ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2012 AFCW Champion... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260198)

Cornstock 06-06-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8660122)
Now, every team will be hit with an injury of some sort and it's impossible to predict which player. So, let's just assume for the sake of this discussion that none of the AFCW teams has a key player missing significant time.

Surely such a catastrophic injury to a key position would prove to be disastrous to the team............unless its to a certain position for KC

BigMeatballDave 06-06-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8660556)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

omg i cant believe I laughed and agreed with dave

2012 mayan calendar?

:D

mr. tegu 06-06-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8662399)
Because I'm not reading all that. It says that ACL surgery and rehab has advanced but I didn't see anything that explained why it is better.

They probably assume the intricate nature and complicated knowledge necessary to understand and convey in an article that which you are asking for is beyond what is necessary and even comprehendible to the average person. All the average person needs to know is the results and not the "whys."

DeezNutz 06-06-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8662442)
Until Peyton Manning shows me that he's no longer Peyton Manning, I have to believe the Broncos will win. I ****ing hate it, but it's true. On Manning alone, I'm voting for Denver.

Tough to argue against this too strongly. While I believe the Chiefs have, definitively, the best "team" in the division, they have, arguably, the worst starting QB--yes, I know the situation in OAK--and this is a tough hurdle to overcome.

keg in kc 06-06-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8663257)
Tough to argue against this too strongly. While I believe the Chiefs have, definitively, the best "team" in the division, they have, arguably, the worst starting QB--yes, I know the situation in OAK--and this is a tough hurdle to overcome.

Copycat.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06-06-2012 02:20 PM

My nothing but gut first impressions:

K.C.
Denver
San Diego
Oakland

Pasta Little Brioni 06-06-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 8662758)
I agree - Peyton finally has a good running game and "D". Denver wins the division 11/25 with a road victory @ KC.

No he doesn't. The Broncos running game without Tebow is below average as is thier defense. Every good offense raped them last year.

whoman69 06-06-2012 04:15 PM

Even the biggest Chiefs homer shouldn't really believe that Matt Cassel is going to compete with Peyton Manning. I heard all through the off season that QB is the most important position and that you can't win without a franchise QB. We don't have one. His record against the best QBs is abyssmal.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-06-2012 04:58 PM

FYI, tomorrow NFL32 is going to discuss the AFC West, player on the rise and make their picks for the 2012 division champ.

-King- 06-06-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8663535)
Even the biggest Chiefs homer shouldn't really believe that Matt Cassel is going to compete with Peyton Manning. I heard all through the off season that QB is the most important position and that you can't win without a franchise QB. We don't have one. His record against the best QBs is abyssmal.

The Broncos as a whole aren't that intimidating. The team around Manning is a bottom 5 squad. Von Miller is the only other great player on the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks 06-06-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 8663322)
My nothing but gut first impressions:

K.C.
Denver
San Diego
Oakland

Gut says: San Diego, Denver, KC

Brain says: Denver, San Diego, KC

Heart Says: KC, SD, Denver

ModSocks 06-06-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8663642)
The Broncos as a whole aren't that intimidating. The team around Manning is a bottom 5 squad. Von Miller is the only other great player on the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lets be realistic.

Miller Dumber-ville are a good set of pass rushers, and Miller only stands to get better. Champ has been holding his own while people have been writing him off and moving him to safety for the past 5+ years now.

Decker and Thomas are marginal WR's, but Manning will make them into stars. As much as it pains me to say it, if Manning is healthy, the Donks are legit Favorites to win the division.

That D is built to rush the passer (play with a lead) and if Manning can give them a good lead, Miller and Dumber can put up some nice numbers.

RustShack 06-06-2012 05:13 PM

Probably the same as the Super Bowl Champion. The Kansas City Chiefs!!!

Chiefs Pantalones 06-06-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8660238)
Assuming no repeat of last year's injuries, I think the Chiefs have the best team but the worst QB. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. They should win the division despite Cassel, but he could also be anchor enough to drag them down.

This is pretty much my opinion as well. I think we could have a good enough team to win the division despite Cassel. Pioli, like him or not, has put together a pretty good cast of talent around him. Will it be enough to win the division? We'll find out soon enough. We almost won it last year despite all the injuries, etc. Can't wait, though. I'm so stoked for the season.

ModSocks 06-06-2012 05:14 PM

The team now one is talking about is SD. Every one seems to have written them off, but they've had a pretty good offseason.

All reports are that Gates is finally 100% healthy. A healthy Gates will make that offense tick again, and they added some nice pieces in the draft.

If Gates stays healthy and if he truley is the Gates of old, i think SD wins the division.