ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NFT: Jason Collins is teh ghey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272619)

loochy 04-30-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645603)
Are you only straight while you're having sex with a woman?

Well that's when the definition of straight/not straight occurs (well that or when one is having naughty thoughts)

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:06 AM

Do the people who claim their only criticism of Jason Collins is that he's "making a big deal" out of his sexuality by coming out in such a public way have a problem with the guys (and occasional gal) in Buck's New Dating Megathread "making a big deal" about their dating escapades? Would you have a problem if a gay planeteer started chronicling his dates in a CP thread?

HMc 04-30-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645597)
Help celebrate an historic day for gay rights by taking a big, runny dump all over 80% of the population! Grab your brushes...the broader the better!

I'm a 34 year old white male. I am straight. I am married. I have two young children. I am upper middle class. I am a man of faith. I live in Kansas. I support equality of rights. There are others like me.

Guess what? Without people like me, gay rights never would come as far as it has, and it will never get where it needs to go. At this point, gay rights zealots are the biggest enemies of gay rights. Instead of celebrating all of the many factors at play which have made yesterday's events possible, they have chosen to further marginalize themselves.

There's a reason that, while I support the cause at the ballot box, I'm not going out of my way to gin up support. I'm simply not going to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of hateful pricks.

Yes the Christian American theocracy is totally on board with rights equality. It's actually the gays' fault they aren't making faster progress. I need to start paying more attention, clearly.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645607)
Would you have a problem if a gay planeteer started chronicling his dates in a CP thread?

No, because that is a relevant topic to that thread.

However, if the planeteer started his or her own thread and it just said "HAY EVERYONE IM GAI SO EVERYONE POSIREP ME" I'd be a bit annoyed, as I am here.

HMc 04-30-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645606)
Well that's when the definition of straight/not straight occurs (well that or when one is having naughty thoughts)

I do hope this is trolling.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645612)
Yes the Christian American theocracy is totally on board with rights equality. It's actually the gays' fault they aren't making faster progress. I need to start paying more attention, clearly.

What RIGHTS are gay people lacking in the USA besides the marriage thing (which is in debate, but will probably fall soon)?

While uncomfortable and unfortunate, being mocked or ridiculed does not impede upon one's rights.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645615)
I do hope this is trolling.

? How is that trolling?

The definition of sexual orientation is should be a non factor unless sexually orienting or otherwise conducting related activities.

Edit: I guess it IS a factor, but it annoys me that it is.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:19 AM

Homosexuals will never be "equal" with heterosexuals.

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645621)
Homosexuals will never be "equal" with heterosexuals.

Isn't there an oil well you can go masturbate in?

loochy 04-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645625)

I think he's stating that matter of factly as an observation of inherent human nature. Differences will always be pointed out, despite acceptance or rejection of those differences.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645625)

Probably, but what I stated is accurate, if unpleasant for some.

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645614)
No, because that is a relevant topic to that thread.

However, if the planeteer started his or her own thread and it just said "HAY EVERYONE IM GAI SO EVERYONE POSIREP ME" I'd be a bit annoyed, as I am here.

It's only relevant because Buck started the thread in the first place. Collins is starting a new public thread.

Collins public statement is noteworthy because it's such a rarity. When it becomes more commonplace, no one will be coming out in the pages of SI. I just don't see much reason to be annoyed by Collins' action. I agree with Saul Good that there is plenty to disagree with when it comes to other aspects of gay rights activism though.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645630)
It's only relevant because Buck started the thread in the first place. Collins is starting a new public thread.

Collins public statement is noteworthy because it's such a rarity. When it becomes more commonplace, no one will be coming out in the pages of SI. I just don't see much reason to be annoyed by Collins' action. I agree with Saul Good that there is plenty to disagree with when it comes to other aspects of gay rights activism though.

OK so Collins is the OP. :thumb:

Will his thread turn out to be one of the megathreads that has to be archived, closed, and continued in a new thread?

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645628)
Probably, but what I stated is accurate, if unpleasant for some.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm straight... not sure how you come up with the "They will never be equal to us" thing though.

ChiefsLV 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645514)
Yeah, it's been just awful. Everyone is just gay bashing in this thread.

The most interesting thing to me about this whole story to me is that so many of the gay rights supporters seem pissed that there is so little outrage. I haven't seen anyone freak out over a gay athlete, but I've seen plenty of people bashing religious people for being hateful.

I support the cause, but the martyr complex is out of control. I would think that the narrative to come from this would be that a gay player came out and was almost universally accepted.

The most negative reactions so far seem to be people saying "who cares" or Mike Wallace saying that he doesn't get why a guy would want to get with another guy. I don't see anyone grabbing a rope. This is a perfect chance for gay rights activists to extend an olive branch, but it's just another occasion to throw stones, it seems. Keep wondering why the cause is progressing so slowly, though. It must be everyone else's fault, especially those piece of shit bigoted, hateful Christian mother****ers.

Funny, here I thought gay rights issues and acceptance were progressing faster than ever before. I need to check up on the monthly CP homosexuality threads more often and really get educated on the subject.