ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dick, Larry, and the Herm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149925)

Knob 10-15-2006 06:56 PM

Dick, Larry, and the Herm

Isn't it ironic how Larry hated Dick (diapers fiasco).......Yet Dick's offense helped Larry be a star. Vermeil offense spread defense's out, and Larry took advantage. Now Larry loves Herm (Your my starter statement) Makes whole offense a run type deal, and every team stack s 8 in the box. Larry is now mortal. Larry must sure miss coach Vermeil.

I would trade larry for a top pick in the 2007 draft and take a shot at a franchise QB.......Start rebuilding. Any thoughts?

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 06:58 PM

I think that you are overreactiing a bit.....we don't have the dominating offensive line we've had in past years. That is the MAIN problem with the O and the conservative play calling and lack of respect for our backup QB.

Knob 10-15-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I think that you are overreactiing a bit.....we don't have the dominating offensive line we've had in past years. That is the MAIN problem with the O and the conservative play calling and lack of respect for our backup QB.

But don't you think by the time we fix O-line and wr's LJ's time might be long gone anyways.......Now he will get us a top draft pick and we can have a shot at a Manning type QB maybe?

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:02 PM

Trading LJ just adds another hole to the offense, we need to get help via FA and the draft for the OL and DL. Croyle is our QBOTF.

Knob 10-15-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Trading LJ just adds another hole to the offense, we need to get help via FA and the draft for the OL and DL. Croyle is our QBOTF.

Bennett has looked good to me when playing in games....Fast as hell, just but not very healthy. I'd take him as my starter and take a pick for LJ, combined with are pick this year and then roll the dice on a QB in the top tier of college.

Look at Tom Brady and the Pats. A Stud QB will always keep you competitive, even when your team isn't that great. I want the chiefs to have a Stud QB.....Last one that was really ours was Len Dawson.(Montana was in the twilight)

Rain Man 10-15-2006 07:15 PM

I think Rob has an interesting point. However, no one can run against the 12-man fronts we've been seeing.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

We need to trade Gonzalez. He's done.

Rising Sun 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

A good RB will take the pressure off of a QB. Even considering trading a franchise RB of LJs age for a top pick is assinine.

milkman 10-15-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Bennett has looked good to me when playing in games....Fast as hell, just but not very healthy. I'd take him as my starter and take a pick for LJ, combined with are pick this year and then roll the dice on a QB in the top tier of college.

Look at Tom Brady and the Pats. A Stud QB will always keep you competitive, even when your team isn't that great. I want the chiefs to have a Stud QB.....Last one that was really ours was Len Dawson.(Montana was in the twilight)

Dawson wasn't a stud QB.

He was good QB on a damn good team.

The Bad Guy 10-15-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob

So you'd take an unknown draft pick and an often-injured RB for Larry Johnson.

The problem with your flawed logic is you're assuming the QB the Chiefs would draft is going to be a stud.

Generally, first round QBs aren't.

Trading Larry Johnson isn't the answer to any problem.

B2chiefsfan 10-15-2006 07:20 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149919

JBucc 10-15-2006 07:21 PM

I know it's not the smart thing to do but this whole trading LJ for a first rounder thing intrigues me for some reason. Then we could get a couple OT's, maybe a QB and a WR, then in the 08 draft we could take Darren McFadden and he'd have a nice O-Line to run behind. Or we could just keep LJ.

NJ Chief Fan 10-15-2006 07:26 PM

my buddy Rob shut the **** up, stop speaking this rubbish, what the **** kind of bull shit is this trading LJ non sense?!?!?!?!?!?! we arent going to give up on the qb we just drafted when he hasnt even played in a game were he doesnt just take a kneel down! we need o-line help, and our original starting qb to come back SO SHUT THE **** UP you stupid fool

Rising Sun 10-15-2006 07:28 PM

attack attack attack lol

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Chief Fan
my buddy Rob shut the **** up, stop speaking this rubbish, what the **** kind of bull shit is this trading LJ non sense?!?!?!?!?!?! we arent going to give up on the qb we just drafted when he hasnt even played in a game were he doesnt just take a kneel down! we need o-line help, and our original starting qb to come back SO SHUT THE **** UP you stupid fool

wow asshole much?? not like the dude was rippin lj and being a douch about it, go yell at the tv some more.