ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Well, I’ve had better days. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119337)

R&GHomer 07-11-2005 03:48 PM

Well, I’ve had better days.

Filed for divorce and bankruptcy on the same f**king day. So far the divorce is uncontested 50 / 50 straight down the line and well, I just couldn’t think of anything else too do but claim bankruptcy. I was unemployed for 6 months, getting sued by the credit card company and the company that financed my Van.

The credit card company was willing to work something out, but the auto financer basically told me to take a flying leap. They said; sure you can start making payments now that you’re employed, but we are still going to sue ya. Now, understand they have already taken the van and sold it for far below what I still owed on it. I tried working with a couple of the credit places and they won’t even try to work with the auto stuff.

My lawyer basically said that you can split all the bills in the divorce, but if they can’t get the money from her, they are going to come looking for you. So the future ex and I said **** it and filed. I sure hope I did the right thing.

Has anyone been forced into something similar? If so, do you have any advice on the best way to rebuild my credit and what kind of hassles I’m going to run into?

Thanks….

Calcountry 07-11-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&GHomer
Filed for divorce and bankruptcy on the same f**king day. So far the divorce is uncontested 50 / 50 straight down the line and well, I just couldn’t think of anything else too do but claim bankruptcy. I was unemployed for 6 months, getting sued by the credit card company and the company that financed my Van.

The credit card company was willing to work something out, but the auto financer basically told me to take a flying leap. They said; sure you can start making payments now that you’re employed, but we are still going to sue ya. Now, understand they have already taken the van and sold it for far below what I still owed on it. I tried working with a couple of the credit places and they won’t even try to work with the auto stuff.

My lawyer basically said that you can split all the bills in the divorce, but if they can’t get the money from her, they are going to come looking for you. So the future ex and I said **** it and filed. I sure hope I did the right thing.

Has anyone been forced into something similar? If so, do you have any advice on the best way to rebuild my credit and what kind of hassles I’m going to run into?

Thanks….

Divorce, unless you are rich and have a pre nup, almost always leads to a bankruptcy. Since a lot of the marital strife stemmed from the money troubles in the first place, it is a good bet most divorced couples are upside down on their balance sheets.

You did the right thing, at least your ex is bankrupt as well.

KChiefsQT 07-11-2005 03:59 PM

my mom filed for bankruptcy a few years back after her and my dad divorced. You just have to build up credit all over again. But...you'll get through it. You did the right thing. I wish you the best of luck on this rough day!! Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne 07-11-2005 04:00 PM

I made it through a divorce without bankrupting. But it certainly put a dent in my finances.

Calcountry 07-11-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I made it through a divorce without bankrupting. But it certainly put a dent in my finances.

How was the weather there in Ak today? Any high winds or big downpours?

Mr. Kotter 07-11-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr

You did the right thing, at least your ex is bankrupt as well.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I knew I liked you, heh. ROFL

Simplex3 07-11-2005 04:08 PM

First, sounds rough but you'll get past it and be better for it.

Second, is there anyone near him to make sure there aren't any bowls of antifreeze left out?

KCChiefsMan 07-11-2005 04:09 PM

I knew a guy in a similiar situation. She ended up marrying the divorce attorney

brorth 07-11-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

How was the weather there in Ak today? Any high winds or big downpours?

Skip's in Alaska now? Wow, be careful. Hidh winds and big downpours make for a lot of ice...

Mr. Kotter 07-11-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&GHomer

Thanks….

Sorry about these unfortunate events. Life is difficult, often. Keep your chin up, and keep pushin....and doin' what you think is right.

Creditors who act as your auto financier drive people to desperate actions. I realize they have stock holders to keep happy, but the bottom-line is when you treat conscientious customers (you sound as if you tried to work with them) without leniency or compassion, they put customers in a difficult spot. No wonder many customers then say, "fugg it; I'll just declare bankruptcy"--at that point, many of us would. In the end, such creditors are worse off for their flippant and arrogant tactics.

Credit can be rebuilt; these things happen a lot these days. Many have moved on, so will you. Be tough; hang in there...although I know that is easier said than done.

Calcountry 07-11-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I knew a guy in a similiar situation. She ended up marrying the divorce attorney

I bet single Divorce attorneys get more revenge lays than they can count.

KCChiefsMan 07-11-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

I bet single Divorce attorneys get more revenge lays than they can count.

ya, I'm in the wrong business

Calcountry 07-11-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brorth
Skip's in Alaska now? Wow, be careful. Hidh winds and big downpours make for a lot of ice...

Fug, did I get the postal abrieviation wrong for Arkiesaw? Shows you how many letters I have sent there, doesn't it?

go bo 07-11-2005 04:22 PM

skip's in okiesaw nowadays...

R&GHomer 07-11-2005 04:27 PM

I'm sure everything is going to be alright, but I really hated to file bankruptcy. I just feel like a bum! But hell, it wasn't like they gave me many options.