ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

BigBeauford 06-18-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10700207)
Do you not know what polish means?

Hah, I was just messin' around! I knew what you meant, I was just echoing what a lot of people complain about in Dayz( the jankiness). I love the game.

kcxiv 06-18-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10699876)
I don't get the hype behind H1Z1 right now. Especially saying it looks more fun. The game is completely bare bones and we haven't seen anything yet that proves it will be better.

DayZ is also incomplete, but at least it has a year of polish on it already.

DayZ is fun. But h1z1 will have all that DayZ has but much much more when it goes into early access. They are already so far ahead of DayZ just by what u can see in their videos. I can't see anything h1z1 doesn't have that's in DayZ.

That's what it comes down to really. If the game is doing what the other game does but better and it runs smoother why wouldn't I try it and\ or be excited by it?

Buck 06-18-2014 02:28 PM

I guess we're seeing different things. The only thing that H1Z1 has over DayZ is building, but I guarantee you it's going to be a cluster****. It either won't be persistent or it will kill your CPU. Or both.

kcxiv 06-18-2014 02:36 PM

More Zombies hording zombie? check by a metric ****ton. Its not even ****ing close.
Crafting recipes? check,
Building your own fort/housing? check.
Barricading? Check
Vehicles? check
Your corpse reanimating to a zombie if not looted in time? Check
More then 40 people on a server? Check by a long shot, if anyone has played Planetside 2 knows that the server can handle A SHITLOAD.
Items that respawn without having to wait for a server restart? check
Chopping down Trees? Check
Map that continues to grow and grow as time goes on? Check

Im sure there is more, but thats just from the top of my head right now. I have no ties to any game and i will play the game that i find more fun and for 20 dollars for early access when it does drop? its a no brainer for me.

hometeam 06-18-2014 03:07 PM

All these things will be in DayZ. Also the main difference is that DayZ is a simulation game, where h1z1 is built with the same engine planetside 2 has, which, of course they are going to tweak it, but it is arcade/FPS over simulation.

I will be trying h1z1 on early access as well. If it can pull the dayZ heart pounding encounters THEN it might be a better comparison.

kcxiv 06-18-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10701077)
All these things will be in DayZ. Also the main difference is that DayZ is a simulation game, where h1z1 is built with the same engine planetside 2 has, which, of course they are going to tweak it, but it is arcade/FPS over simulation.

I will be trying h1z1 on early access as well. If it can pull the dayZ heart pounding encounters THEN it might be a better comparison.

They may be in DayZ, but if and when it appears in DayZ, it would have been in H1Z1 at the launch of Alpha. Rocket leaving the DayZ team is kinda a bummer too and there are alot of "panic'ed" people. We will see. I would love to have 2 awesome games, but lets be honest here the only updating they have done to live servers for whatever reasons in a long while is put in a cross bow thats broken and you cant find any bolts too. lol At least i havent found any yet.

Anyways, its just a wait and see. When it drops if its good ill play if its not, hey, its only 20 bucks! lol

notorious 06-18-2014 04:10 PM

Make it like New-Cap City.

If you die, you are banned from the game for life.

Buck 06-18-2014 04:20 PM

DayZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10701029)
More Zombies hording zombie? check by a metric ****ton. Its not even ****ing close.
Crafting recipes? check,
Building your own fort/housing? check.
Barricading? Check
Vehicles? check
Your corpse reanimating to a zombie if not looted in time? Check
More then 40 people on a server? Check by a long shot, if anyone has played Planetside 2 knows that the server can handle A SHITLOAD.
Items that respawn without having to wait for a server restart? check
Chopping down Trees? Check
Map that continues to grow and grow as time goes on? Check

Im sure there is more, but thats just from the top of my head right now. I have no ties to any game and i will play the game that i find more fun and for 20 dollars for early access when it does drop? its a no brainer for me.

Is all that shit going to be available day 1?

DayZ should have all of that too eventually. It already has crafting.

kcxiv 06-18-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10701193)
Is all that shit going to be available day 1?

DayZ should have all of that too eventually. It already has crafting.

All i talked about will be in H1Z1 the day it goes to early access. Its in right now on their pre alpha build.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q82wir8swAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video shows alot!

New World Order 06-18-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10701077)

Rocket said they didn't know if they could fit more zombies into the game.

I highly doubt we will see hordes in Dayz. Vehicles and the rest are going to take absolutely forever.

kcxiv 06-19-2014 01:46 PM

Apparently Sony uploaded H1Z1 to Steam they are getting it ready to go live. Still won't give a ****ing date, but its up on steam internally now.

Otter 06-19-2014 01:54 PM

If anyone wants to trade Bioshock Infinate for DayZ on Steam with me let me know. This game just isn't my bag of chips.

hometeam 06-19-2014 05:38 PM

dayz on daily deal is 25 bucks. bet it goes on flash sale before the sale is over

hometeam 06-19-2014 06:32 PM

.46 ready to roll out to experimental tommorrow. More anti-cheat, and a cryptic 'BOOM" from hicks.

Guess that means grenades or explosives since the throwing physics are in

hometeam 06-23-2014 09:42 AM

.46 patch in experimental has brought a lot of things.

mp5, mp5k, and pm63RAK submiachine guns, gernades, total rework of NEAF to be civilian AF, no more military loot. New town, reworking of the new large town north of NEA, light physics, etc