ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

-King- 08-27-2012 12:24 AM

There's no way I'm getting this game at $60. Finally learned my lesson after Madden 11.

Kind of sad. Madden used to be the ONLY game I played. Now I can't play 5 minutes without getting tired of the game. I still play Madden against friends once in a while, but that's the only way the game is interesting.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8856103)
There's no way I'm getting this game at $60. Finally learned my lesson after Madden 11.

Kind of sad. Madden used to be the ONLY game I played. Now I can't play 5 minutes without getting tired of the game. I still play Madden against friends once in a while, but that's the only way the game is interesting.

I got it for $45.

That was the right price in my mind.

MMXcalibur 08-27-2012 01:07 AM

I play a lot of bend, but don't break defense coupled with a ball control offense through effective passing on 3rd downs to meet the sticks. I get some normal scorelines at the end. One thing I absolutely cannot figure out is running the ball. Either my offensive line sucks, or the user controlled D-man on the opposite end is a psychic...either way, I can't seem to get more than 1-2 yards a carry. At one point, I had 15 rushes for 16 yards, with a long of 14!

Aspengc8 08-27-2012 07:59 AM

Mustered up a nice 9-0 record online over season pass. Chiefs are tough online, man to man coverage is strong this year. Chiefs O playbook is really good too.

lcarus 08-27-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8856146)
I play a lot of bend, but don't break defense coupled with a ball control offense through effective passing on 3rd downs to meet the sticks. I get some normal scorelines at the end. One thing I absolutely cannot figure out is running the ball. Either my offensive line sucks, or the user controlled D-man on the opposite end is a psychic...either way, I can't seem to get more than 1-2 yards a carry. At one point, I had 15 rushes for 16 yards, with a long of 14!

Running against the computer or online? People seem to have trouble rushing online, but against the CPU, even on All Madden, it's a little too easy. I haven't played online in years but even then it was hard to run.

WhitiE 08-27-2012 09:10 AM

Got it coming from gamefly

Aspengc8 08-27-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8856365)
Running against the computer or online? People seem to have trouble rushing online, but against the CPU, even on All Madden, it's a little too easy. I haven't played online in years but even then it was hard to run.

Rushing online isn't hard, especially with the new play-action cancel mechanism. If they blitz on play action, press right trigger and he will flash fake and the RB will pick up the blitzer. A lot of ppl online user the FS and clean up the run, so get him to bite hard and go over the top.

I'm going to put together a list of plays in the chiefs book you guys should check out. Ace Pair Chief has become my bread and butter formation, and has a nice outside zone (stretch) and a dive where the TE does a wham block across the formation. Opens up big holes, and there is a fast play action off of it.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8856470)
Rushing online isn't hard, especially with the new play-action cancel mechanism. If they blitz on play action, press right trigger and he will flash fake and the RB will pick up the blitzer. A lot of ppl online user the FS and clean up the run, so get him to bite hard and go over the top.

I'm going to put together a list of plays in the chiefs book you guys should check out. Ace Pair Chief has become my bread and butter formation, and has a nice outside zone (stretch) and a dive where the TE does a wham block across the formation. Opens up big holes, and there is a fast play action off of it.

Yeah I like that play. Another one I use a lot is basic I-form, HB outside zone. Works well, easily flippable. If they seal the edge its over.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:12 PM

By the way, why can't EA use ESPN or CBS or something for the games presentation? Why does NCAAs present as an ESPN telecast but Madden is always presented as an "EA Sports" telecast? Couldn't they use ESPN or something?

Black Bob 08-27-2012 01:15 PM

Last year, I loved the FB Fake HB Toss out of the I formation. You run a it with the FB 2 or 3 times up the middle and later you run this play. Charles can get some long TDs on this one. It should work really well if you put Hillis in at FB.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8856932)
Last year, I loved the FB Fake HB Toss out of the I formation. You run a it with the FB 2 or 3 times up the middle and later you run this play. Charles can get some long TDs on this one. It should work really well if you put Hillis in at FB.

That one was a crapshoot. You either run it for 50 yards or lose 5. Fun to try every once in a while though.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:38 PM

Does anyone else not give a flying shit about "superstar mode" or whatever? I never have. I just want to play as my team and progress that team through several seasons.

QuikSsurfer 08-27-2012 01:44 PM

What are the Chiefs ratings? I can't find this information online.

lcarus 08-27-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8856984)
What are the Chiefs ratings? I can't find this information online.

The team overall rating is 79. As far as each player I don't know. Hali is a 95 overall and Cassel is an 80. Berry is an 88 I think.

CoMoChief 08-27-2012 02:59 PM

I'm a double TE motion offtackle running kinda guy.

Avg 6-7 yds a carry with it and dominate online w/ it.

Control the clock and don't let the other team score.

I play Herm Edwards football online LMAO.

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 04:42 PM

Will they make this for PS2?

QuikSsurfer 08-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8857499)
Will they make this for PS2?

No. Last year was the last Madden for PS2. Time to buy a new system.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8857200)
I'm a double TE motion offtackle running kinda guy.

Avg 6-7 yds a carry with it and dominate online w/ it.

Control the clock and don't let the other team score.

I play Herm Edwards football online LMAO.

RRPP to the core.

Messier 08-27-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8856970)
Does anyone else not give a flying shit about "superstar mode" or whatever? I never have. I just want to play as my team and progress that team through several seasons.

Use to love to make a team of all my friends in the franchise mode, but that was back when you could get fairly detailed on a players appearance when creating a player. They don't have many options anymore.

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8857607)
No. Last year was the last Madden for PS2. Time to buy a new system.

Or in my case, quit buying Madden lol. I don't play games nearly enough to buy a PS3.

lcarus 08-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8857687)
Or in my case, quit buying Madden lol. I don't play games nearly enough to buy a PS3.

You could pick up a ps3 for pretty cheap now i think. Its a great dvd/blu-ray player. Maybe you could play games a bit more if yougot one. Even if its just Madden and something else like a shooter or Red Dead.

lcarus 08-27-2012 07:22 PM

So I'm starting my "coaching career" aka franchise mode, and I don't know if I like it. First off, I played an exhibition against Oakland on all pro and beat them 45-3. So **** you Raiders! Anyway, I don't really want my career to be as ****in Romeo Crennel. I just want to be the owner of the Kansas City ****ing Chiefs ya know? I also am not sure about this using experience points to upgrade my players. You can upgrade everything from clutch ability to speed. Speed should be something you can't really touch unless it's a player edit thing for someone u feel got robbed by the ratings dept imo. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. So far though, I kinda like the old "owner mode" from the past better.

As far as the gameplay itself, I think it's an improvement over every Madden this gen. I guess that's more important than anything, though franchise mode is kind of sacred to me personally. I've never had an issue with the way it was before, aside from last years reeruned free agency timer shit. That was awful.

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8857710)
You could pick up a ps3 for pretty cheap now i think. Its a great dvd/blu-ray player. Maybe you could play games a bit more if yougot one. Even if its just Madden and something else like a shooter or Red Dead.

Eventually... when it drops to a reasonable (for me) price.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8857943)
So I'm starting my "coaching career" aka franchise mode, and I don't know if I like it. First off, I played an exhibition against Oakland on all pro and beat them 45-3. So **** you Raiders! Anyway, I don't really want my career to be as ****in Romeo Crennel. I just want to be the owner of the Kansas City ****ing Chiefs ya know? I also am not sure about this using experience points to upgrade my players. You can upgrade everything from clutch ability to speed. Speed should be something you can't really touch unless it's a player edit thing for someone u feel got robbed by the ratings dept imo. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. So far though, I kinda like the old "owner mode" from the past better.

As far as the gameplay itself, I think it's an improvement over every Madden this gen. I guess that's more important than anything, though franchise mode is kind of sacred to me personally. I've never had an issue with the way it was before, aside from last years reeruned free agency timer shit. That was awful.

Just about everything they added last year was awful.

Try trading your first round pick for a shitty teams first round pick. if they didn't fix that, they didn't fix anything.

lcarus 08-27-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8858201)
Just about everything they added last year was awful.

Try trading your first round pick for a shitty teams first round pick. if they didn't fix that, they didn't fix anything.

LMAO I did that. Traded every pick every year for Oaklands picks.

The dumbest part of the game so far this year is having to listen to Phil Simms tell me before every game that "Cassel has a strong arm and can make ALL the throws!". LMAO Really Phil?!

Aspengc8 08-28-2012 06:59 AM

I see EA still doesn't understand real physics. I'm getting outside with Hillis and 180lb DB's are standing him up. Blockers also wandering around 50% of the time on counter plays if there isn't someone directly in front of them to block. Go up field you dumb shit.

Dayze 08-28-2012 08:52 AM

so is the game a turd?
I haven't played Madden in a while; I think the last time I played it at any length was in like 2008 or thereabouts.

jd1020 08-28-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8858847)
so is the game a turd?
I haven't played Madden in a while; I think the last time I played it at any length was in like 2008 or thereabouts.

The demo is a turd. Supposedly the actual game is more polished. Up to you to decide if you are willing to spend $60+tax to find out.

jd1020 08-28-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8858478)
LMAO I did that. Traded every pick every year for Oaklands picks.

The dumbest part of the game so far this year is having to listen to Phil Simms tell me before every game that "Cassel has a strong arm and can make ALL the throws!". LMAO Really Phil?!

I hate listening to Simms' commentary. He's worse than Madden. He'll start saying something and then end with "... and that why ... uh ... uh .... the pass was incomplete." One time in the demo the other team was in hurry up mode. They lined up to spike the ball to stop the clock and Simms starts rambling about how the receiver ran a great route but it was a terrible pass...

Dayze 08-28-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8858891)
The demo is a turd. Supposedly the actual game is more polished. Up to you to decide if you are willing to spend $60+tax to find out.

:hmmm:

Shogun 08-28-2012 10:36 PM

Just won the Superbowl with the chiefs. Jake O connel was my MVP. ROFL

Fishpicker 08-29-2012 01:31 AM

I played my first game of madden in years. On All-Pro, I went 12/17 for 240, 1TD with Cassel. the five passes I missed were dropped balls on checkdowns. meanwhile I cant find one running play that will work.

blech

Pasta Little Brioni 08-29-2012 07:07 AM

All Pro has always been WAY too easy

QuikSsurfer 08-29-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8858891)

Super polished.

http://i.minus.com/ibm3rb2KDM0y8N.gif

Aspengc8 08-29-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8861159)
I played my first game of madden in years. On All-Pro, I went 12/17 for 240, 1TD with Cassel. the five passes I missed were dropped balls on checkdowns. meanwhile I cant find one running play that will work.

blech

Vs the CPU or human? CPU will pick the best run defense, almost every time.

If your using KC's playbook, try these (note: I only play online ranked):

Ace Pair Chief - HB Stretch
Ace pair Chief - HB Belly weak
Ace Pair Chief - PA Chiefs Post

Set HB Belly weak in your audibles. Come out in stretch. If there is a corner staying home & outside of the TE, audible to Belly. If the SAM backer is on the line with the TE, run stretch. For the playaction, hit the TE if there is no corner home (he gets wide open), if there is a corner home look for the Dig vs cover 3 & 4, skinny post vs cover 2.

Singleback ACE - HB counter (awesome play)
Singleback Doubles - KC Zone weak (run to numbers advantage)
Singleback jumbo - KC Zone strong & HB Plunge. On HB plunge take the outside TE and motion left. He will set up as a FB.

Those are most of my runs. If you like I-form runs, go Dual HB package because Hillis is a better blocker than their shitty FB.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-29-2012 07:36 AM

Waiting to hear how several years of franchise mode down the line turn out before getting.

Ceej 08-29-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8861014)
Just won the Superbowl with the chiefs. Jake O connel was my MVP. ROFL

GAMESHARK HACK CHEAT CODESSSSSs!!!!!1111

Lzen 08-29-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8861317)

ROFL

Dayze 08-29-2012 03:39 PM

how about the body proportions? meaning, do QBs and Kickers still look like linebackers?

royr17 08-29-2012 03:46 PM

Can any of you guys give me some good competive settings for all-pro where you can run the ball too.

I've been playing it on pro since I got it.

Fishpicker 08-29-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8861325)
Vs the CPU or human? CPU will pick the best run defense, almost every time.

If your using KC's playbook, try these (note: I only play online ranked):

Ace Pair Chief - HB Stretch
Ace pair Chief - HB Belly weak
Ace Pair Chief - PA Chiefs Post

Set HB Belly weak in your audibles. Come out in stretch. If there is a corner staying home & outside of the TE, audible to Belly. If the SAM backer is on the line with the TE, run stretch. For the playaction, hit the TE if there is no corner home (he gets wide open), if there is a corner home look for the Dig vs cover 3 & 4, skinny post vs cover 2.

Singleback ACE - HB counter (awesome play)
Singleback Doubles - KC Zone weak (run to numbers advantage)
Singleback jumbo - KC Zone strong & HB Plunge. On HB plunge take the outside TE and motion left. He will set up as a FB.

Those are most of my runs. If you like I-form runs, go Dual HB package because Hillis is a better blocker than their shitty FB.

yes I play vs CPU because I'm no longer familiar with the controls and whatnot. I would get trounced online.

thanks for posting these plays. I tried all of these and they work better. i still get tackled in the backfield a lot. But at least I can get some yardage sometimes.

in my last game I wound up with....

Charles: 16 attempts 93 yards. 89 yards was the longest
Hillis: 8 attempts 42 yards. 9 yard long

lcarus 08-29-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8862552)
Can any of you guys give me some good competive settings for all-pro where you can run the ball too.

I've been playing it on pro since I got it.

Running? Hell I've been getting at least 140 yds a game with Charles on 6 min quarters. Just run I-form, Chiefs Outside Zone a lot. Also the HB Sweep in the default singleback formation. The one with 3 TEs on the right side. Its a good one. You might have some runs where they get past the blockers and you'll lose a few yards, but don't let that discourage you and keep trying. Run some draws out of the shotgun sometimes.

A Salt Weapon 08-29-2012 06:37 PM

Just picked it up today. 1st game was a won 28-10 vs ATL on pro. Charles had 195y, 2 td runs of 55y and 62y. Cassel was 12-17 w 1 td and 2 int. Defense had 3 sacks and 4 picks.
2nd game was at BUF,won 24-16 on all-pro. Casshole was 8-13 for 113y 1td and 2int. Charles was 13 for 50y and 1td, hillis added 6 for 28y, and mccluster**** had 1 carry for 4y and a td. D had 4 sacks and a pick.

The game feels a lot better than previous years.
Posted via Mobile Device

royr17 08-29-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8862821)
Running? Hell I've been getting at least 140 yds a game with Charles on 6 min quarters. Just run I-form, Chiefs Outside Zone a lot. Also the HB Sweep in the default singleback formation. The one with 3 TEs on the right side. Its a good one. You might have some runs where they get past the blockers and you'll lose a few yards, but don't let that discourage you and keep trying. Run some draws out of the shotgun sometimes.

Well i hadnt played on all-pro yet so i figured it was hard to run the ball, i know it was for me last year

royr17 08-29-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8862835)
Just picked it up today. 1st game was a won 28-10 vs ATL on pro. Charles had 195y, 2 td runs of 55y and 62y. Cassel was 12-17 w 1 td and 2 int. Defense had 3 sacks and 4 picks.
2nd game was at BUF,won 24-16 on all-pro. Casshole was 8-13 for 113y 1td and 2int. Charles was 13 for 50y and 1td, hillis added 6 for 28y, and mccluster**** had 1 carry for 4y and a td. D had 4 sacks and a pick.

The game feels a lot better than previous years.
Posted via Mobile Device

I played on pro yesterday against atlanta, 15 minute quarters and I won 97-10 lol

Cassel had 250 yards passing, Quinn 245, and Stanzi had 220. Picked off Ryan 8 times too, Flowers had 4 picks.

The Franchise 08-29-2012 07:50 PM

Who the **** plays on Pro?

royr17 08-29-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8863091)
Who the **** plays on Pro?

I did yesterday but played on all-pro today and beat the Saints 65-18

A Salt Weapon 08-29-2012 09:19 PM

I'll play my first game or two on pro, a bit of a refresher after taking the last six months off. A little slower gameplay to get back into it.
All-pro is what I usually play on. Rushing is definitely balanced better, getting over 140y a game (all-pro, 6min qtr, acc clock on). Charles has at least one monster TD run per game.
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020 08-29-2012 09:21 PM

Played the demo on Pro just to check the game out and nearly broke Petersons single game rush yard record with Gore in a 20 min game. I ended up with somewhere around 250 yards rushing, on like 15 attempts, and ran out of field/time. Switched to All-Pro and get like 3-4 yards a carry.

DBOSHO 08-29-2012 09:55 PM

I hate running on this game. You touch someone and fall down.

jd1020 08-29-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8863548)

I hate how stupid the blockers are. One time I was running and had defenders behind me and blockers in front of me. One of my blockers decided that the guys behind me were a threat and ran right in front of me to cut back and block them. I ran right into his ass end and fell over. Then other times they just flat out ignore the 1 defender in your way and he tackles you for a 5 yard loss.

So much about the game is frustrating.

lcarus 08-29-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8863548)

Im breakin tackles left and right. Running is just too easy imo. Especially with Charles and the Chiefs oline

royr17 08-29-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8863602)
Im breakin tackles left and right. Running is just too easy imo. Especially with Charles and the Chiefs oline

I have to agree, my first running play on all-pro was a toss to the right with Charles and he broke it for a 48 yard gain. Just finished a game against the Bengals on 8 minute quarters and won 41-13

TLO 08-30-2012 06:36 AM

Just played the demo through a couple times. This is the first Madden I have actually played more than 1 time since Madden 07. It's not my favorite game ever... but it's decent. I think I might pick up a used copy of Madden 12 and play that for awhile.

Aspengc8 08-30-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8862624)
yes I play vs CPU because I'm no longer familiar with the controls and whatnot. I would get trounced online.

thanks for posting these plays. I tried all of these and they work better. i still get tackled in the backfield a lot. But at least I can get some yardage sometimes.

in my last game I wound up with....

Charles: 16 attempts 93 yards. 89 yards was the longest
Hillis: 8 attempts 42 yards. 9 yard long

If your on Xbox and want to run some unranked games for practice let me know. Torched a guy online this morning. He was using Pitt and insisted on staying in 3-4. He slowed the run down a bit after I went up 17-3, so I started spreading him out.

Gun Empty Y-Flex: Y-Shake is pretty much money vs any defense. Use the X Iso package (might be Y iso, I forget), but it puts Bowe as the flex inside reciever running the shake route.

Shake route is money vs man every time. If they man blitz, pass lead up on the corner route. If they zone blitz or cover 3/4, check B receiver on the quick in. Vs cover 2 zone or cover 2 sink, look to the left side. After the fade gets upfield about 10yds, just bullet pass no lead.

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...tyyflex_03.jpg[/IMG]

Gonzo 08-30-2012 06:57 AM

I've been playing madden since I had a ps1 and I have to say, this years is definitely the best I've played thus far.
Of course, it has some glitches. People randomly falling down, RB's falling instantly when they run into a blocker, the o-line being reeruned.
However, the feel of the passing game is much improved. No more "magical linebackers" jumping up and getting that int when They're backs are turned.
I'm fairly happy with it so far. I like the careers option, slowly progressing the entire team and bringing the coach along.
All in all, I give the game a solid B.
It would be an 'A' if thy hadn't used Phil ****ing Sims.
Oh, and the glitches are a little irritating.

Lzen 08-30-2012 07:49 AM

Just to remind everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8794780)
BTW, for anyone wanting to get into an online franchise (Madden, NCAA, NBA 2K, PES), check out this site.

http://www.premiergamingleagues.com/forum/index.php

I've been there for about 4 years now. They're a great group of guys that play straight up. And the leagues are active.

DBOSHO 08-30-2012 09:59 AM

I do love how you can throw a reciever open.

I had baldwin running a post to the right sideline with a defender manning up on him and no safety.

I hit the button and held up and it lead the pass towards the endzone for an easy score.

SuperChief 08-30-2012 10:38 AM

No fantasy draft option is pretty ****ing stupid, IMO>

TrickyNicky 08-30-2012 10:40 AM

Finally figured out that you have to turn on Quick Links in settings if you want to do Hot Routes without a Kinect. Derp.

CoMoChief 08-30-2012 11:42 AM

I'll prob puss out and end up buying this game.

I swear to God though, if it's anything like last year's game......I'm gonna snap.

A Salt Weapon 08-30-2012 08:54 PM

I'm trying to make this game as realistic as possible, but no matter what I do I can't make the refs throw non stop bs flags against the chiefs on every play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry 08-30-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8864683)
I'll prob puss out and end up buying this game.

I swear to God though, if it's anything like last year's game......I'm gonna snap.

Be prepared to be disappointed. Same exact game.

Unsmooth-Moment 08-30-2012 09:38 PM

Operationsports has some pretty good sliders for a more realistic game play.

royr17 08-30-2012 09:55 PM

I hate it that they took out the franchise mode and replaced it with connected careers. Always something.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8867231)
I hate it that they took out the franchise mode and replaced it with connected careers. Always something.

What? No franchise/Season mode??

royr17 08-30-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8867240)
What? No franchise/Season mode??

Nope only connected career modes. You can be either a player or a coach. If you choose to be a player its like superstar mode but if u choose a coach i guess its just like the franchise mode, but you cant load a edited roster into either mode or edit your players. It's a big no no that they took away from it, if they was going to go a different route on modes they could have at least left in bein able to load a edited roster and able to edit the players like change equipment and numbers. I like this years game but this is one part of it that i hate.

lcarus 08-30-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8867250)
Nope only connected career modes. You can be either a player or a coach. If you choose to be a player its like superstar mode but if u choose a coach i guess its just like the franchise mode, but you cant load a edited roster into either mode or edit your players. It's a big no no that they took away from it, if they was going to go a different route on modes they could have at least left in bein able to load a edited roster and able to edit the players like change equipment and numbers. I like this years game but this is one part of it that i hate.

Yeah I like to change a players position sometimes an I don't think you can do it this year. Not 100% sure on that bu so far I haven't been able to.

royr17 08-30-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867294)
Yeah I like to change a players position sometimes an I don't think you can do it this year. Not 100% sure on that bu so far I haven't been able to.

You can to setup your own roster to just play a game but you cant do on the connected career modes. I hope they add to the connected career mode next year, add in the features that they took away from the game this year as i mentioned in the previous post bout using edited rosters and changed equipment and positions.

-King- 08-30-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8864326)
I do love how you can throw a reciever open.

I had baldwin running a post to the right sideline with a defender manning up on him and no safety.

I hit the button and held up and it lead the pass towards the endzone for an easy score.

I don't get it. I've seen this mentioned a lot of times on a few boards. Haven't we ALWAYS been able to do that?

A Salt Weapon 08-30-2012 11:49 PM

Yep same old shit game. Just stepped it up to all-madden. Instead of having the comp play better they just get more fluke shit in their favor. Down by three facing 4th and 27, do they kick a 45y field goal to tie? Nope screen pass with 3-5 broken tackles for the first. Next play wide open rec, 10y td.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aspengc8 08-31-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8867349)
I don't get it. I've seen this mentioned a lot of times on a few boards. Haven't we ALWAYS been able to do that?

No. In previous maddens, the left stick was "precision passing". So with his example, holding up on the left stick would attempt to throw a "high" pass, ie trying to make them go up and get it.

Now if you hold up, it throws them down field. Example: Right slot receiver is running a 15 yard deep corner. After he breaks toward the corner, if you hold up & throw, you lead him down field and he will actually round his route off and break down field.

QuikSsurfer 08-31-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8867349)

Not since the NFL2k series

-King- 08-31-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8867597)
No. In previous maddens, the left stick was "precision passing". So with his example, holding up on the left stick would attempt to throw a "high" pass, ie trying to make them go up and get it.

Now if you hold up, it throws them down field. Example: Right slot receiver is running a 15 yard deep corner. After he breaks toward the corner, if you hold up & throw, you lead him down field and he will actually round his route off and break down field.

Hmmm. Sounds kind of cool. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump 08-31-2012 10:14 AM

could you imagine what 2K sports could have done with football games after all of this time if they were allowed to compete in this market and not just be forced to go out of business so one company can become a monopoly, which is supposed to be illegal in this country? what good are rights if people can't stand up for them.

TLO 08-31-2012 12:05 PM

I've been playing the demo still and I find it hilarious that the players act like they are on ice all the time. People fall over randomly and go flying at the slightest touch. Borrowing a copy of Madden 12 today from my friend to try out before I decide whether or not to shell out the money for 13.

Dayze 08-31-2012 12:50 PM

I played a lot of the demo last night.
I can’t make up my mind on it.

I still don’t like how you can’t advance a KO past the 20 nine times out of ten.

I don’t like Simms as a commentator

Blocking is still ridiculous at times. Either my line won’t pick up a guy from their 4 man non-blitzing front; or, on a sweep etc, he’ll/or the FB will run right past a defender that could’ve been a great block.

I do like the ‘throw open’ pass. Though….not sure how much it influences things. Still good though.

Aspengc8 08-31-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8868378)
I played a lot of the demo last night.
I can’t make up my mind on it.

I still don’t like how you can’t advance a KO past the 20 nine times out of ten.

I don’t like Simms as a commentator

Blocking is still ridiculous at times. Either my line won’t pick up a guy from their 4 man non-blitzing front; or, on a sweep etc, he’ll/or the FB will run right past a defender that could’ve been a great block.

I do like the ‘throw open’ pass. Though….not sure how much it influences things. Still good though.

Are you playing mainly vs CPU or online? CPU will always have their issues, and will always give you a hard time running.

I only play online and have had nothing but a blast roasting kids with charles/hillis. Only time I play the CPU is in practice mode.

Dayze 08-31-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8868392)
Are you playing mainly vs CPU or online? CPU will always have their issues, and will always give you a hard time running.

I only play online and have had nothing but a blast roasting kids with charles/hillis. Only time I play the CPU is in practice mode.

CPU.
I tried online for a while, but got smoked more often than not. lol

Lzen 08-31-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 8867015)
Be prepared to be disappointed. Same exact game.

Completely untrue. I just picked it up today. Admittedly I have only played one game, but I can see several improvements. I beat Atlanta 31-28 on All Madden.