ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston is Full of Shit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264807)

patteeu 10-08-2012 09:19 AM

Eric Winston should be embarrassed. He should be embarrassed for his contribution to a team that's becoming a national laughing stock and a shameful public face of the city of Kansas City. Maybe he should work on getting a lead in a game for a change before he turns his focus on the fans who are rightfully embarrassed by the product he and his teammates have put on the field.

I don't think Cassel's injury should have been cheered, but the team, it's coaches, and Clark Hunt need to recognize their contribution to a situation where that happens.

ct 10-08-2012 09:22 AM

What's sad is Eric Winston is the 1 freakin guy on the whole team who actually has been stepping up to be the leader for this team. Now he's turned on the fans and they are turning on him. Would have been nice to have him anchor RT next year w/ our new franchise QB draftee. Maybe this misunderstanding will pass...

I was one who cheered taht moment. but here was the bigger picture. Jamaal made a helluva play, and I stood and cheered. Then saw Cassel was down, and I kinda (weakly really) cheered again, BECAUSE... because I knew KC had no choice but to make a change at that point. And yea, I was pretty damn happy about that. At no point am I cheering an injury to any player, Chief or otherwise. I hope we can get this message thru to Winston, cause I'd love for him to be here to protect rookie QB next year.

Also, I stood and cheered when Cassel was ok and got up to walk off the field.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8991524)
:spock: Winston has been awful? In what way?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think his pass protection has been awful. JMHO.

okiedokieokoye 10-08-2012 09:38 AM

Of course there is a "cut" in the video at the 12 second mark. What was covered up?

ChiTown 10-08-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiedokieokoye (Post 8991644)
Of course there is a "cut" in the video at the 12 second mark. What was covered up?

:LOL:

scho63 10-08-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8991623)
I think his pass protection has been awful. JMHO.

Agreed and last week he was DESTROYED in protection numerous times. He did well on the run

lcarus 10-08-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8991450)
The fans just got blasted on ESPN, siding with Winston. They showed the hit but no audio. Pissholy is sucessfully turning the attention away from himself and onto the "disgusting fans" in KC

http://www.demotivers.com/uploads/20...ng-To-Plan.jpg

scho63 10-08-2012 09:48 AM

I'm reading all the comments flying on ESPN and these caught my eye! I laughed my balls off!

InTheWorld69
As a Cowboys fan I would cheer if Romo died on the field
8 fans like this.

Luskersoup
There are two ways Cassel could be healthy right now:

1) If guys like Winston actually blocked for once
2) If Cassel had been on the bench, like he should be

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...-cassel-injury

Rain Man 10-08-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8991605)
He was probably frustrated that they were being booed all day for conservative & mostly inept play on offense.

If you're an offensive lineman, you probably view a 50-run game plan as the most exciting day ever.

Rain Man 10-08-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8991650)
Agreed and last week he was DESTROYED in protection numerous times. He did well on the run

And yet he's still far better than Barry Richardson in all phases of the game.

scho63 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8991673)

HELL, I'm better than Barry Richardson and I'm 49 years old, 75 pounds overweight and about 5'8" on my tip toes

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8991673)

Richardson doesn't look half bad playing for the Rams.

Dayze 10-08-2012 10:06 AM

Love how the media is al over this but none of them play the audio of the clips, or showing JC getting the first down.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8991704)
Love how the media is al over this but none of them play the audio of the clips, or showing JC getting the first down.

Soren Petro is talking about it now.

He said the national media could "sit and spin".

They weren't there and they haven't done their research. Instead, they're reporting on reporters who reported on what Winston said.

Internet meme mentality in the mainstream media, as usual.

Mizzou_8541 10-08-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8991704)

If they report it accurately, there is no story except some pissed off lineman who is doing his best to shift the team's shitty play off them and onto something else. Or he is just doing Pioli's dirty work.