot of talent.

he said THREE drafts. That sounds like a rebuild to me. You saw what Pioli did with four drafts, completely able to ruin a team, the opposite can happen 3 or 4 drafts can turn a team around, which is rebuilding the bare cupboard.

ChiefsCountry 01-15-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321216)
I think it's interesting that Reid thinks it'll take two to three drafts before this team has a chance to be good.

Used to be standard about the time a young quarterback matures.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9321217)

I'll venture to guess there will be 14-17 new players on the Chiefs squad in 2013, minimum.

DeezNutz 01-15-2013 02:52 PM

Reid is either stupid, incorrect, or purposefully obtuse when he states that the Chiefs were transitioning from an older to a younger team.

While this was true when ***** came on board and began shitting all over the franchise, it is not true today.

Deberg_1990 01-15-2013 02:52 PM

Whats up exactly with Manning?

Answer: Hes old and beat up.

Brock 01-15-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9321224)
Reid is either stupid, incorrect, or purposefully obtuse when he states that the Chiefs were transitioning from an older to a younger team.

While this was true when ***** came on board and shit all over the franchise, it is not true today.

Oh, we have a lot of young players. Unfortunately, most of them are pretty average.

-King- 01-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321222)
I'll venture to guess there will be 14-17 new players on the Chiefs squad in 2013, minimum.

That's basically every team every year.

DeezNutz 01-15-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9321229)
Oh, we have a lot of young players. Unfortunately, most of them are pretty average.

Sure, but so does any other team. The ones who actually play and contribute, the foundational pieces, are Carl leftovers.

If anything, we're getting old in our positions of greatest strength.

mcaj22 01-15-2013 02:55 PM

so every team has 14 new starters on their roster every year

right

Easy 6 01-15-2013 02:57 PM

Being one who definitely ranted that he just HAS to take some time off, i enjoyed his response to that question... for a guy like him, not having something intense to do would probably be worse for him, this isnt just his career, its his hobby and passion all rolled into one. The fact that he has is son with him should be a major plus, glad my team can facilitate some good old fashioned bonding.

Also loved his feeling about the Hunts and KC tradition in general, thats why i've never understood why this team was completely ignored so bad for so long, why it took a major fan revolt to get the media talking about whats going on here... the Hunts ARE a bedrock NFL family and their team is in a football MAD city.

Ah well, its really starting to feel like our irrelevance is about to come to a screeching halt.

Deberg_1990 01-15-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321239)
so every team has 14 new starters on their roster every year

right

He didnt say starters. He said players.

Hoover 01-15-2013 03:02 PM

This stuck out to me: "It's imperative that everybody's pulling in the same direction."

I love the team mentality coming from everyone from Clark, Reid, Dorsey, on down.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9321232)
That's basically every team every year.

That is absolutely untrue.

Most teams do not turnover 33% of their roster each season. Only bad teams with new regimes usually have such significant numbers.

TEX 01-15-2013 03:06 PM

I just think that it SUCKS to still need 3 drafts or so...damn - we've been saying that for the better part of a DECADE. :facepalm:

Sorter 01-15-2013 03:07 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...6d7ho1_400.gif

RealSNR 01-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9321224)

While this was true when ***** came on board and began shitting all over the franchise, it is not true today.

It's half true.

It's like we started the transition in 2008, then Pioli took over and put the entire operation on hold for four years.

We're starting up where we left off with the 2008 draft, only this time we're down a couple of really talented players and all of our stars are now dealing with some age and contract issues.

ChiefMojo 01-15-2013 03:07 PM

He did say couple and then three (few) drafts. On average, how many players work out as staters in a draft? Three maybe? So after 2 to 3 drafts we are talking 6-10 possible new starters among 24?

ptlyon 01-15-2013 03:11 PM

So with 3 draft years & 22 guys off the street, shit is going to be happening here?

SWEET!

Easy 6 01-15-2013 03:13 PM

I think he said 2-3 drafts just so some of the dumber fans arent expecting a super bowl this year.

I'm sure he'd like to think he can produce a winner a lot sooner than that.

-King- 01-15-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321278)

Most teams do not turnover 33% of their roster each season. Only bad teams with new regimes usually have such significant numbers.

The 49ers had 15 new players this year.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9321294)
He did say couple and then three (few) drafts. On average, how many players work out as staters in a draft? Three maybe? So after 2 to 3 drafts we are talking 6-10 possible new starters among 24?

3 players? JFC, if you're only hitting on 3 players in the draft, you ****ing suck.

Pioli ****ing sucked and he hit on more than that.

FringeNC 01-15-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321185)

Reid: "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year. Special teams were average. The talent overall, it looked to me like they were transitioning from an older team to a younger one. And I thought, 'With a couple, three drafts, very good things can happen here."

Wow. Sounds like he thinks we really, really suck. Nothing complimentary he could think of to say about the team.

TEX 01-15-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9321293)
It's half true.

It's like we started the transition in 2008, then ***** took over and put the entire operation on hold for four years.

We're starting up where we left off with the 2008 draft, only this time we're down a couple of really talented players and all of our stars are now dealing with some age and contract issues.

Yep. Had **** STICK ***** been worth a $hit, we would be in good shape now. But his suckage was so complete that we're actually worse off then when he started. Hard to take a 4-12 team and make it worse after 4 years, but he managed to do just that. :shake:

ptlyon 01-15-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9321361)
Yep. Had **** STICK ***** been worth a $hit, we would be in good shape now. But his suckage was so complete that we're actually worse off then when he started. Hard to take a 4-12 team and make it worse after 4 years, but he managed to do just that. :shake:

It was a process. BOY what a process.

Hoover 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Its called "setting the bar low" people.

tomahawk kid 01-15-2013 03:36 PM

I'm hopeful this means we may actually spend some $$$ in Free Agency.

chefsos 01-15-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Not long before the end of the season, I wanted to ask Andy Reid whether he'd be interested in writing something around the time of the Super Bowl for Sports Illustrated.
"I know you don't write, I know this; but I'm gonna get you writin' today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..."

whoman69 01-15-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9321415)

IMO most FAs are over-rated. They have given their best ball already to get to that point. You used FA's to fill holes and bring in that last piece of the puzzle.

bevischief 01-15-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

They have no choice there is a salary cap floor this year.

bowener 01-15-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

http://kennethauthor.files.wordpress...pectations.jpg

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9321287)
I just think that it SUCKS to still need 3 drafts or so...damn - we've been saying that for the better part of a DECADE. :facepalm:

I think it's mostly on the defensive side of the ball, where Herm/Carl and Pioli spent most of their top draft picks.

The offensive line is young, but talented. A line needs to build continuity. Hudson's return and an off-season with a real coach is going to help these guys tremendously. Asamoah should break out. Allen and Stephenson got their feet wet guarding reeruns. There is depth at the WR position. Charles is as good as it gets.

Unfortunately, the entire defensive line, where all those #1's were spent, is the big question mark. Linebackers are solid with DJ being very good, as it Hali and Houston. Flowers is a stud. Berry is an excellent run defender, but needs to make a big jump in pass protection. No depth at S or CB with Brown looking like a special teams ace at best and Lewis perpetually injured.

If they make the right picks, I think they could get starters at the key positions (QB, CB, FS, ILB, DE) in the first four rounds of this next draft (assuming a third comp for Carr).

1. Geno Smith at QB
2. David Amerson, Xavier Rhodes or Jon Banks at CB
3. Phillip Thomas at Safety
3. Jon Bostic at MLB
4. Joe Kruger at DE

DaWolf 01-15-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Based on the Packer's model, no. We won't be spending any money in free agency, outside of the selective pickup here or there...

Tribal Warfare 01-15-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

three drafts

So he's almost admitting Scooter left him garbage besides the players that were here before Scooter, who Scooter wasted four years of their primes. Andy will right that ship thank goodness.

Yep, 3 years is the average NFL career so essentially he's saying we have nothing but shit at many positions.

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321278)

Well, yeah, I mean we were 2-14. 22 guys off the street, right?

I think, however, that in three decent drafts you're really talking about 5 or 6 starters and maybe twice that many depth players. Which I'd say's about right, wouldn't you?

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9321528)
Well, yeah, I mean we were 2-14. 22 guys off the street, right?

I think, however, that in three decent drafts you're really talking about 5 or 6 starters and maybe twice that many depth players. Which I'd say's about right, wouldn't you?

I don't think that good teams go into the season looking to replace 17 players.

Sure, you might lose a couple to free agency and maybe you've drafted 4-5 guys that are immediately ready for the 53 man roster.

But 17? 1/3 of your roster?

That's quite a bit of turnover for a "good" team.

RealSNR 01-15-2013 04:46 PM

Is Cullen Jenkins a free agent again?

God I hope we could convince him to come to Kansas City. We need to find a LEGITIMATE starter on the defensive line for the first ****ing time since the 90s. Jenkins played for Reid and was a HUGE part of the Packers' success in their Super Bowl run a few years ago. He would go so far to improving our defensive line.

EDIT: "Jenkins agreed to a five-year deal with the Eagles last July, but reportedly was to be paid over $7 million in 2012, including the $5 million roster bonus due next month. So his future with the team wasn't guaranteed unless the sides could agree to rework his contract."

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9321669)
Is Cullen Jenkins a free agent again?

God I hope we could convince him to come to Kansas City. We need to find a LEGITIMATE starter on the defensive line for the first ****ing time since the 90s. Jenkins played for Reid and was a HUGE part of the Packers' success in their Super Bowl run a few years ago. He would go so far to improving our defensive line.

EDIT: "Jenkins agreed to a five-year deal with the Eagles last July, but reportedly was to be paid over $7 million in 2012, including the $5 million roster bonus due next month. So his future with the team wasn't guaranteed unless the sides could agree to rework his contract."

$1.5 million guaranteed in 2013 along with a $1 million dollar roster bonus due in March.

DaWolf 01-15-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9321527)
Yep, 3 years is the average NFL career so essentially he's saying we have nothing but shit at many positions.

Combine that with bad coaching and you get 2-14...

HemiEd 01-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

He is not stupid, he is not going to say one draft and we are there, geez.

He has to give himself room when he can, or he would be raising expectations to a point like they were this year for the team.

If it gets done in one year, great, he is the hero.

Mother****erJones 01-15-2013 04:58 PM

There will be roster turnover. We were 2-14. We have some good players like Charles, Bowe, Albert, Winston, Hali, Houston, DJ, Flowers, Berry, etc. but overall depth is awful. There will be turnover especially because Pioli was a shit talent evaluator.

DTLB58 01-15-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9321390)
Its called "setting the bar low" people.

I think our new GM did that also when he said " it's a marathon, not a sprint"

Chief Roundup 01-15-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321314)
3 players? JFC, if you're only hitting on 3 players in the draft, you ****ing suck.

***** ****ing sucked and he hit on more than that.

Hitting on 3 starters in every draft is very hard to do. Where is the 12 starters that P ioli drafted?

tmax63 01-15-2013 07:10 PM

I think the people here better get used to the idea of not drafting Geno #1. Dorsey is a BPA guy and definately no reaching so I don't see Geno as #1. I see a FA like Flynn or Smith and drafting a QB where they feel there's value. This place will go apoplexic but I also think that's some of the 3 drafts away comes from. Picking up the best value at the pick and trying to fill in with FA where it doesn't happen. It'll probably take three years to get everyone they need without reaching.

BlackHelicopters 01-15-2013 07:14 PM

Peter King needs to be dry fisted.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9321843)
Hitting on 3 starters in every draft is very hard to do. Where is the 12 starters that P ioli drafted?

You're a ****ing idiot

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9322192)
Peter King needs to be dry fisted.

Why? He just asked questions.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9321721)
There will be roster turnover. We were 2-14. We have some good players like Charles, Bowe, Albert, Winston, Hali, Houston, DJ, Flowers, Berry, etc. but overall depth is awful. There will be turnover especially because ***** was a shit talent evaluator.

Agreed.

Players on this roster worth keeping who don't need significant upgrades:

O: Albert, Winston, Charles, Bowe,
D: Poe, DJ, Houston, Hali, Flowers, Berry
ST: Colquitt

Players on this team worth keeping for depth, $ savings, and development
O: Hudson, Asamoah, Moeaki, Stephenson
D: Arenas

What is this team really out if any of the other 40 plus players who are on IR or the active roster are jettisoned and/or whipped to death with log chains?

Rausch 01-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322256)
Agreed.

Players on this roster worth keeping who don't need significant upgrades:

O: Albert, Winston, Charles, Bowe,
D: Poe, DJ, Houston, Hali, Flowers, Berry
ST: Colquitt

Players on this team worth keeping for depth, $ savings, and development
O: Hudson, Asamoah, Moeaki, Stephenson
D: Arenas

What is this team really out if any of the other 40 plus players who are on IR or the active roster are jettisoned and/or whipped to death with log chains?

I've seen about enough of Moeaki...

Rausch 01-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9321843)

That's why he's gone...

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9322266)

I don't think you have.

And that's the problem.

DeezNutz 01-15-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Could help the club if he weren't consistently in the tub.

**** him and Pioli's stupid ass for drafting him.

Fritz88 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

The ultimate **** you to Peter King who defended ***** and said the reason Reid came here was because of the talent he inherited.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

I was being generous. He's JAG, just like all of Pioli's non-Houston supposed draft coups.

Rausch 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322271)
I don't think you have.

And that's the problem.

At this point KC is just paying him disability...

WhiteWhale 01-15-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

three drafts

Yes, if he expects every drafted player to pan out, then yeah.

In reality, he's probably aware that won't happen.

Plus, He's probably just sandbagging with the 3 years comment.

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

He's solid depth.

How can you possibly evaluate any receivers with the shitfest we saw at QB?

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321185)
Reid: "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year.

Holy crap. He's a better man than I. ROFL

Rausch 01-15-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9322291)
He's solid depth.

How can you possibly evaluate any receivers with the shitfest we saw at QB?

How can you possibly evaluate a player that's never healthy?...

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9322290)
Yes, if he expects every drafted player to pan out, then yeah.

In reality, he's probably aware that won't happen.

Plus, He's probably just sandbagging with the 3 years comment.

:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9322294)

You just did.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 07:51 PM

Teams with good personnel departments should be able to add 3+ starters on a team this devoid of talent. Doesn't mean you'd do the same to SF's rosters, as the players are better.

This team should have the goal of five new starters next year who are starter quality (or will become it).

Three through the draft
One through FA
Another one through UDFA, especially given our lack of depth at Ted backer and WR.

That's the goal. Above that is gravy. Below that is a failure.

WhiteWhale 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322299)
:facepalm:

What?

If it takes anyone three ****ing seasons to turn this team around they are incompetent.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9322318)
What?

If it takes anyone three ****ing seasons to turn this team around they are incompetent.

Really? I hadn't heard.

BossChief 01-15-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321649)

Sure, you might lose a couple to free agency and maybe you've drafted 4-5 guys that are immediately ready for the 53 man roster.

Immediate needs for starters:
CB
S
ILB
LDE
RDE
WR2
WR3
QB

Depth needs

TE1/2
LT
G
C
RB
LDE
ILB
LOLB
ROLB
S

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321649)

Well yeah, but we're clearly not good. There are some pieces here, and maybe some youngsters that can be molded, but we're pretty shitty.

-King- 01-15-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321314)

***** ****ing sucked and he hit on more than that.

And again... even the best teams hit on only 3-4 draft picks per year.

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322313)
Teams with good personnel departments should be able to add 3+ starters on a team this devoid of talent. Doesn't mean you'd do the same to SF's rosters, as the players are better.

This team should have the goal of five new starters next year who are starter quality (or will become it).

Three through the draft
One through FA
Another one through UDFA, especially given our lack of depth at Ted backer and WR.

That's the goal. Above that is gravy. Below that is a failure.

That seems about right. It also seems do-able.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9322326)
Immediate needs for starters:
CB
S
ILB
LDE
RDE
WR2
WR3
QB

Depth needs

TE1/2
LT
G
C
RB
LDE
ILB
LOLB
ROLB
S

The Chiefs aren't a good team.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9322338)
And again... even the best teams hit on only 3-4 draft picks per year.

Bullshit.

Do you even watch the NFL?

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9322294)

He missed a season.

Just like Berry and JC did.

In 3 seasons in the NFL, Moeaki has been active 30 games.

Berry: 33

Is Berry injury prone?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9322359)
He missed a season.

Just like Berry and JC did.

In 3 seasons in the NFL, Moeaki has been active 30 games.

Berry: 33

Is Berry injury prone?

Berry missed one season with one injury.

Has Moeaki ever gone one season in college or the pros (seven years now) without missing time due to injury?

BossChief 01-15-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322376)

Has Moeaki ever gone one season in college or the pros (seven years now) without missing time due to injury?

He only missed one game this year and one his rookie year.

I think it's unfair to call the guy injury prone anymore, but at the same time I'd like to see him go another year without missing significant time before he totally shakes that moniker.

If we get the QB spot fixed and he stays healthy, he can be a probowl quality player for us.

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322376)

Clearly, the stigma of being injury prone has followed him to the NFL.

Other than the ACL, he's no more prone to injury than anyone else.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9322395)
Clearly, the stigma of being injury prone has followed him to the NFL.

Other than the ACL, he's no more prone to injury than anyone else.

Yeah, other than

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322399)
Yeah, other than

Huh?