ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games This might be the greatest zombie game ever made (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272959)

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:03 PM

Has anyone been able to put together their own private army or anything? Would be badass.

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676214)
Amazing. So are you are just as likely to run from a pack of zombies as you are a group of players.

So really the dicks looking to shoot first and ask questions later is what introduces the inevitability of death...

Yes pretty much. In fact in the mod version, Zeds are pretty much a non factor, except in a firefight. Hopefully, in standalone they will become more of a threat.

I have managed to stay alive for a period of 15 or so days once, playing every day , with plenty of close calls. Ended up dying to a hacker, but during that time I killed 20 or more players, stole several helicopters, vehicles, was shot, hit with an axe, killed a couple hundred zombies etc etc.

Its hard to explain if you havent played it.

If it has not been mentioned, DayZ is 'hardcore' meaning you start with nothing (or something, depending on the server setup) and work your way up. When you die, your dead, and there you are, back on the shore, with nothing~

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:15 PM

How do you die if you can go anywhere in a helicopter?

Run out of fuel and then someone is waiting for you to land and get your ass ganked?

I imagine that makes you a target.

Shit this sounds amazing. I want to be unemployed again so I can play this 16 hours a day.

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676245)
How do you die if you can go anywhere in a helicopter?

Run out of fuel and then someone is waiting for you to land and get your ass ganked?

I imagine that makes you a target.

Shit this sounds amazing. I want to be unemployed again so I can play this 16 hours a day.

Well yea sort of. First of all, the game is FULL simulation, so that means sound, vehicle and personal damage, FUEL, etc etc. And yes, in many cases all a helicopter is is a bullet magnet :P. It really does not take a whole lot to shoot down a chopper.

Also, ammos, weapons, and mostly VEHICLES are extremely rare, so it takes time, cunning, knoweldge to build yourself up to take down or defend your chopper, should you be able to find one, bring supplies to it to repair, and then survive take off/fuel up/ etc etc

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:22 PM

Do groups keep a chopper hidden somewhere in case they need to make a quick getaway or something? Seems like that might be it's best use.

You can't outfly bullets? Just go high?

How long did you last the first time you played?

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676262)
Do groups keep a chopper hidden somewhere in case they need to make a quick getaway or something? Seems like that might be it's best use.

You can't outfly bullets? Just go high?

How long did you last the first time you played?

You can outfly bullet to a certain extent, its an extremely detailed game in that regard. And yes absolutely groups will stockpile vehicles in some secluded part of the map, but the maps are persistent, so generally they will eventually get pilfered without a guard or two.

First time I played I had the benefit of watching absured amounts of youtube videos about the game, and I lasted maybe 15 or 20 minutes, think I died to zombies.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:34 PM

It would be cool if you could build your own city and set up automated defenses.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:36 PM

This sounds like something you play just to see how long you can survive, and nothing else.

And make no mistake, I'd try to kill every last mother****er I saw.

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676300)
It would be cool if you could build your own city and set up automated defenses.

Actually...

There are modded versions of the mod, and in some you can set up safehouses that are linked to your account so you can store items etc, automatic defense as far as fences trip wires etc etc.

I prefer the vanilla mod, and a server that starts you out with some basic gear (map, backpack, etc)

yup

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676304)
This sounds like something you play just to see how long you can survive, and nothing else.

And make no mistake, I'd try to kill every last mother****er I saw.

Yes,

and yes many people do the same. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but literally any inkling you are ****ing around and I dont hesitate to lay it on~

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9676308)
Yes,

and yes many people do the same. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but literally any inkling you are ****ing around and I dont hesitate to lay it on~

Example?

Tell me a story Grandpa Z.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:41 PM

Does it get boring or is there enough places to explore/loot?

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:44 PM

Want to see some great storytelling using DayZ?

Check out frankieonpcin1080p on youtube. This is his latest, but the earliest episodes are some of the best, as it shows more of the basic aspects of DayZ. Within the first minutes you see part of what DayZ is all about. player interaction.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tbWl_TyXj2g?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 05-11-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9676317)
Does it get boring or is there enough places to explore/loot?

The world is quite large, and you start at the southern portion of it when you respawn/die. The map is literal exact satellite translation of part of Russia, and is 139.8 square miles of 100 percent explorable terrain.

There are definitely parts of the map that you get to know, and where people tend to gravitate so you see more often than others. Places like cities, airfields, military bunkers, fuel stations etc

As for stories, I have some. But, if you want to get a feel for DayZ. Youtube it. There is an incredible amount of great DayZ vids and that is how I got hooked in the first place.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 08:49 PM

**** it. Downloading Arma 2.