ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Does anybody watch "Burn Notice?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=166003)

kcxiv 06-18-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5848089)
Gotcha, im excited to start season 1 this weekend. Almost bought season 2 on bluray the other night but i thought id wait till i finished season 1

Its so good that you dont have to wait. Just buy season 2 as well. lol

The only character that gets on my nerve's is Mike's mom. She's annoying as hell, but everyone else on there rocks.

kcxiv 06-18-2009 09:33 PM

really really good episode tonight. I enjoyed it alot.

Buehler445 06-19-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5848859)
really really good episode tonight. I enjoyed it alot.

I liked it. I'm surprised how they keep coming up with new ideas. There's only so much he can do.

I also like how they work into the series how some shit he tries doesn't work. Makes it much MUCH more interesting (I almost used believable, but ... no).

beach tribe 06-19-2009 12:23 PM

This is the only fictional show I watch. Love it.

beach tribe 06-19-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 5469866)
This show is nothing but an opportunity to cast a bunch of models as "extras" walking around Miami. If I wasn't so shallow, I'd stop watching it for that very reason. So here's to no depth!

I've been watching since its inception. Witty, entertaining, eye candy, absolutely love it.

-HH

My ex-gf is an extra in 3 episodes of season 2.

She is not a model.

kcxiv 06-19-2009 12:34 PM

u'd be amazed at how creative writers can be. I am sure they have tons and tons of idea's on how to take the show. Plus with them only doing 16 episodes instead of network tv's 22. They dont have to make fluffy episodes they can all be pretty good.

The new show Royal Pains is pretty good too. Starting to get into it as well. Yesterday was the first time in a while i actually caught the tv broadcast of both shows.

Reaper16 06-19-2009 01:21 PM

Royal Pains is actually enjoyable for a fluffy summer show. Its completely superfluous but its well-made and the Hamptons scenery is fresh and new for a tv show.

Buehler445 06-19-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5849775)
Royal Pains is actually enjoyable for a fluffy summer show. Its completely superfluous but its well-made and the Hamptons scenery is fresh and new for a tv show.

I agree. I like it. I've been trying to catch both series' so far this summer. This is the first time in a LONG time I've made a concerted effort to find time to watch a TV program that isn't a sporting event.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 06-26-2009 02:08 AM

Really enjoying Burn Notice again this year. The shows are just good and fun to watch.

Royal Pains is pretty damned solid as well the last few weeks. Really looking forward to Thursdays now to catch both of these shows. Nice way to waste 2 hours on Thursday night.

Buehler445 06-26-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5864864)
Really enjoying Burn Notice again this year. The shows are just good and fun to watch.

Royal Pains is pretty damned solid as well the last few weeks. Really looking forward to Thursdays now to catch both of these shows. Nice way to waste 2 hours on Thursday night.

I agree. This is the only show I've been into in several years. Every episode is amazing. Total curveball with Sam's situation this time. :D

Smed1065 06-26-2009 06:08 AM

Real people?

HolyHandgernade 06-29-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5849658)
My ex-gf is an extra in 3 episodes of season 2.

She is not a model.

OK, just so everybody knows, since this is the second post I've seen like this, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC! I love the show. I watch it religiously and have been since its inception. I love the fact that they have a bunch of beautiful extras running around in the background shots. "Models" was just a fun poke at such an observation. I'm quite aware there are beautiful people who are not models. OK?

Or, are you guys saying you haven't noticed the fact that every "public" scene has people with perfect bodies? At the cafe, at the beach, at the night clubs, at the private pool parties? Really, you haven't noticed? Its one of the perks of watching a show like this. I bet you would be hard pressed to count more than five extras in non-speaking roles who aren't the bad guys that aren't ripped, flat-bellied, barely clothed background eye-candy.

Once again, just for clarification:

1. Love the show
2. Lots of background people in public shots are beautiful
3. Not all beautiful people are models....some are just bad actors

-HH

kcxiv 07-09-2009 05:26 PM

Back on today along with Royal Pains. Love both shows. Cant wait.

Buehler445 07-09-2009 08:53 PM

OK,

I missed something.

Spoiler!

kcxiv 07-09-2009 10:03 PM

haha, dude was just a little "off"