ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star demands the Chiefs stop the chop (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326387)

Gravedigger 11-01-2019 02:55 PM

I personally think of it as an homage more than anything. We stand for something, stand for each other in the stadium, stand for the team, stand for a rallying cry or pure intimidation, we stand together to enjoy something in unison and let both teams know that we're there. There's no political or religious boundaries. There's no war, poverty, racism, misogyny, or world hunger for those moments, just us. We can worry about life later, at that moment, all the worries go away and when the adrenaline kicks in, it's an amazing experience. I voted Democrat in almost every election that I voted in, and you're not stopping me from doing the chop. Even if the team stopped playing the music, the fans would still carry on the tradition.

Bowser 11-01-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 14567250)
What about the Vikings, that shit is racist too.

It's impossible be racist against white people these days. Learn the rules.

srvy 11-01-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14567029)
I wish KC had their own thing (instead of some retread from Atlanta, FSU), but other than that, it’s fine. With our luck Chief Fan would simply replace it with 7 nation army...

The chop is more of an indictment of Chief Fan’s lack of originality than anything else.

This is kinda my feeling its a ripoff of FSU.

Native Americans have no claim of exclusive right to Chop. The tomahawk is derived from Algonquian word tomahawken meaning used for cutting. Every culture has a tool for cutting. I believe the Chiefs call this The Chop so **** off Indian Nations. I personally dont partake in the chop for reasons I stated at beginning just like I refuse to do the wave also its stupid. If you want to do it knock yourselves out I won't work to stop it. Grow thicker skin.

srvy 11-01-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 14567214)
Would this be considered offensive

No its just a name. Would be silly for a sports team comprised of 90% black men though.

JakeF 11-01-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14567261)
It's impossible be racist against white people these days. Learn the rules.

Some guy on tv said the name "Cracker" wasn't racist either because it wasn't about race is was about the crack sound of the whip of slavers. Cracker means slave owners. Some stupid shit like that.

People will make it whatever they need to make it.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-01-2019 03:08 PM

The Chop unifies the crowd. Its unique and fun. Daunting to opposing fans. I really like it.

Now bring back Rock N Roll part II

13and3 11-01-2019 03:09 PM

That damn drum is racist too

srvy 11-01-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14567287)
Some guy on tv said the name "Cracker" wasn't racist either because it wasn't about race is was about the crack sound of the whip of slavers. Cracker means slave owners. Some stupid shit like that.

People will make it whatever they need to make it.

Well I learned something today. I just believe its was like a saltine kinda white.

What if the person cracking the whip was black? I pretty sure every race at onetime has cracked a whip on another.

13and3 11-01-2019 03:16 PM

Its arrowhead stadium for **** sake. What do these mother fathers expect

srvy 11-01-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 14567309)
Its arrowhead stadium for **** sake. What do these mother fathers expect

And again arrowheads aren't exclusive to American Indians.

HemiEd 11-01-2019 03:20 PM

“The chop itself is the most disgusting thing you can do in sports,” said Amanda Blackhorse of Arizona to Rally Against Native Mascots, a national group opposed to the use of Native American images in sports.

Oh looky here, more victims.

Kiimo 11-01-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14567151)
F the Star. F SJW’s. F hyper sensitive libs who assume any mention of race or different cultures are derogatory in nature.

F the hyper sensitive republicans too stupid to know the difference between a liberal and a SJW, just chiming in here because per usual people are roping every left leaning person in with anything they find overly sensitive.

Buehler445 11-01-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14566603)
Oh, really?

I can think of a whole host of things more disgusting, starting with Brooke Pryor.

Yeah. I’d say trying to ruin a guys career on an extortion attempt is far more disgusting

Frazod 11-01-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14567318)
F the hyper sensitive republicans too stupid to know the difference between a liberal and a SJW, just chiming in here because per usual people are roping every left leaning person in with anything they find overly sensitive.

How much longer are you going to keep using that culturally misappropriated Native American weapon as your avatar, bitch boy?

Deberg_1990 11-01-2019 04:48 PM

I’m not against the Chop. But it is curious that the Chiefs have been slowly toning down the Native American imagery for awhile now......and then they install the drum deck thing....