ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How do you feel about Popeyes chicken? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275171)

Dunit35 09-28-2017 09:19 PM

We are getting a Popeye's here.

I had it in Baton Rouge while traveling through. The chicken was awful.

threebag 09-28-2017 09:22 PM

When I lived in Edmund Washington just north of Seattle we would drive 1:30-2:00 hours south to Fedral Way/Taquila for Popeye's. And that was with favorable traffic.

Frazod 09-28-2017 09:28 PM

Popeye's rules. Blows all the competition away. Can't even remember the last time I ate at a KFC.

lewdog 09-28-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13111100)
Popeye's rules. Blows all the competition away. Can't even remember the last time I ate at a KFC.

We have Church's chicken and Popeye's very close to each other. I've never had Church's.

I would never think of touching KFC ever again in my entire life.

Red Dawg 09-28-2017 09:30 PM

I like them.

notorious 09-28-2017 09:33 PM

Had their new Cajun fries yesterday.

Would. Every. Day.

Frazod 09-28-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13111105)
We have Church's chicken and Popeye's very close to each other. I've never had Church's.

There's a local chain up here called Brown's that I like, but none of its locations are convenient for me. Don't think I've ever had Church's.

notorious 09-28-2017 09:34 PM

Everything else I've had there is fantastic.

TimBone 09-28-2017 09:42 PM

I will never eat Popeyes again, and it's my Father in Laws fault. Pull up a chair folks, and let me tell you a story.

My Father in Law visited us from California this past February, and the day he arrived, he asked me to make him some bbq. I like my Father in law, so I was definitely up to the task.

So, on my only day off that week, my wife, father in law, and son went sightseeing the entire day while I stayed at home smoking ribs and pulled pork to absolute perfection. Spent all day on the task. Tended to the smoker, while also making homemade sauce, homemade cole slaw (modeled after Q39's delicious recipe with apples), and homemade French fries.

I worked so hard on this meal, and it turned out amazing. ****ing amazing. I asked my wife to have them home at 7:30 pm. So, I timed it to where everything was ready right around that time. My timing was amazing. ****ing amazing.

At 7:30 pm, I've got a table full of delicious homemade bbq.....and nobody is home. I sit there until about 7:45 pm. I decide to eat a to be while I'm waiting. Confirmed that it was ****ing amazing.

8:00 pm rolls around. Still no one home. I decide to text my wife, and see wtf is going on. I ask where they're at, and she replies with an apology and says they're almost home.

They walk in the door about twenty minutes later, and he father is carrying a big ****ing box of Popeyes chicken and sides. Before I can even get a word out, my wife almost pulls me to our bedroom and says something along the lines of, "I'm sorry. My dad wanted to have Popeyes while he was here because he says it's better in Louisiana than it is in California. Since he leaves early for the airport tomorrow, this was his last chance." I give her the look of death and explain to her how much work this meal was. She keeps apologizing and just kept telling me that she couldn't tell him no.

Anyways, he sat at our dining room table, surrounded by beautiful bbq, and ate like four pieces of Popeyes chicken. After wards, he ate a rib or two.

Ever since that night, I can't pass by Popeyes without thinking of that meal.

****ing shit. Let me just comment on the absurdity of the thought that a fast food restaurant is somehow amazingly better in one state than it is in another. It's not like the ****ing warehouse where they prepare and freeze all the Popeyes food is sorting through everything and sending all the good shit to Louisiana.

To top it off, they were sight seeing in a city south of our house, and they got the Popeyes in our town just a couple of miles north of our house. That means, while I was sitting at our table, watching this beautiful bbq meal slowly die as it waits, they passed right by my house (we live on the highway between the two towns) to go get the Popeyes. I found that out a few days later, and it made me rage all over again.

So, in short, **** Popeyes. I know it's not their fault, but **** 'em.

Easy 6 09-28-2017 09:48 PM

LMAO

Popeyes > **** you, Tim

Hammock Parties 09-28-2017 09:52 PM

You need to text him penetrative nudes.

Baby Lee 09-28-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13110939)
If you don't get the Cajun mashed potatoes, I'll internet kick you in the balls.
Next, the cajun fries.
Biscuits.
Green beans.
Cajun Rice.

In that order.

I've never seen so wrong an answer in my life!!

Red Beans and Rice is the ONLY answer.

And you don't even list it as an option.

threebag 09-28-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13111105)

If you go to church's ask for the sprinkles

Frazod 09-28-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111168)
I've never seen so wrong an answer in my life!!

Red Beans and Rice is the ONLY answer.

And you don't even list it as an option.

I like the cajun rice, too. The mashed potatoes are also good. But I do prefer the red beans and rice.

patteeu 09-28-2017 10:12 PM

Cajun mashed potatoes and red beans and rice are my two side choices.