ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Defensive Tackles other than Gabe Watson and Haloti Ngata (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136148)

Hammock Parties 02-22-2006 05:18 PM

Defensive Tackles other than Gabe Watson and Haloti Ngata

I've been doing some reading on guys like Broderick Bunkley and Kyle Williams. It seems to me both of them could be available at the 20th spot.

Neither have the motivation issues of Watson, who I believe will be gone by the 20th pick anyway. What do you think of KC grabbing one of them?

Mecca 02-22-2006 05:52 PM

If this team picks Kyle Williams who's not even a 1st round talent probably not a 2nd either, just turn your TV off. It's another horrid pick, it's Siavii part 2.

Hammock Parties 02-22-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
If this team picks Kyle Williams who's not even a 1st round talent probably not a 2nd either, just turn your TV off. It's another horrid pick, it's Siavii part 2.

You're nuts. He's not even close to being as raw as Siavii.

Mecca 02-22-2006 05:56 PM

He's also not anywhere near being a first round pick......

BigChiefFan 02-22-2006 06:03 PM

Both seem like a REACH with the 20th overall pick, but that's just my opinion. Bunkley should go in the lower half of the first round to the mid second round.

Williams looks like a THIRD rounder to me.

HolmeZz 02-22-2006 08:48 PM

I like Bunkley quite a bit. Williams is a 3rd rounder.

Spicy McHaggis 02-22-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Both seem like a REACH with the 20th overall pick, but that's just my opinion. Bunkley should go in the lower half of the first round to the mid second round.

Williams looks like a THIRD rounder to me.

Williams in the third would be alright by me. He always played balls to the wall in college and those are the guys I want lined up in the trenches.

htismaqe 02-23-2006 09:00 AM

Like other have said, Bunkley is borderline at #20. Williams any earlier than the 3rd would be a mistake.

jspchief 02-23-2006 10:20 AM

I know it's not what we need at DT, but Dusty Dvoracek is intriguing to me. A high motor with a mean streak.

We probably have better uses for our thrid round pick, but I kind of like this guy.

RedThat 02-23-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I know it's not what we need at DT, but Dusty Dvoracek is intriguing to me. A high motor with a mean streak.

We probably have better uses for our thrid round pick, but I kind of like this guy.

If the high motor, mean streak guys is what intrigues you, another guy you may possibly like is John McCargo out of NC state. They're saying a lot of good things about this guy, his draft stock is slowly rising. Look for him to be a potential early 2nd round pick.

jspchief 02-23-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
If the high motor, mean streak guys is what intrigues you, another guy you may possibly like is John McCargo out of NC state. They're saying a lot of good things about this guy, his draft stock is slowly rising. Look for him to be a potential early 2nd round pick.

McCargo does interest me. But he also scares me. He had the luxury of playing next to Mario Williams and Manny Lawson this year. It's hard to say how much of his success was on the coattails of those two guys.

RedThat 02-24-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
McCargo does interest me. But he also scares me. He had the luxury of playing next to Mario Williams and Manny Lawson this year. It's hard to say how much of his success was on the coattails of those two guys.

Kinda like the whole Julius Peppers/Ryan Sims deal.