ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

Buck 07-01-2014 08:19 AM

Yeah Coco you are on the hype train man. Seems like you think that shit is gonna be great right out if the gate. It will take time.

hometeam 07-01-2014 09:47 AM

Planetside 2 takes a monster rig to run smooth. h1z1 will likely be the same, The animations where ****ing whack even the fanboy chat was hammering the **** out of them.

I said it before, ill give it a try, but its not the same game DayZ is. Its closer to WarZ.

kcxiv 07-01-2014 11:08 AM

I don't have a monster rig and ps2 runs silky smooth for me even during gthe bigbattles. I play planet side 2 almost daily. What I'm hyped about is that they have a lot of freedom to do a lot in H1Z1. To be on par with DayZ isn't gonna be that hard,

I also think I'd be stupid to think its gonna be perfect upon alpha release as well. Dynamic weather hordes of zombies. I'm In. And only for 20 bucks.

New Screenshots of the snow....

http://i.imgur.com/Iqzxkll.png

Damn, they said they may not give us a map of the world and let the community make it or put pieces of it around the game and you put it together. lol

Farming is in. Making Moonshine is in! i missed alot of the stream today though, i had to do family time

kcxiv 07-02-2014 02:02 AM

<iframe src="http://www.gamespot.com/videos/embed/6420003/" width="640" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

good video! they took out the torch for a flashlight. He said everyone would just set everyone on fire! lol.

Otter 07-02-2014 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10725571)
I said it before, ill give it a try, but its not the same game DayZ is. Its closer to WarZ.

Dude, the DayZ standalone is shit. Run around a huge map looking for beans and call it sandbox play. In the mod there were bases you could build or try to take over, explosives, vehicles, helicopters and so on and so forth. This is spawn, basiclly run around Montana on foot and get killed by another player because there's nothing else to do.

And yeah, I've heard the story before. I get it's in alpha stage. It's never going to leave alpha stage from the looks of it. **** 'em.

pr_capone 07-03-2014 07:10 PM

I won't be playing DayZ again until they introduce vehicles. The group shenanigans are fun and I've jumped out of my skin several times when someone unexpectedly shows up. I just can't deal with the travel. It is beyond tedious.

kcxiv 07-03-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 10730026)
I won't be playing DayZ again until they introduce vehicles. The group shenanigans are fun and I've jumped out of my skin several times when someone unexpectedly shows up. I just can't deal with the travel. It is beyond tedious.

When i first started, i was ok with the walking. I was curious to see what the game was like. Then after a while, its like ****, i gotta walk all the way over to there to get regeared. I could see if i had some kind of objectives, but its basically just to get a weapon and it was forever, there is nothing really to explore. Everyone knows where everything is, its like you head there and it might be there.

I cant build nothing, crafting is very very minimal. its just pretty much a PVP game. Zombies once in a while are a threat, and thats very rare really. MIght as well make them a wild ass dog.

It needs alot of work. It could be a great game if done right and in a reasonable timespan.

hometeam 07-03-2014 09:52 PM

I agree.. i wont say I wont play but the vehicles have to come.

.47 went in tonight with a TON of improvements.. They are rapid firing in experimental right now and we are close I think for at least bicycles.

bicycles are gonna be deathtraps. A man would betray his own mother for a sweet sweet bicycle

hometeam 07-03-2014 09:52 PM

Side note - I got my gigabit internet, so I can now stream and save/highlight any shenanigans we may encounter

hometeam 07-03-2014 10:19 PM

im streaming right now.

www.twitch.tv/gw2falx

hometeam 07-04-2014 12:53 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Njaysrs2fx0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dFgkbXul3K4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 07-04-2014 01:12 PM

I watched a few minutes of your stream last night, but the advertisements drove me off.

hometeam 07-04-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10730633)
I watched a few minutes of your stream last night, but the advertisements drove me off.

because im not a partner I have no control over that.. twitch plays 1 30 second ad every 30 minutes or so, and on join and sign off I believe. If you are on chrome, adblock will make it so you see none.

notorious 07-04-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10730645)
because im not a partner I have no control over that.. twitch plays 1 30 second ad every 30 minutes or so, and on join and sign off I believe. If you are on chrome, adblock will make it so you see none.

No prob, I will give it another go in the future.

On a side note I have been playing STALKER, and it reminds me of Arma and Dayz a lot. I can see where they got the premise.

kcxiv 07-09-2014 07:41 PM

Today on the twitch stream they let some streamer play the game for a while. Finally got to see a little bit of the towns and what not. Also, got to see the stream get attacked by a horde of zombies. THey said in the build the zombies animations were not all done yet, so they didnt really attack with their hands yet. Was fun to see more then 3 zombies chasing someone. lol