ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How do you feel about Popeyes chicken? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275171)

Baby Lee 09-29-2017 08:01 AM

Great, the ****ing barefoot Contessas are here to weigh in on a fast food thread!!

Spott 09-29-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13111118)
There's a local chain up here called Brown's that I like, but none of its locations are convenient for me. Don't think I've ever had Church's.

I figured the Brown's chicken franchise was long gone. I worked at a Brown's chicken in Lee's Summit back when I was going to UMKC, but that place closed down a loooong time ago and I haven't seen one since.

MahiMike 09-29-2017 08:10 AM

Great spicy chicken sammich.

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111412)
Great, the ****ing barefoot Contessas are here to weigh in on a fast food thread!!

:deevee:

Sandy Vagina 09-29-2017 08:14 AM

The chicken and red beans kicks ass! All the rest was just meh good nuff every time I tried it.

I make a strong effort to get this no more than 3-4 times a year though. Too unhealthy.

chop 09-29-2017 08:15 AM

I like the spicy chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, but it affects me a few hours later. lol

Baby Lee 09-29-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13111424)
:deevee:

Nice Jay Leno shirt, sweetie

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/29/e8/b5/2...food-humor.jpg

Baby Lee 09-29-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13111428)
The chicken and red beans kicks ass! All the rest was just meh good nuff every time I tried it.

I make a strong effort to get this no more than 3-4 times a year though. Too unhealthy.

Clearly you haven't the sophistication to appreciate FMB's heirloom legume coulis over quinoa.

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111430)

Not my fault you like mediocre red beans, dude.

I like quite a bit at Popeyes, though. Love their chicken and biscuits.

Baby Lee 09-29-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13111435)
Not my fault you like mediocre red beans, dude.

I like quite a bit at Popeyes, though. Love their chicken and biscuits.

So you're going full ****. Noted.

When people talk fast food, the phrase 'for fast food' is assumed. And Popeye's red beans and rice is one of the best side dishes in all of fast food.

If I had druthers, I'd get hoppin' john at Southern, or recall the perfect RB&R at Bobby's. But Bobby's is closed because the management are all out earning Michelin stars. And Southern is 3x the price and has a line out the door.

Their chicken and biscuits are largely below mediocre. Hardee's has better biscuits. The best thing about Popeye's biscuits is either their honey or their ghost pepper jelly, not the biscuit itself. Their chicken has the advantage of spice, but almost all fast food chicken is ****ing disgusting.

Maybe if you had tried good biscuits and good chicken, though.

Sandy Vagina 09-29-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111433)
Clearly you haven't the sophistication to appreciate FMB's heirloom legume coulis over quinoa.

don't know who that is, what that is.. and don't curr... :p ... I's here fo teh chicken, red beans and rice, and biscuits!

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111441)
So you're going full ****. Noted.

Their chicken and biscuits are largely below mediocre. Hardee's has better biscuits. Their chicken has the advantage of spice, but almost all fast food chicken is ****ing disgusting.

Maybe if you had tried good biscuits and good chicken, though.

Oh good ****, lighten up Francis.

Sandy Vagina 09-29-2017 08:23 AM

fighting about better fast-food! LMAO... G'bless CP.

Baby Lee 09-29-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13111444)
Oh good ****, lighten up Francis.

You do this A LOT.

People talk about mediocre food, knowing it's mediocre, but just shooting the shit about what they find tasty in particular.

And like clockwork, you're there to scold and tell everyone that they don't have the sophistication of your palate or the Continental-ness of your canvas.

It's douchey. It's pretentious. And at this point, it's become expected.

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13111450)
You do this A LOT.

People talk about mediocre food, knowing it's mediocre, but just shooting shit about what they find tasty in particular.

And like clockwork, you're there to scold and tell everyone that they don't have the sophistication of your palate, or the Continental-ness of your canvas.

Thanks, Counselor.

You understand how BBs work yeah, where people give their opinions, often as stated fact? You also understand that after I said I liked their chicken and biscuits, you did the exact same thing you're scolding me for?

Good god. If you can't stand me as much as you appear to, put me on ignore. Make Chiefsplanet Great Again! For both of us.