ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Do you still use the term "Master Bedroom" ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272422)

ChiTown 04-24-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9620417)
That's great until you find out that the mailman, plumber, cable tech and six of your neighbors also call it "a place where chitown's wife turns into a whore".

:LOL:

jAZ 04-24-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9621076)
Yeah, because OWNER is such a more sensitive term. Like slave-owner. Oops! No wait, it's not more sensitive.

If they think it will help them sell more houses, should they refuse to make the change just so that you can be happy about it?

Why should you have any opinion about this in any way, other than "that's your business decision? You think it works for you? Go for it."

Seriously. I think the "political correctness" crowd can mark this down as their "jumped the shark" moment.

Now, not even a business acting in its own self interest, without any fanfare or outside pressure of any kind, can make a choice like this without getting some people pissed off.

So much for even the barely coherent "give me my 1st amendment freedoms!!!" non-sense.

jAZ 04-24-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9621279)
Did I miss the part where this wasn't designed to be an incremental move the eliminated the wording at the source so that it would eventually just die out?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZJdYirFqGp...foil%2Bhat.jpg

Donger 04-24-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9621021)
It's funny how "political correctness" ends up being a term that covers any change made to suit the preferences of anyone other than white-men.

Who on earth would feel anything about this other than "oh, you think that will help you sell more houses to women and minorities? ok then."?

You don't think that this outfit had political correctness in mind when they came up with this?

Fat Elvis 04-24-2013 04:26 PM

This wouldn't be an issue if homebuilders would just quit calling the crawl space under the stairs the "slave quarters."

JoeyChuckles 04-24-2013 04:59 PM

I think reading the reactions of old people is funnier than the actual name change itself.

Just Passin' By 04-24-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9621347)
If they think it will help them sell more houses, should they refuse to make the change just so that you can be happy about it?

Why should you have any opinion about this in any way, other than "that's your business decision? You think it works for you? Go for it."

Seriously. I think the "political correctness" crowd can mark this down as their "jumped the shark" moment.

Now, not even a business acting in its own self interest, without any fanfare or outside pressure of any kind, can make a choice like this without getting some people pissed off.

So much for even the barely coherent "give me my 1st amendment freedoms!!!" non-sense.

Did you bother to read the article?

Quote:

Why? In large part for exactly the reason you would think: “Master” has connotation problems, in gender (it skews toward male) and race (the slave-master).
Quote:

“I imagine it’s not only a more accurate description but also a more politically correct term of art,” said Steve Nardella, senior vice president of operations for Bethesda-based Winchester Homes Inc.
Quote:

older brokers tend to use “master,” because that is what they’ve always used, while the younger agents “want to be more politically correct."
Quote:

Over time, “master” will be filtered out entirely, he said. The change is “just working through the industry, and finally, bingo, we got it.”

Spott 04-24-2013 05:15 PM

I like my masta bedroom and masta bathroom.

Bwana 04-24-2013 05:27 PM

People like this I just look at and tell them to **** off.

CrazyPhuD 04-24-2013 05:33 PM

Is it PC to call it the Master Bate room instead?

007 04-24-2013 05:57 PM

JFC Seriously? :facepalm:

displacedinMN 04-24-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9619878)
There must be a secret society of crazies who sit around and find new things to call politically incorrect.

There are .

I wish I could rep everyone here today.

Bugeater 04-24-2013 06:37 PM

I guess I could see some sense in it if that were the actual origin of the term, but according to Merriam Webster it was first used in 1925, which was long after slavery was abolished. I never even thought of it in those terms anyway, I saw the use of "master" as meaning "main" or "primary".

So yeah, anyone who wouldn't buy a house because of that term being used would be a hypersensitive pussy. For example, I could see Simplicity doing something like that someday.

displacedinMN 04-24-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9622231)
I guess I could see some sense in it if that were the actual origin of the term, but according to Merriam Webster it was first used in 1925, which was long after slavery was abolished. I never even thought of it in those terms anyway, I saw the use of "master" as meaning "main" or "primary".

So yeah, anyone who wouldn't buy a house because of that term being used would be a hypersensitive pussy. For example, I could see Simplicity doing something like that someday.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:hail:

Buck 04-24-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9622231)

That bitch will never be able to buy a house.