ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games What? No "Call of Duty Ghosts" thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278415)

TinyEvel 11-07-2013 11:52 PM

What? No "Call of Duty Ghosts" thread?

Seriously. Went back two weeks and no thread? nobody talking about the mulitplayer? nobody got the game?

Discus.

Bump 11-08-2013 12:06 AM

I guess everybody here wised up and stop buying that shit

Dayze 11-08-2013 01:45 AM

that.

I've had 3 friends, co-workers, or a relative ask if I was buying it.....

I suppose the game is what it is, but I've never been a huge fan after my first MP experience with it (COD series). Way too fast; way to many chicken shit things going on; lag was always horrible.

Quesadilla Joe 11-08-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10169183)
I guess everybody here wised up and stop buying that shit

I said I wouldn't buy it, but I caved.

The connections seem to be really good and I don't even know if the dedicated servers are up and running on the current consoles. I bet the removal of Theater Mode is the main reason why the games aren't as laggy as they have been the past two or three years.

You can't really call this game Modern Warfare 2.5 or whatever because it plays so much differently than other COD's.

Killstreaks don't really seem to dominate the game like other COD's even though they took out lock on launchers. The only killstreaks you really see are the Sat Com (UAV) and the stupid guard dog that follows you around... UAV's are totally different in this game, now when you call one in you plant it on the ground, and in team based games it takes two Sat Com's to get a radar sweep.

Also the maps are freaking huge. Like Seelow, Cliffside, Wasteland and Fuel huge.

007 11-08-2013 01:57 AM

Didn't even know this game was out. I decided after MW3 we are done with this series.

Johnny Vegas 11-08-2013 02:38 AM

meh. battlefield 4 is what I got instead. I have only seen 2 out of the 20 regular friends I have playing ghosts. usually any new game almost all of them are playing. I see a lot of battlefield 4 but little ghosts activity.

Nightfyre 11-08-2013 03:00 AM

I bought it on PC and then ran into the 6GB of ram issue. Fortunately there is a fix out there... It's ****ing dumb. The game runs fine on 4 GB of ram.

hometeam 11-08-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10169311)
I bought it on PC and then ran into the 6GB of ram issue. Fortunately there is a fix out there... It's ****ing dumb. The game runs fine on 4 GB of ram.

who the shit doesn't have 6gb of ram? you still on 32bit? yuk.

Aspengc8 11-08-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 10169298)
meh. battlefield 4 is what I got instead. I have only seen 2 out of the 20 regular friends I have playing ghosts. usually any new game almost all of them are playing. I see a lot of battlefield 4 but little ghosts activity.

This. Vehicles FTW.

TinyEvel 11-08-2013 09:20 AM

A couple of guys I spoke to are waiting for PS4. I guess if you have a limited game budget you're gonna spend it on next gen rather than the 7th straight year of CoD.

Dayze 11-08-2013 09:23 AM

my main grip about the game is kill streaks. I'm not a fan of them at all.
BF is much more enjoyable to me. Apples and Oranges I know, but I've always hated the kill streak deal.

Frazod 11-08-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10169160)
Seriously. Went back two weeks and no thread? nobody talking about the mulitplayer? nobody got the game?

Discus.

You didn't have anything to do with the commercial, did you? That commercial is ****ing epic.

ModSocks 11-08-2013 11:41 AM

I read somewhere that the sales numbers for release were a lot lower than expected.

It could simply be because people are waiting for the next gen console to release before they invest $60 in a game.

TinyEvel 11-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10169795)
You didn't have anything to do with the commercial, did you? That commercial is ****ing epic.

No, but I know a lot of them, they are very talented folks. Some used to work for me.

hometeam 11-08-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10169801)
I read somewhere that the sales numbers for release were a lot lower than expected.

It could simply be because people are waiting for the next gen console to release before they invest $60 in a game.

This is likely right, also, its been getting pretty medial scores as far as reviews.