ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

cdcox 05-01-2013 10:27 PM

I think the point here is that QB is a position where you want the guy to eat, breathe, sleep, and shit football. That's the way Manning and Brady are.

So Geno gets the opportunity to interact with the best football minds he's ever been around. Nope, not interested. Need to text my friends back home.

Any way you spin it, if that is a true account, it's a clear negative. And isn't the same as wearing a tee shirt, or having a tattoo, or listening to rap.

Does this mean he is going to be a bust? No, but he'll probably need to eat some humble pie and change his attitude to be successful. That's probably a bigger change that fixing your footwork.

Mav 05-01-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651405)
"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, kind of, because you werent talking to me.

You were talking to ALEXSMITHDYNASTY. Different guy....

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650961)
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

Who decided today?

There''s a spectrum, some convinced long ago, some suspecting for a while, some still unconvinced and a thousand gradiations in between. No matter how certain anyone FEELS know one knows at this point as the evidence is yet to come.

DaFace 05-01-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650627)
Geno has every single sign of being a massive bust? What?

I mean if we're talking just two things:

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Cam Newton was a far bigger risk.

Wake up morons.

The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:39 PM

There is NO QUESTION that if these reports are true they are a significant red flag.

The guy has a lot of work to do and if he is unable to put in quality work at areas of need, he is unlikely to ever be worth a high draft pick...but to act as if these reports are absolute fact and that they prove that Geno will be a bust is being disingenuous and that's where this discussion turned into an argument.

It's possible that his unwillingness to focus on crucial points is a reason he faltered against good defenses last year.

It's also possible this is all BS info distributed by the agent he just fired...which is more likely givent the timing of the report in relation to the firing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:41 PM

I'm including myself in the guilty because I thought that an FCS QB who couldn't beat out Tyler Palko would be a shit QB, but these are the posts from the 2008 draft thread as Flacco was drafted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4713315)
I just know the first round went so well that we MUST be taking Chad ****ing Henne at 35.

Front office saying the deal Schefter reported is bullshit, that NO did not offer 2 1sts and a 2nd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 4713311)
Hilarious, they take the wrong QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 4713322)
So who is the second round pick?

Brohm?

wow reach for Flacco

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4713324)
Boller II...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4713338)
wow, I can't believe they traded up for Flacco. He went WAY higher than anybody would have bet on

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4713352)
flacco looks bad but who knows for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 4713383)
he runs like a giraffe and throws the ball like baseball pitcher throwing a slider.

:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4714042)
Flacco?

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 4715056)
Oh, yeah that was so terrible I forgot. ROFL Well, they if they grew a brain in the last round, they should STILL take one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 4715582)
Actually, they were the 3rd and 4th. Don't forget Flacco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 4715589)
Why not? Everyone else will in 2 years.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651364)
The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

That's a useless response. Every GM ever > BossChief, after all.

You griped about 6 drafts. The only draft in that group where a QB taken after the Chiefs picked went on to win a SB (to date) is that Flacco draft. So, unless you were pounding the table for Flacco, you don't really have any point.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651405)
"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're responding to the wrong person, I called you a bitter loser.

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9651438)
The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

I listen to Colin Cowherd almost daily and he knows people that have coached Cam in Carolina and claim they have to use a limited playbook with Cam because of his attitude and willingness to put in the work and that a lot of his teammates don't like him because of it.

He also says that was a problem in college.

Pitt Gorilla 05-01-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9650572)
IF and big IF the article is correct then I understand the reluctance to draft him.

Nope. Chief Fan knew more than any GM or NFL front office.

Rasputin 05-01-2013 10:45 PM

I think Geno Smith not participating at the senior bowl was a major mistake. He thought he was the best QB prospect at that point and only focused on the combine. Because there wasn't a clear cut QB prospect above the pack he should have gone to the senior bowl to separate himself and show that he is coachable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9651457)
You're responding to the wrong person, I called you a bitter loser.

My bad, your name is MUCH more valid!
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651465)
My bad, your name is MUCH more valid!
Posted via Mobile Device

At least I'm not a miserable bitter loser though.

Rasputin 05-01-2013 10:51 PM

Doesn't stop me from hating Alex Smith or any other retread quarterback we would have gotten. Same for the next retread quarterback I'm going to hate him too. Unless or if we ever win a Super Bowl with such retread quarterbacks I'm going to hate them. Until we find one that is fun to watch and can be around for years to come and can expect the best out of them each week then I'm just not going be happy with what we got.

Rasputin 05-01-2013 10:55 PM

If E.J. Manuel turns out to be a good to great quarterback for Buffalo then I'm going be upset that we passed on him. Take the best quarterback prospect in the draft when you get the opportunity.