ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How do you feel about Popeyes chicken? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275171)

tredadda 07-14-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15741216)
Culver’s was founded here in Wisconsin and are all over the place here. There’s 5 locations within 20 minutes of me, and you are absolutely correct. I’m not even sure you can consider them fast food, it’s another level. The Pretzel House Pub Burger is legitimately one of the top 3 burgers I’ve ever eaten.

They are truly top shelf in every way.

Culver's is outstanding. By far and away one of the best "fast food" places out there.

Frazod 07-14-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15741253)
Culver's is outstanding. By far and away one of the best "fast food" places out there.

Except I've never been to one where the service was anything approaching fast.

tredadda 07-14-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15741254)
Except I've never been to one where the service was anything approaching fast.

It's not. I feel the same way about Chick Fil A. I still think most people would categorize those two places as fast food and not a restaurant or even fast casual like a Panera.

Frazod 07-14-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15741256)
It's not. I feel the same way about Chick Fil A. I still think most people would categorize those two places as fast food and not a restaurant or even fast casual like a Panera.

Culver's is excellent, though. Definitely one of the best chains.

As for Chick Fil A, I like it, but as I have mentioned before, the nearest Chick Fil A is located literally next door to the nearest Popeyes. Sorry, Chick Fil A, but you lose.

tredadda 07-14-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15741260)
Culver's is excellent, though. Definitely one of the best chains.

As for Chick Fil A, I like it, but as I have mentioned before, the nearest Chick Fil A is located literally next door to the nearest Popeyes. Sorry, Chick Fil A, but you lose.

That is understandable, both are good choices. I can see why one would prefer Popeye's over Chick Fil A though.

Pitt Gorilla 07-15-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15741216)
Culver’s was founded here in Wisconsin and are all over the place here. There’s 5 locations within 20 minutes of me, and you are absolutely correct. I’m not even sure you can consider them fast food, it’s another level. The Pretzel House Pub Burger is legitimately one of the top 3 burgers I’ve ever eaten.

They are truly top shelf in every way.

We eat at Culver's quite a bit. It's always outstanding.

Dunerdr 07-15-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15741231)
Culver’s seems like a great company to work for. Have some relatives that work for them.

Another chain I like is Braums. I like their burgers and fries. Only seen them in Oklahoma and northern Texas.

I have a Braums here i town and take it for granted. Really quality burgers most of the time. I've heard the ownership is extreme micromanagers from people who have worked there. They apparently watch the cameras from corporate and reprimand employees for giving out too many straws or having burgers "ready" for too long.

PHOG 07-15-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15741228)
Every Culvers experience ive ever had has been A1. We dont have them here in Oklahoma so i always try to stop at one when i head towards springfield.

https://www.menuwithprice.com/menu/c...a/tulsa/32543/

gblowfish 07-15-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15741390)
I have a Braums here i town and take it for granted. Really quality burgers most of the time. I've heard the ownership is extreme micromanagers from people who have worked there. They apparently watch the cameras from corporate and reprimand employees for giving out too many straws or having burgers "ready" for too long.

There's a Braum's in Carthage, MO just off I-49.

gblowfish 07-15-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15741253)

They're not fast, but that's OK. Sleeper item is their fish sandwich. It's fabulous.

Jewish Rabbi 07-15-2021 12:43 PM

I’ve gotten sick eating Culver’s at multiple different locations. Hard pass for me.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-15-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15741850)
They're not fast, but that's OK. Sleeper item is their fish sandwich. It's fabulous.

Hand battered Atlantic Cod. As good as you'll find anywhere.

Seasonally (at least in Wisconsin) they have Walleye that is even better.

ptlyon 07-15-2021 01:10 PM

Arby's fish sandwich is good. Only around during lent though, at least around here.

Stryker 07-15-2021 04:52 PM

Lol! I had Popeyes for lunch today. Spicy chicken sandwich with a side of red beans and rice. LOVE that chicken from Popeyes! :thumb:

Buehler445 07-16-2021 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15739752)
Probably good, but won’t touch Chickfilet chicken chunks.

Do you go to the one in Garden? Weve only been a few times and it was rough. I really think that if they could get staff to get fresh food out it would be really good. But that doesn’t happen so it’s pretty tough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15741228)
Every Culvers experience ive ever had has been A1. We dont have them here in Oklahoma so i always try to stop at one when i head towards springfield.

There was a Culver’s in Emporia when I went to college there. I don’t know if was associated with the ones in KC but it was good not great. They had. A fantastic location too. One of the few places that were east to get to from the interstate. Last time I was through there it was a Spangles, which is whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Another chain I like is Braums. I like their burgers and fries. Only seen them in Oklahoma and northern Texas.

I’ve ate at the Braums on Emporia and Great Bend and their stuff is meh. Their fries are never crispy which is a cardinal sin, and their burgers are OK. Pretty dense and not a ton of seasoning. They don’t grill the bun. Couple that with being slow, and you get meh. Ice cream is usually good enough to save it.