ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Planet Bash '08,Keep it or Nix it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184007)

Nzoner 04-28-2008 03:35 PM

Planet Bash '08,Keep it or Nix it?

I need input here folks,whether you've been or not you've more than likely had a chance to see pictures and if not I suggest going to the pics forum and taking a look.

The Bash is ALOT of work and we enjoy hosting friends from CP and I also enjoy being involved in local charity work especially when it benefits my Mrs and her RA.What I need are your honest thoughts on whether we should continue with this annual event.I've given some options in the poll and ask if you have other ideas to please share.

The charity is not a must for us to have an annual party,however,it does allow us to help others while having fun ourselves.Again,please be 100% honest neither I nor the mrs will have any ill feelings towards you or your thoughts as we need as much input as we can get on making a decision.

Thanks

Nzoner 04-28-2008 03:45 PM

Personally I'm voting to keep the charity but lower the price with much less emphasis on the food and have everyone bring their own drink.

kstater 04-28-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 4723744)
Personally I'm voting to keep the charity but lower the price with much less emphasis on the food and have everyone bring their own drink.

While I'm personally unable to make it to KC due to time/money constraints, I like that idea. If that's the way you go, PM me your info and I'll see if I can contribute.

Hydrae 04-28-2008 03:55 PM

Being out of state and highly unlikely to be able to make the trip, it matters not to me. :)

dirk digler 04-28-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 4723744)

I am voting that way as well.

If you have the party this year I am planning to drag my butt up there and see some you guys again

Bugeater 04-28-2008 05:05 PM

I'm fine with it the way it is, but if you change anything it won't make any difference with me.

BigVE 04-28-2008 05:24 PM

Never been but sounds like alot of fun.

Frazod 04-28-2008 05:53 PM

The charity thing is up to you. But there is a core of people who go to the party who are, for lack of a better description, MASSIVE fuckING DRUNKS (NTTAWWT), and those like me who pop in for a few hours and don't drink because we're not spending the night. I think there should be different rates charged for drinkers and non-drinkers, or BYOB.

ExtremeChief 04-28-2008 05:54 PM

I like it the way it is but will be there regardless.

luv 04-28-2008 05:56 PM

Keep the charity.
Keep the food.
Make it BYOB.

luv 04-28-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 4723985)
Keep the charity.
Keep the food.
Make it BYOB.

OR....

Keep the charity.
Saturday - You provide meat only, while everyone pot lucks the sides/desserts.
Sunday - You provide breakfast.
Still make it BYOB.

rad 04-28-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 4723996)
OR....

Keep the charity.
Saturday - You provide meat only, while everyone pot lucks the sides/desserts.
Sunday - You provide breakfast.
Still make it BYOB.

Haven't seen you in a while. Everything OK?

As for the bash, if I could, I would.

But I can't, so I won't. If I were to go I'd say the same as above, lower the $, BYOB.

BTW, what charity, and how does that work?

Nzoner 04-28-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 4724006)

BTW, what charity, and how does that work?

Arthritis Community Services of St Joseph,my mrs has RA and we're both board members so when we opted to do away with 37 Forever a few years ago we turned our charity raising in that direction as the money stays local to help those with arthritis in our community.

rad 04-28-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 4724019)
Arthritis Community Services of St Joseph,my mrs has RA and we're both board members so when we opted to do away with 37 Forever a few years ago we turned our charity raising in that direction as the money stays local to help those with arthritis in our community.

Excellent.....wish I could go. I've seen the pics and it looks fun.

Rausch 04-28-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 4723985)
Keep the charity.
Keep the food.
Make it BYOB.

Hush, n00b.

And how the fug is it that the only time you show in public is one of the few times I'm not there? Wait...