ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NCAA Football 09 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186722)

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2008 06:06 PM

NCAA Football 09

Who is getting this? I'm not a big fan of EA sports, but I haven't played a college football game in years and I'm definately getting this years.

They are finally throwing in online dynasty which should be sweet! Dynasty's and franchise modes are so much more fun when you are playing with other people.

So who wants to get this game and start a Chiefsplanet online dynasty? We could do Big 12 or something.

Send me a FR on XBOX Live, my gamertag is "kcchiefsman"

Jewish Rabbi 07-02-2008 06:19 PM

I try to rotate years between Madden and NCAA so I don't waste a bunch of money on both, and this is a Madden year. However - Mizzou sucked on last years game, and will most likely suck on 2010 as well...I might have to pick this one up.

JBucc 07-02-2008 06:38 PM

I think I'll probably get the Madden and Head Coach pack in thingy. I liked the NCAA demo too but two football games is enough and Madden looks better this year.

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2008 07:19 PM

unless Madden gets amazing reviews with documented notes of improvement, I will not be buying Madden for the 1st time since about 1993

dj56dt58 07-02-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4825868)
unless Madden gets amazing reviews with documented notes of improvement, I will not be buying Madden for the 1st time since about 1993

same here... its the same shit every year. Bad thing is, it always gets good reviews

Dayze 07-02-2008 07:44 PM

I'll probably pick it up. I played the bejesus out of 2008; mostly in Campus Legend mode. I couldn't deal with the dynasty mode and all the recruiting etc. I wish they'd allow you to just play a season etc. I don't have the time i used to in order to fully enjoy the Dynasty mode.

I just wish prices of games would come down about 20%; never happen, but still.
Although I'm beginning to enjoy gamestop. picked up GTA IV for $50; and had $20 in games to trade in.

kcxiv 07-02-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4825905)
same here... its the same shit every year. Bad thing is, it always gets good reviews

Because its more or less a pick up and play game, there's not very much strategy imo. I am sure there is some, but its more of an arcade style game, then a straight sim. I hear that EA pays off certain review sites and threatens them with not getting EA company perks. I am not saying this is correct, but its totally believable.

KCChiefsMan 07-02-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4825917)
Because its more or less a pick up and play game, there's not very much strategy imo. I am sure there is some, but its more of an arcade style game, then a straight sim. I hear that EA pays off certain review sites and threatens them with not getting EA company perks. I am not saying this is correct, but its totally believable.

ya, last years got the best review in years and I thought it was the worst one yet. I couldn't stand playing that crap and they took out some features I liked. They took out being able to assign certain players to certain formations and plays, so if you wanted to play your backups a little bit you had to pause and go to the depth chart and then do that again when you want to take them out. Plus the o-line blocking was horrid (not just the Chiefs o-line). It was horrible, I tried to like it because I love football but just couldn't.

I bet they do pay off review sites, I'll do my research a lot better this year.

Dayze 07-02-2008 07:55 PM

Not sure of the regular game mode since I played mostly campus legend, but it seemed like turnovers were a huge problem. The CPU forced way to many fumbles, even when 'protecting' the ball. O line blocking was terrible; missed blocks constantly.

Oh well; I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

kcxiv 07-02-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayzeofthenew (Post 4825933)
Not sure of the regular game mode since I played mostly campus legend, but it seemed like turnovers were a huge problem. The CPU forced way to many fumbles, even when 'protecting' the ball. O line blocking was terrible; missed blocks constantly.

Oh well; I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

hehe, once i played 2k's football, there was just no way for me to go back to the EA brand. Game play of 2k5 is still better then anything EA has done. I know some people prefer that style, and i understand why they do, but i get seriously competitive with football games. Especially online. People here can vouch for how much i used to play it. I used to go on 3-4 hours of sleep becuase i was playing all night. I dont play as much anymore, but i try to play 3-4 times a week.

chiefs1111 07-04-2008 07:55 AM

I can't wait for NCAA 09,getting ready to pre order my copy... Heck i am still playing 08 alot... However the same cannot be said for Madden 08. I actually went out and bought it the day it came out,played it for maybe 2 weeks and haven't played it since.... I will be sure to rent Madden 09 first before buying it.

jiveturkey 07-04-2008 01:07 PM

I played the demo and hated it.

I've been playing All Pro Football for a while now and love the way that it plays. I'll be skipping Madden as well.

dj56dt58 07-04-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 4828624)
I played the demo and hated it.

I've been playing All Pro Football for a while now and love the way that it plays. I'll be skipping Madden as well.

anybody still play that online?

Dayze 07-04-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4826115)
hehe, once i played 2k's football, there was just no way for me to go back to the EA brand. Game play of 2k5 is still better then anything EA has done. I know some people prefer that style, and i understand why they do, but i get seriously competitive with football games. Especially online. People here can vouch for how much i used to play it. I used to go on 3-4 hours of sleep becuase i was playing all night. I dont play as much anymore, but i try to play 3-4 times a week.

Hmm. What's 2k's version like? I've never played. I think I played All-Pro football a time or two (not sure if this is part of the 2k series); it was pretty cool, but I couldn't get into the concept of building a team with former players etc. But the game play was cool; took some getting used to though.

Does 2k come out with a new game each year? Or can they not do that because of the licensing the NFLPA has with EA?

kcxiv 07-04-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayzeofthenew (Post 4828695)
Hmm. What's 2k's version like? I've never played. I think I played All-Pro football a time or two (not sure if this is part of the 2k series); it was pretty cool, but I couldn't get into the concept of building a team with former players etc. But the game play was cool; took some getting used to though.

Does 2k come out with a new game each year? Or can they not do that because of the licensing the NFLPA has with EA?

Not this year. When 2k8 came out, they said they wanted it to be a every other year thing. So we will see, hopefully we will get some info on it at E3.

2k's version is focused on simulation play rather then a pick up and play game. They target hardcore football players first. They are also not allowed to use ANYTHING NFL becuase of the EA/NFL deal. I would expect their next game to be fully customizable though. As soon as i hear anything about it, best believe i will be posting about it. I talk to the 2k community manager quite a bit and always asking him about it. He said there hasnt been anything to talk about atm. So we will see.