ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9908390)
I don't follow these types of things all that much but apparently, according to this dude, Nicholas Cage was a possibility to play Superman. LMAO That would have been epic.

Way off on Anne Hathaway, IMO.

jspchief 08-23-2013 11:25 AM

Does anyone think it will keep the movie from making truckloads of money? For every pissed fanboy who says he won't see it (and most of them probably will anyway), there will be 2 moms/girlfriends/lemming movie-viewers that will go.

Hollywood doesn't care about pleasing the lunatic fringe, they care about making money.

bevischief 08-23-2013 11:31 AM

Affleck has previous experience as a superhero -- he played Daredevil in the 2003 film of the same name.

That movie sucked...

jspchief 08-23-2013 11:36 AM

Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

jd1020 08-23-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908412)
Way off on Anne Hathaway, IMO.

Really?

What was Hathaways role in the movie?

Literally all I can remember of Catwoman was that she was a thief that wanted a clean slate and blew up a blockade. The whole character felt like an afterthought with no purpose beyond what a civilian could/would do.

Valiant 08-23-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9908222)
This post is full of stupid.

Bale missed? Mickey Rourke as Batman?

If you thought bale played millers dark knight you are stupid. I did not say he was a bad batman.

And rourke basically played miller batman in sin city.

I guess I should not expect more from an clueless idiot trying to chime in on comic book movies.

Baby Lee 08-23-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9908441)
Really?

What was Hathaways role in the movie?

Literally all I can remember of Catwoman was that she was a thief that wanted a clean slate and blew up a blockade. The whole character felt like an afterthought with no purpose beyond what a civilian could/would do.

Encapsulated a version of Catwoman I personally endorse, independent, avoiding interaction, self-interested and defensive, but ready to strike brutally, quickly and efficiently when cornered.

Basically 'leave me alone and let me achieve my objectives, and if you confront me head on, you'll find out you are by no means in charge here.'

keg in kc 08-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)
Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

Hollywoodland (irony there), The Town and Argo.

I think the bigger issue is that it's going to be hard to see Bruce Wayne on screen and not Ben Affleck.

jd1020 08-23-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9908450)
Encapsulated a version of Catwoman I personally endorse, independent, avoiding interaction, self-interested and defensive, but ready to strike brutally, quickly and efficiently when cornered.

Basically 'leave me alone and let me achieve my objectives, and if you confront me head on, you'll find out you are by no means in charge here.'

I guess we watched 2 different versions of the movie.

She spent the whole movie running around doing other peoples work, pretty much a 180 from someone "in charge" and her big role to helping Batman stop Bane was using Batmans bike to blowup a blockade.

If there wasn't a cat suit in the movie you'd have a hard time figuring out that was suppose to be Catwoman.

Discuss Thrower 08-23-2013 12:10 PM

Affleck you were the bomb in Phantoms, yo!

Molitoth 08-23-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)

I don't know if these count as "major" roles, but he was great in:
-Dazed and Confused
-Boiler Room

Frazod 08-23-2013 12:41 PM

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...16821715_n.jpg

DJ's left nut 08-23-2013 12:41 PM

This might be nuts, but could Jon Hamm have pulled it off?

And I had to go look this guys name up, but wouldn't this dude have been an awesome 'older' batman as well?

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...niello-440.jpg

Joe Manganiello (I don't know if anyone would've recognized the name). Dude's already built like a truck and I think he was in Spiderman, so it's not something he's unfamiliar with.

Affleck? Suck pick. Even if Hamm couldn't have done it, Manganiello would've killed it.

EDIT: I see I Q'd the Jon Hamm suggestion.

BigCatDaddy 08-23-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908432)
Does anyone think it will keep the movie from making truckloads of money? For every pissed fanboy who says he won't see it (and most of them probably will anyway), there will be 2 moms/girlfriends/lemming movie-viewers that will go.

Hollywood doesn't care about pleasing the lunatic fringe, they care about making money.

Because moms and chicks dig superhero flicks.

I think it was going to be VERY tough to pull off, but so much negative publicity I think it's sunk before it sets sail if it's anything other than a top notch movie which I had doubts about even if Bale played Batman.

The Franchise 08-23-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9908573)
This might be nuts, but could Jon Hamm have pulled it off?

And I had to go look this guys name up, but wouldn't this dude have been an awesome 'older' batman as well?

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...niello-440.jpg

Joe Manganiello (I don't know if anyone would've recognized the name). Dude's already built like a truck and I think he was in Spiderman, so it's not something he's unfamiliar with.

Affleck? Suck pick. Even if Hamm couldn't have done it, Manganiello would've killed it.

EDIT: I see I Q'd the Jon Hamm suggestion.

Manganiello would have at least been interesting and made me want to check it out to see how he'd do. Affleck makes me want to stay the **** away from this shit.