ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Be afraid. Be very afraid. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14195)

Gaz 11-28-2000 08:30 AM

Lamar said he wants to keep Carl as GM.

Carl said that he does not plan on replacing Gunther. Of course, he is unlikely to say anything else during the season and he did leave the door open to change his mind. But for now, he's giving Gunther a "thumbs up."

Let us assume the worst: Gunther is the Chiefs Head Coach for the 2001 season.

What if Gunther keeps the Stooges?

xoxo~
gaz
terrorizing himself.<BR>

Red and Gold Mania 11-28-2000 08:32 AM

It is sick.

I don't know what to say...

Clint in Wichita 11-28-2000 08:32 AM

If all the stooges are kept, I'll certainly quit making an effort to watch every game...I'm at that point right now.

Baby Lee 11-28-2000 08:47 AM

Not to belittle the real situation to which I am analogizing, but with the Chiefs I feel like Robert Downey Jr.'s parents must feel. He's done good things in the past, and since he's my I kid I love him, but he's a junkie and, truth be told, an embarassment.

If the Chiefs can't get the piss-poor coaching monkey of their back, I think the next couple of years will call for some tough love.

bkkcoh 11-28-2000 08:47 AM

But there is nothing like a vote of confidence, is there? ;)

------------------
Brian K.

The future is much like the present, only longer.

[i]Don Quisenberry </I>

Mosbonian 11-28-2000 08:50 AM

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Dan the Lurker....

I would probably take a good look at how much I would financially support the team. Although my amount is insignificant, a thousand people like me, who no longer buy the licensed goods with Chiefs logos will make a dent in the $$'s the Chiefs get from my household.

I would still pay my $$ to buy NFL Direct ticket, because I love watching the NFL in general, and I would still root for the Chiefs, but I can tell you that I would do so with the firm knowledge that neither Lamar & Carl were NOW doing their best to field a winning team.

My hopes are that Gunther sees the light on his staff and cans them all. If not, I will resign myself to watching a repeat of the demise of a great franchise, like the one many of us "older" fans saw in the late 70's, early 80's.

mark

------------------
Kilgore is a noun, not a verb..

MrBlond 11-28-2000 08:55 AM

Why wouldnt Gun keep the stooges? He kept them last year and this offense is just as inept but in the opposite way. Special teams are no worse than they have been since Stock came aboard. And the D has the excuse of being young. The stooges were retained after last year and their performance remains consistant. As does Cunningham and Peterson for that matter. I continue my assualt on this dead horse...clean house from top to bottom.

WisChief 11-28-2000 08:57 AM

If Gunther cans the entire staff - from the stooges on down to his own son the towel boy - would it make a difference?

I say NO it would not. Gunther is a moron and does not belong in this position. His "polar" behavior effect everyone and anyone. He and They all must go.

MrBlond 11-28-2000 09:04 AM

"I'm very happy with Gunther. The owner (Lamar Hunt) is, too. Are we disappointed where we are right now at 5-7? Yes. But I was very pleased a year ago, as Lamar was, with Gunther turning this organization back to a winning one. That was not a very easy thing to do." -Carl Peterson

Carl had been at the helm of the Chiefs for a decade before hiring Gunther. If it was such a hard task to "turn this organization back to a winning one." WHY, OH WHY does Peterson have one defender? If the team were in such disarray before gunther who is responsible?<BR>

KCTitus 11-28-2000 09:18 AM

Check this out...see #31
http://www.sportstalk.com/nfl/power/...gs/index.shtml

Pretty much says it all.<BR>

TEX 11-28-2000 09:19 AM

I agree with Mark in #5. I have been around for many years and remember Superbowls 1 and 4. The dacade after was a very LONG one. Unlike that slide, this one would be WORSE even though the Chiefs have not experienced the ultinate success like they did in my childhood. Worse, because as an adult, I can see the problems and the cure. The Stooges are KILLING this and they have all had thier chances and all have failed. The Chiefs are EXACTLY where I thought they would be before the season started, that was easy to forcast. Their fate was sealed when the Stooges were retained. IMHO, Gun now knows this and so does Carl. Things will change.

TEX 11-28-2000 09:23 AM

Titus,
LOL! That's funny. the Chiefs are not the worst team in the NFL, but they are sure playing like it. They do have the ABSOLUTE WORST coaching staff in football - hands down.

kcred 11-28-2000 09:36 AM

At the risk of sounding like Packfan, this does it. Carl Peterson has to be demented to even think of retaining Gunther. He also must be watching a different Chiefs team than I am. I don't think they are playing hard, at times maybe, but not 110% in every game. Lamar needs to give the reins to his son, his son needs to fire Peterson, and the first order given to the new GM, is to fire the whole damn coaching staff. And the damn blind fool needs to rebuild not transit, Peterson that is. Off with their heads, I declare.

Iowanian 11-28-2000 09:41 AM

This is driving me nuts!!!!

I keep reading about the terrible Bungles...but I just had a realization that about made me ill...The Bengals HAVE been to a superbowl in my lifetime...not the chiefs...and Kingcarl is actually "happy" with the status quo???

Somone needs to tell Carl and Lamar that the white spec on top of Chickenshit is Chicken$h!T too..

Archie F. Swin 11-28-2000 09:54 AM

"I think we have running backs here that can carry the load. A guy who has been consistently excellent all year is Tony Richardson"

Carl's response to the Star's question regarding not getting a high quality back during the off season.

Someone please wake me up from this nightmare