ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Draft Predictions for Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206506)

bigdreams1 04-24-2009 11:10 AM

Draft Predictions for Chiefs

Chiefs draft Tyson Jackson at #3 or where we trade down to.
LDE Jackson NT Tyler RDE Dorsey (Dockett roll)
LOLB Vravel ILB Johson ILB Thomas ROLB: Hali, Robertson, McBride or draft pick

Tank Tyler was thought to be a 1st round talent at NT when he weighed 323 pounds. I think he put's back on the pounds and can play NT. He played NT at NC State and excelled. He would have been a first rounder if he didn't have the character issues. Tyson Jackson is a big run stuffer and that is what we need. He doesn't need to get sacks. He will free up our LB's to get sacks. I also think that Dorsey is perfect for the RDE position. If you look at Darnell Dockett and how he was used I see this as how they will use Dorsey. I think when you add Jackson to the mix things start looking alot better very quick. I think he is worth a #3 if we cannot trade out of it. Anyone else we pick will be a reach because we already have a QB and LT. Just my 2 cents. Any thoughts?

kcbubb 04-24-2009 11:22 AM

I can see how the front seven would like that. I think Turk McBride or Boone can play Tyson Jackson's spot though. I would rather not pick Jackson there bc I think McBride can play there.

bigdreams1 04-24-2009 11:39 AM

I really don't see Mcbride being the run stuffer that Jackson is. Jackson is a beast.

kcbubb 04-24-2009 11:44 AM

McBride played DT in college some at TN and he played DT some his first year with the Chiefs. I think that is a good spot for him. Tyson Jackson is a good player and I think that would be a great fit. I just don't see him being worth a #3.

htismaqe 04-24-2009 11:50 AM

McBride SHOULD be a 3-4 DE although he's really more of a 4-3 3-technique. That being said, Tyson Jackson is just an all-around better prospect. The last guy out of LSU that was similar to Jackson was Marcus Spears and he's pretty good.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5701568)
McBride SHOULD be a 3-4 DE although he's really more of a 4-3 3-technique. That being said, Tyson Jackson is just an all-around better prospect. The last guy out of LSU that was similar to Jackson was Marcus Spears and he's pretty good.

Marcus Spears has been nothing other than a flat out bust. He's averaging less than 2 sacks and only 35 tackles a year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 11:55 AM

Seriously, think about this guys.

You want to give 30 million guaranteed to a guy whose best aspect is that he can stuff the run?

buddha 04-24-2009 11:56 AM

+1 on Spears comparison.

BTW, people assume that Hali can play without his hand on the ground...I will believe it when I see it. I also see no scenario where he can cover anybody if he needs to in passing situations.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 5701595)
+1 on Spears comparison.

BTW, people assume that Hali can play without his hand on the ground...I will believe it when I see it. I also see no scenario where he can cover anybody if he needs to in passing situations.

So if Tyson Jackson has 141 tackles and 5.5 sacks after his first four years in the league, you'll be happy with that production from the #3 overall pick?

Cheese Dick Sims had 5 sacks his first three years in the league, FFS.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 11:59 AM

It's closing time at the bar, and everyone is so ****ing desperate to find someone to go home with that they are latching on to the 200 pound chick with crotch herp and halitosis and convincing themselves they are going home with Kate Beckinsale.

doomy3 04-24-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5701611)
So if Tyson Jackson has 141 tackles and 5.5 sacks after his first four years in the league, you'll be happy with that production from the #3 overall pick?

Cheese Dick Sims had 5 sacks his first three years in the league, FFS.

Jackson had 16 sacks in college.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5701623)
Jackson had 16 sacks in college.

Playing next to Glenn Dorsey.

And no one is touting his ability to rush the passer in the NFL. A bullrush move against a left guard is going to get you jack and shit.

BigChiefFan 04-24-2009 12:10 PM

Jackson's a reach in the top 5.

chiefs1111 04-24-2009 12:13 PM

We need to trade out of the number 3 spot or we are going to be ****ed cause no one that will be there for us is worth that pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-24-2009 12:20 PM

Just take Sanchez.