ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2014 Official NBA Playoffs Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283079)

okcchief 04-20-2014 11:24 PM

Houston gets garbage shots at the end of games, and that's coming from a Thunder fan.

LMA is awesome.

The officiating this weekend was pretty bad. Can't let the refs decide the game though.

TEX 04-20-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10575545)
LOL, go **** yourself, Rockets! The better team still won in spite of the ridiculous calls Houston got!

Right crybaby bitch boy. Maybe we should come up with a million EXCUSES, LIKE YOU, when our team loses. But...but...but...its because ..because... NOBODY on this board makes as many excuses as YOU when your team loses. The Rockets lost cuz the Blazers beat them. They were out played and out coached. The end. They get another shot Wednesday.The last I checked this is a best of 7 series. Plenty of games left. You could learn something by adopting that attitude instead of making lame ass excuses when your Clippers lose.

KC_Connection 04-20-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10575523)
Harden is the biggest flopper I have ever seen and I root for a team with CP3 on it. Rockets are a joke.

Just wait for Marcus Smart, he's just as skilled in that regard.

TEX 04-20-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10575543)
Lol harden

Congrats Portland. You stole one with Hack-a-Howard. What a terrible treat for the fans

Yep. Houston was in control, up by 11 with 4 mins to play, when Portland chose that tactic. It totally shifted momentum and let Portland back in it. Good call by Portland to use it. I personally think its lame ass basketball BUT it worked and its part of the game. Wouldn't even be an option if Howard could make free throws better than 65%.

TEX 04-20-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10575523)
Harden is the biggest flopper I have ever seen and I root for a team with CP3 on it. Rockets are a joke.

LMAO Seriously? Biggest flopper you've ever seen? When did you start watching NBA basketball? Last Tuesday? Ever heard of some guy named Dirk? Or Vlade Divac maybe??? Those two flop / flopped worse than Harden. I could easily think of more. Wouldn't do any good to point them out to you though because you're overly butt-hurt when it comes to the Rockets.

Miles 04-21-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10575564)
LMAO Seriously? Biggest flopper you've ever seen? When did you start watching NBA basketball? Last Tuesday? Ever heard of some guy named Dirk? Or Vlade Divac maybe??? Those two flop / flopped worse than Harden. I could easily think of more. Wouldn't do any good to point them out to you though because you're overly butt-hurt when it comes to the Rockets.

Might be that we don't have easily accessible footage but those older guys are not nearly as bad as CP3.

GoChargers 04-21-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10575564)

Two posts about Houston during a game in which they are playing and I'm "overly butthurt when it comes to the Rockets"? Wow. Seems like the truth hurts. Harden is a ref-reliant loser.

Miles 04-21-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10575551)
Houston gets garbage shots at the end of games, and that's coming from a Thunder fan.

LMA is awesome.

The officiating this weekend was pretty bad. Can't let the refs decide the game though.

Yep. Especially at home need to be in control enough that Bennett Salvatore can't **** you.

Miles 04-21-2014 12:09 AM

Really hope that Beverly didn't re-injure his knee. Rockets are done as fringe contenders without him.

-King- 04-21-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10575572)
Really hope that Beverly didn't re-injure his knee. Rockets are done as fringe contenders without him.

Not according to Rudy.

kcxiv 04-21-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10575561)
Yep. Houston was in control, up by 11 with 4 mins to play, when Portland chose that tactic. It totally shifted momentum and let Portland back in it. Good call by Portland to use it. I personally think its lame ass basketball BUT it worked and its part of the game. Wouldn't even be an option if Howard could make free throws better than 65%.

Its only lame if an NBA player cant make a free throw 70plus percent of the time. When your shooting around 40-50 percent, its hilarious. I wont ever forget Howard telling the L.A times last year, when he goes to the free throw line he gets nervous. Im like what? nervous? 10 years in the league and nervous shooting free throws?lol

If your a coach and dont use hack a howard when the game is close, you shouldnt be coaching. I dont see how NBA players can be so bad at free throws. Its the one thing in basketball you can litterally do all day without getting tired.

-King- 04-21-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10575587)
Its only lame if an NBA player cant make a free throw 70plus percent of the time. When your shooting around 40-50 percent, its hilarious. I wont ever forget Howard telling the L.A times last year, when he goes to the free throw line he gets nervous. Im like what? nervous? 10 years in the league and nervous shooting free throws?lol

If your a coach and dont use hack a howard when the game is close, you shouldnt be coaching. I dont see how NBA players can be so bad at free throws. Its the one thing in basketball you can litterally do all day without getting tired.

Hand size makes shooting free throws harder for big guys. Add that to the 20,000 people staring daggers at you and you see why they miss a lot. If you're already not good at something, having 20k people staring at you while you do it won't help you at all.

freelin 04-21-2014 01:47 AM

first-round series

MIAMI (AP) -- LeBron James scored 27 points, Dwyane Wadeadded 23 and the Miami Heat used a late charge to beat the 99-88 on Sunday in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference first-round series.:clap:

KC_Connection 04-21-2014 01:53 AM

Howard actually shot free throws well in high school and was much better at it when he first entered the league (68%). It's just turned into a complete mental block for the guy over the last few seasons and he can't get over it. I'd foul him too.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-21-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10575582)
Not according to Rudy.

Unfortunately with the Rockets' thin bench, it would actually be a blow. I'm not a fan of his, but they'd probably have to throw a rookie into the rotation. Early reports aren't good. Probably done.