ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Buck 01-02-2012 12:07 PM

Back on the no carb grind.

I think I'm hitting ketosis right now because I'm going through that fuzz that you get when you first hit it. It sucks, but oh well.

I made 3 eggs with sausage and cheese for breakfast and I'm having some Crystal Light.

The eggs were the best I've had in a while, but I'm sure within a week I'll be ****ing sick of eggs.

Clay, if you read this, do you have those pizza recipes handy or anything else that is very low or no carb? Thanks brah.

OskaloosaChief 01-02-2012 12:25 PM

I haven't read all the posts on this subject, so forgive me if someone's already brought this up. MEDIFAST. I used Medifast products for only 3 months two years ago (November 1 - February1) and went from 248 pounds down to 193 in that period. Medifast is the meal plan part of the Take Shape For Life program. The meal plan costs $300 a month, but it's all you eat other than one small lean meat and green vegetablt meal a day. That can include a grilled chicken salad you can purchase at any fast food restaurant. You eat 5 Medifast "meals" each day, in addition to the lean and green meals. Their meals are small in portion, but are soy-based, which makes you feel fuller than what you actually are. If you are serious about some quick weight loss, I couldn't imagine a better program to get on that Medifast. It was developed by doctors, is 100% safe and as you can tell works relatively fast.

P.S. - I didn't exercise once during the three months I lost weight! But as part of maintaining the weight loss for the long term, exercise is definitely recommended. Hope this may help some of you.

Buck 01-02-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OskaloosaChief (Post 8255459)
I haven't read all the posts on this subject, so forgive me if someone's already brought this up. MEDIFAST. I used Medifast products for only 3 months two years ago (November 1 - February1) and went from 248 pounds down to 193 in that period. Medifast is the meal plan part of the Take Shape For Life program. The meal plan costs $300 a month, but it's all you eat other than one small lean meat and green vegetablt meal a day. That can include a grilled chicken salad you can purchase at any fast food restaurant. You eat 5 Medifast "meals" each day, in addition to the lean and green meals. Their meals are small in portion, but are soy-based, which makes you feel fuller than what you actually are. If you are serious about some quick weight loss, I couldn't imagine a better program to get on that Medifast. It was developed by doctors, is 100% safe and as you can tell works relatively fast.

P.S. - I didn't exercise once during the three months I lost weight! But as part of maintaining the weight loss for the long term, exercise is definitely recommended. Hope this may help some of you.

That's really expensive for it just being a low-carb/low-calorie meal plan.

You can save a lot of money by just going low-carb/low-calorie yourself.

luv 01-02-2012 12:58 PM

luv weighs in at 259.

BigRedChief 01-02-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8255185)
So, for those of you who have successfully lost weight by changing your diet, what have been the most critical changes?

I've been exercising on average of 45 minutes a day since Dec 1. Now, I need to start eating better. I need some help.

I lost 67 lbs on the no carb diet but tired of just eating meat after a year and fell off the wagon.

There is no magic formula other than what you already know. I didn't exercise 1 minute the last year and lost 84 lbs.

Eat low fat, low calorie, high fiber meals.
Portion control
Don't overdue and limit sweets and high calorie items like chips and pizza.
Exercise 2-3 times a week for 20 mintues each.

I came up with an orginal plan modified from the Weight Watchers point system. Or at least based on the science of their plan. Just used the principles above and created meals that worked for me.

luv 01-02-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8255662)
I lost 67 lbs on the no carb diet but tired of just eating meat after a year and fell off the wagon.

There is no magic formula other than what you already know. I didn't exercise 1 minute the last year and lost 84 lbs.

Eat low fat, low calorie, high fiber meals.
Portion control
Don't overdue and limit sweets and high calorie items like chips and pizza.
Exercise 2-3 times a week for 20 mintues each.

I came up with an orginal plan modified from the Weight Watchers point system. Or at least based on the science of their plan. Just used the principles above and created meals that worked for me.

This is what I am doing this year, but I'm exercising more as well.

zonachief 01-02-2012 01:24 PM

Checking in at 214... Looking to lose 50 more this year!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

luv 01-02-2012 01:28 PM

http://shrinkingleann.blogspot.com/

My blog. Let's do this!

Archie F. Swin 01-02-2012 05:39 PM

Does anyone use an app to check their daily calorie/carb intake?

BigRedChief 01-02-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8256690)

Use to but now I "just know" what I'm eating and can approx. the calories of any home food. Eating out is still hard to do because of the sauces and other ingridents that can really throw off the calories. :shake:

BigRedChief 01-02-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8255718)
This is what I am doing this year, but I'm exercising more as well.

A fad diet may get the weight off but you will tire of it after awhile. It's the only long term solution. Learning how to eat right, portion control and sometimes sacrificing taste to achieve your better self is a journey unique to each of us but those core principles of success don't change.

allen_kcCard 01-03-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8256690)

I use myfitnesspal.com

BigEd 01-03-2012 06:48 AM

I started the year at 278 and I want to get down to 210.

memyselfI 01-03-2012 07:35 AM

MMI: 155 would like to lose another 15. Maybe get back to size 6.

allen_kcCard 01-03-2012 07:41 AM

Had a thought today after talking with my workout buddies.

They are starting their weightloss goal tracking today as well, and were doing the initial weigh-in after the workout, and also made sure not to do their morning restroom visit until afterward as well, so that they would weigh as much as possible :)

How many of your reported weights above are your daily flux max, and how many are yours are the lowest? For my 244, that is easily the lightest I could weigh in at. I should have asked my buddies if they were going to make sure and put on some boots and a few extra layers of clothes as well.