ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Is Holmes really hurt? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99133)

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 08:03 AM

Is Holmes really hurt?

On fourth and 3 with 4 minutes, 25 seconds to play, Derrick Blaylock ran a 2-yard sweep while Holmes looked on from the sideline.

“I asked if he was healthy and fine, and he said he was,” Vermeil explained when asked why Holmes didn't play late in the game.

Holmes when asked about it said "You'll have to ask the coaches about that. I told them I was fine."

Okay so why was Priest on the sidelines if he's not hurt? :hmmm:

Either they are lying and he's really hurt or they were really boneheaded coaches for not playing Priest at a critical time.

Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining.:mad:

jcroft 09-20-2004 08:07 AM

I got to wondering about this last night. I started to wonder if, in the last couple series when they were playing catch-up, they put Blaylock in because Priest doesn't want to be part of the passing game. Yes, it's absurd, and it's probably not the reason, but I wondered about it.

More likley is that they just didn't want to take any chances with Priest's health. I also think that is ridiculous. We still had a shot to win that game if we could have gotten a quick score...

King_Chief_Fan 09-20-2004 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
On fourth and 3 with 4 minutes, 25 seconds to play, Derrick Blaylock ran a 2-yard sweep while Holmes looked on from the sideline.

“I asked if he was healthy and fine, and he said he was,” Vermeil explained when asked why Holmes didn't play late in the game.

Holmes when asked about it said "You'll have to ask the coaches about that. I told them I was fine."

Okay so why was Priest on the sidelines if he's not hurt? :hmmm:

Either they are lying and he's really hurt or they were really boneheaded coaches for not playing Priest at a critical time.

Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining.:mad:

Chalk it up as a lie and a continuation of the FO to continue to blow smoke up our rears.......

Phobia 09-20-2004 08:34 AM

I'm guessing (from Priest's responses) that he was a little fed up with decisions being made. We wasted 2 timeouts in obvious "go for it" 4th down situations because the sideline was inept. Some of the playcalling was suspect all day.

My hypothesis is that Priest exploded on somebody - DV or AS and he spent the rest of the game on the sideline as a protest or punishment. I don't have any evidence to support this claim other than pure speculation coupled with some very odd circumstances.

jcroft 09-20-2004 08:46 AM

I definitely thought that Priest was on the sideline either in protest or punishment. I sort of thought maybe it was for his unwillingless to be part of the passing attack, but you're right, he definitely could have blasted someone on the sideline and ended up there because of that.

Lord Bestyle 09-20-2004 09:14 AM

I think they just gave up.

You need 2 TDs, 4 minutes on the clock, and the O has played horribly all day. The game was lost at that point anyway; it's not like the O was just going to come alive. Why risk hurting the guy who gives your best shot at winning next week?

That is assuming that AS will know to use Priest effectively next week. Is it just me or have the first two regular season games looked like pre-season effort?

Lzen 09-20-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Bestyle

You need 2 TDs, 4 minutes on the clock, and the O has played horribly all day. The game was lost at that point anyway; it's not like the O was just going to come alive. Why risk hurting the guy who gives your best shot at winning next week?

That is assuming that AS will know to use Priest effectively next week.

That is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here in a long time.
:rolleyes:

Quote:

Is it just me or have the first two regular season games looked like pre-season effort?

This I would agree with.

jcroft 09-20-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

I think you might be right, but if you are, that's the lamest thing I've ever seen.

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I'm guessing (from Priest's responses) that he was a little fed up with decisions being made. We wasted 2 timeouts in obvious "go for it" 4th down situations because the sideline was inept. Some of the playcalling was suspect all day.

My hypothesis is that Priest exploded on somebody - DV or AS and he spent the rest of the game on the sideline as a protest or punishment. I don't have any evidence to support this claim other than pure speculation coupled with some very odd circumstances.

I think you may be on to something here.

J Diddy 09-20-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

That is assuming that AS will know to use Priest effectively next week. Is it just me or have the first two regular season games looked like pre-season effort?

as I sat there in my seat debating whether to stay and see them out or leave, I was wondering if they had just given up.

The playcalling confirmed it.

Sure-Oz 09-20-2004 10:46 AM

Phob's got a good point, the coaching was horrible yesterday to say the least. Priest wants to win and he is busting his ass out there, I could picture him doing that, with good cause too. He is more vocal this year then he has been since he has been here.

Skip Towne 09-20-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
That is one of the dumbest things I've seen on here in a long time.
:rolleyes:

This I would agree with.

If that's one of the dumbest things you've seen on here in a long time, you aren't on here very much. :p

J Diddy 09-20-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I think it was while pondering this very thing that I felt the eyes of the other bar patrons on me in that "I wonder if that guy is going to start breaking things" way.... and my buddy responded with, "Glad to see you're taking the loss well."

It wasn't the fact they lost that got me.
It just looked so jv.

ChiefsCountry 09-20-2004 11:07 AM

Maybe it is because Priest sucks at passing blocking has anyone ever noticed that.

redsurfer11 09-20-2004 11:08 AM

Priest go bent backward when he left the field. The coaching staff thought Blaylock could make the play. Its called believing in your players.What guarantee is there that Holmes would have made the first down. With Holmes in the lineup, the Panthers would have been looking for him. 4th and 3 is a typical passing situation. We tried to fool them with Blaylock. It failed. Game over.