ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto For sale (sniffle). Apricot BMW. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285673)

Rain Man 08-13-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10816991)
How many clowns are you able to fit in that thing?

Hey! Chicks dig the apricot BMW. At least I assume they do.

Rain Man 08-13-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10817048)
Lower ride height sports cars are more prone to rock chips in general and driving up the mountains is particularly bad for getting hit. Kind of one of those things you either deal with with or get Clearbra.

Yeah, I still remember that ride. I was on a mountain road in the snow and this dump truck was throwing off gravel everywhere. It was like Han Solo flying through the asteroid field, and it was about a month after I bought the car. My wife was driving and at some point pretty quickly I advised her to just stop on the road and let that thing get away from us. The car bra went up immediately after that incident.

cdcox 08-13-2014 09:46 PM

Apricots must darken at high altitude.

I'm not sure what I would call that color.

lewdog 08-13-2014 09:51 PM

I never would have guessed you married such a high maintenance woman Rainman. That might be the most shocking thing of this whole thread.

Miles 08-13-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10817073)
Yeah, I still remember that ride. I was on a mountain road in the snow and this dump truck was throwing off gravel everywhere. It was like Han Solo flying through the asteroid field, and it was about a month after I bought the car. My wife was driving and at some point pretty quickly I advised her to just stop on the road and let that thing get away from us. The car bra went up immediately after that incident.

When I moved from Denver to Texas I got my windshield replaced in my car at the time because a rock chip had turned into a crack. The guys at the glass place that does high volume asked me why the hell my windshield was so pitted and looked sandblasted. I-70 in the winter does that.

Rain Man 08-13-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10817086)
Apricots must darken at high altitude.

I'm not sure what I would call that color.

The interesting thing about the color is that it goes almost to copper when it's inside. I don't know if it's the darker ambient lighting or the florescent lighting in garages, but I suspect it's the latter. It's a very different color in a parking garage.

cdcox 08-13-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10817148)
The interesting thing about the color is that it goes almost to copper when it's inside. I don't know if it's the darker ambient lighting or the florescent lighting in garages, but I suspect it's the latter. It's a very different color in a parking garage.

I was thinking something between burnt orange and copper from the pic.

NewChief 08-13-2014 10:16 PM

Look into the Acura RDX.

Rain Man 08-13-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10817193)
Look into the Acura RDX.

The interesting thing is that my wife's parents have an RDX and it's very nice. They just went into assisted living and said that they'd probably give us the RDX once they decide that they shouldn't be driving any more. But our challenge is that it could be next year or it could be ten years from now, and for their sake I hope it's a long time. So we could possibly get a free RDX at some point, but the timing adds so much uncertainty that we can't really leverage it. They're nice vehicles, though.

luv 08-13-2014 10:48 PM

Rain Man without the apricot BMW? I'm sorry. I don't understand.

Dave Lane 08-13-2014 11:02 PM

I'd kind a like to have a convert again how much?

Rain Man 08-13-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10817289)
I'd kind a like to have a convert again how much?

Here you go. You would look quite dapper behind the wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10816973)
I just took this picture today. Other than a bit of a sag in the glove compartment (which is common - design problem) and a handful of very small rock chips and door dings (1/4 the size of a plain M&M), it looks like new. I've owned it for 12 years, and it's at 99,500 miles. It's always been garaged and always had every maintenance done on time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10816941)
I'm pondering what it's worth. The median price for my year and model is about $9,500 on cars.com. My car's probably a little above median in mileage since it's just about to hit 100,000 miles, but I'm not kidding when I say that it's showroom new. It's pretty much pristine and has had every maintenance done on schedule for the past 12 years. It looks and drives like a new car. And all kidding about apricot aside, it's also considered to be a rare color of which only a handful were made, it's a really cool color. I don't know if that helps the value at all, but an apricot Z probably doesn't come on to the market very often at all. This car's actually on web sites.

I'm thinking I'll probably ask about $10,000 for it, but for you I'd go down to $9,000.

ptlyon 08-13-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10817267)
Rain Man without the apricot BMW? I'm sorry. I don't understand.

I would unfriend him on FB. If I was on FB. That's for bundle of stickss. I certainty hope he's not on FB.

Rain Man 08-13-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10817312)
I would unfriend him on FB. If I was on FB. That's for pillowbiters. I certainty hope he's not on FB.

How do you stalk women if you're not on Facebook?

ptlyon 08-13-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10817317)
How do you stalk women if you're not on Facebook?

Pootytang.com.