ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

tk13 05-01-2013 08:02 PM

Why Geno Smith fell in the draft

I've seen a couple other posts about this... but this probably deserves it's own thread considering how many hours we've wasted arguing about the guy. This is the first article I've seen theorizing why Geno fell in the draft. Time will tell whether it's accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ge...183846651.html

Quote:

On April 23, Smith, his agents, some family members and several friends gathered for dinner in New York in advance of the draft, a gathering confirmed by a family member. At one point, everyone around the table stood to give a toast to celebrate the evening.

Smith went last, thanking everyone and declaring that entire group – his agents included – were a "family" that would stay together his entire career, if not the rest of his life, the sources said. Smith, who at one point was expecting to be the No. 1 overall pick and at least a top 10 selection, has big plans for his career. Smith, according to the sources, hopes to emulate players such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, putting himself cut above the rest of the quarterback fray.

The problem is that NFL types see a guy who, right now, doesn't understand how to get there.

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know," said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft.

"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches … he's talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down."

---

One possible factor in Smith dropping to the second round is a concern about leadership.

"He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader," said another league executive, who spent a great deal of time studying Smith before the draft. "I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league."

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

"All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one of the sources said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Both sources indicated that Florida State's E.J. Manuel, who was selected ahead of Smith at No. 16 overall by Buffalo, was far more impressive in terms of his personality and maturity.

"Manuel gets it, he gets the whole big picture of what it takes to lead a team," one of the league executives said.

---

By Sunday, Smith was being convinced by other friends that it was the fault of his agents that he slipped so much in the draft, according to one of the sources.

"Right now, he's blaming everybody but himself and he has some buddies around him who are telling him that same thing," the source said.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-01-2013 08:03 PM

Geno didn't 'fall' in the draft. He got drafted where he should have...

Dayze 05-01-2013 08:04 PM

Sounds like the bills are justifying passing on him so their fan base won't get pissy

Deberg_1990 05-01-2013 08:04 PM

Unreal. This guy strutted around like he had "arrived" already.

In58men 05-01-2013 08:05 PM

Must have been his ex-agent putting this out lol.

Sources sources sources lol.

Dan Patrick had a good segment on "Sources". This could be easily an enemy of him trying to make him look bad. Don't believe everything you hear, especially from sources lol.

O.city 05-01-2013 08:05 PM

It does seem a bit ironic in that this comes out the day after he fires his agents. Oh well, he's not a Chief, he's in NY.

Don't really give a damn.

Lex Luthor 05-01-2013 08:07 PM

That's a pretty damning article. He was texting friends and reading Twitter when he was supposed to be talking to coaches? WTF?

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno. I'm willing to admit I was wrong.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9650482)
Sounds like the bills are justifying passing on him so their fan base won't get pissy

Yea that's exactly how it reads......LMAO

houstonwhodat 05-01-2013 08:07 PM

He fell because he's Geno Smith.

FlaChief58 05-01-2013 08:09 PM

Turns out he's a spoiled little bitch. Hindsight being 50/50, I'm glad we did'nt get him

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:10 PM

"chiefs pass on marino because he wears t-shirt"

whew

risk avoided...whew!

In58men 05-01-2013 08:11 PM

You guys are really feeding into this lol.

ILChief 05-01-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650491)
That's a pretty damning article. He was texting friends and reading Twitter when he was supposed to be talking to coaches? WTF?

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

same here. he's gonna bust

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650509)
"chiefs pass on marino because he wears t-shirt"

whew

risk avoided...whew!

That comparison shows how much of a ****ing reerun you really are.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650515)
That comparison shows how much of a ****ing reerun you really are.

hey, mr. wrong about everything, we passed on a QB again...as you wanted, you should be happy

your multi-decade plan of avoiding risk has been a rousing success...

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Haha

I know, right.

The guy doesn't even have an Arrowhead on his helmet, so he sucks.

Truth is, time and productivity will dictate if it was a mistake or not to pass on him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 08:15 PM

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know,"

Holy ****, Rumsfeld is in the NFL!

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650523)
hey, mr. wrong about everything, we passed on a QB again...as you wanted, you should be happy

your multi-decade plan of avoiding risk has been a rousing success...

Once again you post to prove your ignorance. If you KNEW what I wanted you wouldn't post this drivel.

You are a ****ing moran dude. Go back to your other moran user name.

sd4chiefs 05-01-2013 08:17 PM

Geno needs to give Ryan Leaf a call about how to get along with the players and the Media.

O.city 05-01-2013 08:18 PM

Success or failure won't really tell if it were the right or wrong decision to pass on the guy. Situations are different in different places.

We didn't take him, move along.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650534)
Once again you post to prove your ignorance. If you KNEW what I wanted you wouldn't post this drivel.

You are a ****ing moran dude. Go back to your other moran user name.

why are you angry?

you get what you want every year...

we've never done what I advocate, ever...all of the Chiefs success over the decades is due to avoiding risk, as you and every other true fan reerun want

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650529)
Haha

I know, right.

The guy doesn't even have an Arrowhead on his helmet, so he sucks.

So whats our excuse going to be when he literally blows chunks? What stoy are you going to try to wrap around his failures? Coaching? talent around him?

You have a full on hard on for a QB that has every single sign of being a massive bust, as a second round pick.

But keep acting like his issue is CP because you know they broke this story right?

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:19 PM

we draft wife beaters, drug users, alcoholics, degenerates of every stripe

but a guy who texts on his phone...TOO RISKY

Dave Lane 05-01-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

IF and big IF the article is correct then I understand the reluctance to draft him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650558)

The inability of NFL teams to see where they exist in space is absolutely astounding. Of course, its structure mirrors most, where glad-handing sociopaths earn far more accolades than diligent-working wallflowers.

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:23 PM

I love how he now has "every single sign of being a huge bust"

That's the dumbest comment I've read today.

Not surprised who posted it.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9650582)
The inability of NFL teams to see where they exist in space is absolutely astounding. Of course, its structure mirrors most, where glad-handing sociopaths earn far more accolades than diligent-working wallflowers.

Tyson Jackson was well mannered, I heard...no-brainer...plus no risk

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650558)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Holy ****, the irony.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9650582)

Matt Cassel kisses babies

no-brainer....and no risk

O.city 05-01-2013 08:26 PM

Well, Belcher was an UDFA, so we're ok there.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:27 PM

Geno has every single sign of being a massive bust? What?

I mean if we're talking just two things:

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Cam Newton was a far bigger risk.

Wake up morons.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:27 PM

we would never draft raperburger...too creepy

whew, risk avoided!

Dan Marino cursed once...whew! risk avoided!

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650550)
why are you angry?

you get what you want every year...

we've never done what I advocate, ever...all of the Chiefs success over the decades is due to avoiding risk, as you and every other true fan reerun want

In a nutshell I am angry because I am tired of morans like you posting shit like this.

I have no clue where you get the idea I am risk averse, I guess its because you are stupid.

You cant separate this regime from the last, you cant separate this draft's lack of talent from 1983 let alone 2012.

You believe doing shit just to do it makes it right. And you call me reerun?

You are just plain ****ing dumb. You think running an actual football team is like talking about it on CP or playing Madden.

Then when someone disagrees you think they are dumb. Its really ****ing ridiculous Mr Talking Can't.

Since you asked, that's why I am angry. The multitude of people here like you make me angry.

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:27 PM

I heard Geno flexed one time, while listening to JayZ.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650627)
Geno has every single sign of being a massive bust? What?

I mean if we're talking just two things:

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Cam Newton was a far bigger risk.

Wake up morons.

Cam Newton stole computers and is an egotistical asshole

too risky...whew! risk avoided

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650632)
In a nutshell I am angry because I am tired of morans like you posting shit like this.

I have no clue where you get the idea I am risk averse, I guess its because you are stupid.

You cant separate this regime from the last, you cant separate this draft's lack of talent from 1983 let alone 2012.

You are just plain ****ing dumb. You think running an actual football team is like talking about it on CP or playing Madden.

Then when someone disagrees you think they are dumb. Its really ****ing ridiculous Mr Talking Can't.

Since you asked, that's why I am angry. The multitude of people here like you make me angry.

in other words, me being right makes dumb guys like you angry

hey, at least we never draft risky QBs...you win

and look at the results

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650632)

www.chiefscoalition.com

You will be right at home.

Lex Luthor 05-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650643)
Cam Newton stole computers and is an egotistical asshole

too risky...whew! risk avoided

Nobody drafted Geno Smith in the first round.

Nobody.

That should tell you that Reid and Dorsey were not alone in thinking Geno wasn't good enough to use the #1 overall pick for.

Hell, Geno might turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers. But it's hard to fault Reid and Dorsey for drawing the same conclusion about Geno Smith that every other team did.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650650)
in other words, me being right makes dumb guys like you angry

hey, at least we never draft risky QBs...you win

and look at the results

So who has drafted a risky QB recently and won a SB?

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650653)
www.chiefscoalition.com

You will be right at home.

**** off dick head. Is that at home enough for you? My issue is you are a bunch of whining ass pussies.

keg in kc 05-01-2013 08:33 PM

Ooh look, it's an internet tough guy!

Namor40 05-01-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650553)
So whats our excuse going to be when he literally blows chunks? What stoy are you going to try to wrap around his failures? Coaching? talent around him?

You have a full on hard on for a QB that has every single sign of being a massive bust, as a second round pick.

But keep acting like his issue is CP because you know they broke this story right?

This. Not sure why people keep making excuses for this guy like he's their first born. From the beginning people have said this guy is essentially Alex Smith with a stronger arm but lesser accuracy. I've never seen what the fuss about and if anything, he was drafted earlier than he rightfully should have been. You take a guy who's not all that great and then throw in the attitude that "he's made it" and you've got yourself a mega bust that will be out of the league in under 4 years.

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650662)

It takes a truly stupid person to even ask that question.

Seriously.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650659)

Nobody.

That should tell you that Reid and Dorsey were not alone in thinking Geno wasn't good enough to use the #1 overall pick for.

Hell, Geno might turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers. But it's hard to fault Reid and Dorsey for drawing the same conclusion about Geno Smith that every other team did.

Well you know Cam Newton has won so many playoff games that............

My point is you need to find the riskiest players and draft them, that's what wins championships.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650659)

Nobody.

yeah, man..39th pick

might as well be udfa...all 32 teams passe over him....once

but risk avoided, so we're golden...taking a RT is completely not risky

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

the ravens

any other dumb questions?

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

the packers

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650694)
It takes a truly stupid person to even ask that question.

Seriously.

That's one hell of an answer.

Seriously answer the question, who the last "Risky" QB to win a SB.

I will be waiting while you hit Google and come up empty.

But yea I am dumb.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650706)
the packers

LMAO taking Rodgers at 28 who was talked about as being #1 overall was risky? Keep proving your ignorance.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:35 PM

Are we really comparing Cam Newton to Geno Smith?

JFC, they aren't even close in ability.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650701)
the ravens

Flacco in the middle of the 1st wasn't a risk.

keg in kc 05-01-2013 08:37 PM

So basically you're going to set the bar for what's risky and then move it when the names you're provided don't fit your agenda. Got it.

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650666)
**** off dick head. Is that at home enough for you? My issue is you are a bunch of whining ass pussies.

No, your issue is that "we" pound the table for a quRterback EVERY YEAR until we actually get one. Your kind, on the other hand, wouldn't draft a quarterback early because they text and use twitter.

Do you even watch the NFL besides Chiefs games?

You must not because you love shitty quarterbacks, like Alex Myth.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650711)
LMAO taking Rodgers at 28 who was talked about as being #1 overall was risky? Keep proving your ignorance.

um, yeah, he had the most notorious fall in the first round until Geno

it's the very definition....the very thing used to prove Geno was a 'risk'

and we passed on him...

jAZ 05-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

It's not that anyone is smarter. It's that there's no possible way for any armchair GM to ever have all of the information that a professional does.

And my biggest complaint is that everyone here was taking their own opinion far, far, FAR too seriously.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:39 PM

The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

Lex Luthor 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650701)
the ravens

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650706)
the packers

JFC, are you really this stupid? Those weren't risky picks. Those were SAFE picks.

The closest comparison I can think of is St. Louis insisting upon using the #1 overall pick on Sam Bradford. The jury is still out on that, but the Rams haven't won dick yet with Bradford.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650718)

ROFL

i owned your ass, you're such a pussy

drafting a QB from Delaware with the #18 pick isn't risky?

A guy who beat no one in college?

you know how many Chiefs fans would have supported that?

none

you pathetic liar

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

Drew Brees? Too short
Ben Rothlisberger? Small school
Joe Flacco? Small school
Aaron Rodgers? Tedford

Whew, good thing those guys don't text.

Then they would be a guaranteed bust.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650758)
ROFL

i owned your ass, you're such a pussy

drafting a QB from Delaware with the #18 pick isn't risky?

A guy who beat no one in college?

you know how many Chiefs fans would have supported that?

none

you pathetic liar

Yuo live in your own little world dude. You owned nothing but your mother.

O.city 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

IIRC, at the time, Flacco was considered a reach.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650757)
JFC, are you really this stupid? Those weren't risky picks. Those were SAFE picks.

The closest comparison I can think of is St. Louis insisting upon using the #1 overall pick on Sam Bradford. The jury is still out on that, but the Rams haven't won dick yet with Bradford.

no, they weren't

and no one on this board wanted them or would have

they are both the ****ing definition of what Chiefs fan define as risky

they sure as hell weren't "Luck or RGIII"...which is the stated reason we couldn't draft a QB this year

tk13 05-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9650753)
The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

I am not a Geno Smith fan, but Flacco being drafted at 18 was a reach at the time.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650772)
Yuo live in your own little world dude. You owned nothing but your mother.

hey, i win every time you try to prove some stupid point

this board has been littered with people telling us we can't draft QBs that aren't 'guarantees' like Luck and RGIII

and neither Flacco or Rodgers were...and NO ONE was advocating for them

you're wrong

again

BourbonMan 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9650753)

THIS X 100000

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650718)

Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

I'll give you some time to look up who that quarterback was.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650779)
Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

#39 is mid second?

by the definitions used on this board regularly, Flacco and Rodgers were risks

notorious 05-01-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650779)

Emotion can blur judgement.

I think that the combination of this being the shittiest year for top 5 drafts picks ever along with us not drafting a 1st roud QB in years pushed people a little further into the emotional realm.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650740)
No, your issue is that "we" pound the table for a quRterback EVERY YEAR until we actually get one. Your kind, on the other hand, wouldn't draft a quarterback early because they text and use twitter.

Do you even watch the NFL besides Chiefs games?

You must not because you love shitty quarterbacks, like Alex Myth.

I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

Those simple facts separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Its kind of like having apposable thumbs.... or not.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650790)
Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

This is going to be an awesome bar trivia question some day. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:47 PM

QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650811)
QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Tyler Bray - udfa, world's biggest douchebag...."HE'S OUR QBOTF...REJOICE! REID WILL TEACH HIM MATURITY!"

Geno Smith....."HE FELL ALL THE WAY TO #39, PLUS HE TEXTS...TOO RISKY!"

Lex Luthor 05-01-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

So transferring to a different college automatically makes you a risky pick?

Tell that to Troy Aikman and Jeff George. They were both taken with the #1 overall pick despite transferring.

Hahaha

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:52 PM

Tyler Bray has 2 mega threads praising....lmao

the single biggest **** head in the draft

tk13 05-01-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650795)
#39 is mid second?

by the definitions used on this board regularly, Flacco and Rodgers were risks

I said almost.

Flacco was definitely a risk. But still, those guys were taken in the 1st round because most sane GM's value the QB position highly. Geno fell completely down the board. People are looking at this through the Chiefs' usual prism of fear, but even aside from that, the whole thing is very strange.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650846)
Tyler Bray - udfa, world's biggest douchebag...."HE'S OUR QBOTF...REJOICE! REID WILL TEACH HIM MATURITY!"

Geno Smith....."HE FELL ALL THE WAY TO #39, PLUS HE TEXTS...TOO RISKY!"

You probably are too dumb to realize that he didn't just drop over the texting right?

Joe Flacco, Dan Marino, and Aaron Rodgers didn't go 39 BTW.

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650805)
I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

That simple fact separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Its kind of like having apposable thumbs.... or not.

Haha

In the last 6 drafts, we have drafted in the top 5 in 4 of them.

Right now, I'd trade ALL FOUR OF THOSE PLAYERS for anyof the top ten quarterbacks.

Sadly, one of those guys has already moved on to another team and another of those guys is seemingly on his last legs in KC...on a 1 year deal.

Let me give you a little treasure hunt...

Go and look at the last 10 quarterbacks to win a superbowl and come back and tell me how many of them we passed on in the draft.

I'll be right here, waiting for you intricate excuses for why it was totally fine to pass on al of them.

Sure-Oz 05-01-2013 08:55 PM

This guy fired his agent cause his dumbass thought he was going #1 overall despite unlimited rumors of kc taking an OT