ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peter King SI, A couple of nuggets about DT and the Hall.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157937)

Deberg_1990 02-05-2007 05:30 PM

Peter King SI, A couple of nuggets about DT and the Hall....

Taken out of his MMQB column...after he slurps all over Mannings nuts of course.....LOL

12. Kansas City (9-8). Derrick Thomas has a tough road to Canton, I believe. His presenter, Bob Gretz, does a terrific job stating Thomas' case, but my feeling is that more than a few people in the room think he was a one-dimensional player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...er.bowl/2.html

4. I think there was a lot of good, and some bad, in Saturday's Hall of Fame elections in Miami Beach. First, there were 17 men up for election, and, as one of 40 selectors, I favored 14 for entry. The only ones I did not support were Ray Guy (not a singular punter in my opinion, despite his legend), Derrick Thomas (too one-dimensional for my tastes), and Andre Reed (a good player who benefited from a great offense with a great triggerman in Jim Kelly).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...er.bowl/5.html

This pisses me off. I honestly dont think an "East Coast" guy like King really saw enough of DT play to make a fair judgement on him.

Nice...

siberian khatru 02-05-2007 05:52 PM

OK, then it was one dimension that he was the best at and which changed numerous games.

So many coaches talk about how important it is in the NFL to have a pass rush. DT could bring it.

I took off my homer glasses and stomped them to bits, and I still think DT is a HOFer.

TEX 02-05-2007 05:53 PM

Has Peter King ever said anything good about the Chiefs? If DT were a Ram or a Donx, he'd get King's vote.

Besides, I don't mind if DT was one dimensional because when he played he was the BEST at that one dimension and every team had to account for him. So, he changed every game that he played in.

FAX 02-05-2007 05:54 PM

Despicable bastard.

FAX

HMc 02-05-2007 05:54 PM

Er, Dan Marino was one dimensionsal aswell, by that logic

|Zach| 02-05-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
Has Peter King ever said anything good about the Chiefs? If DT were a Ram or a Donx, he'd get King's vote.

Besides, I don't mind if DT was one dimensional because when he played he was the BEST at that one dimension and every team had to account for him. So, he changed every game that he played in.

He has...a lot of times...

But people seem to have more fun believing the media hates us. :hmmm:

FAX 02-05-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
Er, Dan Marino was one dimensionsal aswell, by that logic

Good point, Mr. HMc. Come to think of it, you could also include practically every other QB who ever played, as well as most RBs, wideouts, cornerbacks and coaches, for that matter.

How many dimensions must a player have to be considered hall worthy? This guy likes to hear himself talk.

FAX

acesn8s 02-05-2007 06:01 PM

Hey King!!!

:cuss: you!

Deberg_1990 02-05-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Zach)
He has...a lot of times...

But people seem to have more fun believing the media hates us. :hmmm:

I dont think King hates the Chiefs and that wasnt my intent. I just dont think King can make a fair call on him as i mentioned earlier.

Plus, the hall is unfairly biased towards offensive players.

Although, he does say in his column that Art Monk is getting jobbed...

|Zach| 02-05-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
I dont think King hates the Chiefs and that wasnt my intent. I just dont think King can make a fair call on him as i mentioned earlier.

Plus, the hall is unfairly biased towards offensive players.

Although, he does say in his column that Art Monk is getting jobbed...

I don't agree with his take but...

Why can't he make a fair call?

kcxiv 02-05-2007 06:06 PM

Derrick Wont get in for a good long while i beleive. He's going to just get lost in there somewhere.

Deberg_1990 02-05-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Why can't he make a fair call?

Hes an East Coast guy. He talks about the Giants and Jets more than any other team because thats where he lives and thats what he primarily sees on TV every week.

I just dont think he saw DT play that much. I really dont.

|Zach| 02-05-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Hes an East Coast guy. He talks about the Giants and Jets more than any other team because thats where he lives and thats what he primarily sees on TV every week.

I just dont think he saw DT play that much. I really dont.

I may have a problem with that if he were the only one.

You can't be everything to everyone.

Deberg_1990 02-05-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

I may have a problem with that if he were the only one.

You can't be everything to everyone.

I guess thats why the have the individual (local media)presenters like Gretz to help balance things out....

Oh well, I think DT will make it eventually....or he could turn out to be another Art Monk....

Braincase 02-05-2007 06:21 PM

Will Shields will be deemed one-dimensional becasue he only played offense.