ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2014 Official NBA Playoffs Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283079)

Al Bundy 04-19-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10574144)
OKC gets more calls than probably any team in the league.

I don't know, San Antonio get's A LOT.

-King- 04-19-2014 11:54 PM

Pacers weren't ready to play like Champs through a whole season. Didn't know how to pace themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 04-20-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10574161)
So I looked and Houston takes more FT's at 31\game. That is probably due to Harden driving to the lane flopping and hack-a-Dwight

Durant took more FT's than anyone in the league and wasn't close, 805 and 674 was second place.

Could it have something to do with the fact that he attempted more shots than anybody in the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-20-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10574279)
Could it have something to do with the fact that he attempted more shots than anybody in the league.

It could, but it's not certain. Guys who drive are more likely to get fouled than jump shooters. Durant does a little bit of everything on offense, but he doesn't absorb near the amount of contact that Harden or James do.

WilliamTheIrish 04-20-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10573893)
Spurs lost to Memphis a few years ago and Dallas to Golden State a few years before that. I get that it's hard to get up for a below .500 team, but they didn't even bother to play hard tonight. Still think they'll pick it up and win in the end, but I don't think I've ever seen a contender start quite like that.

Many moons ago, the first 1 to lose to an eight was Gary Payton's Sonics getting upset by the Nuggets.

mdchiefsfan 04-20-2014 08:12 AM

Let's do it, Mavs!!!

TEX 04-20-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10574127)
KCnative will be along shortly to tell you refs never favor certain teams or players.

And he would be correct. The NBA, more than any other league, practices "star power" officiating. Superstars and the "in teams" get the benefit of far more calls than teams having fewer super stars. Its been that way forever.

A perfect example is Jordan's blatant "push off" against Utah in the NBA Finals to win it all in the in the last seconds of the game. That gets called an offensive foul if any other player, other than Jordan, does it. One if the absolute worst non-calls in NBA Finals history. Jordan literally pushed the Utah player out of the way, then shoots an uncontested jump shot to win the game and series. It was a good shot, but it doesn't happen if the proper call was made. No way Utah ever gets that call...

TEX 04-20-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10573635)
lol, GO Warriors. **** the Clippers!

LMAO Misery LOVES company, especially for Lakers fans...But I share your sentiments because the Clippers can beat the Rockets if they were to meet in the playoffs.

Al Bundy 04-20-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10574393)
And he would be correct. The NBA, more than any other league, practices "star power" officiating. Superstars and the "in teams" get the benefit of far more calls than teams having fewer super stars. Its been that way forever.

A perfect example is Jordan's blatant "push off" against Utah in the NBA Finals to win it all in the in the last seconds of the game. That gets called an offensive foul if any other player, other than Jordan, does it. One if the absolute worst non-calls in NBA Finals history. Jordan literally pushed the Utah player out of the way, then shoots an uncontested jump shot to win the game and series. It was a good shot, but it doesn't happen if the proper call was made. No way Utah ever gets that call...

I agree, 100%. I stood up and yelled it when it happened. Everyone and their mother said "That was no offensive foul, just a great play."

Mr. Arrowhead 04-20-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10574383)
Let's do it, Mavs!!!

Glad to be back in the playoffs after a 1 year absence, although I wish we werent playing the Spurs

mdchiefsfan 04-20-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10574412)
Glad to be back in the playoffs after a 1 year absence, although I wish we werent playing the Spurs

It always seems to be them, doesn't it?

Hammock Parties 04-20-2014 10:24 AM

**** the Spurs. Dirk's back, bitches.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2014 12:52 PM

Stay down, bitch.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-20-2014 01:04 PM

Los Anus.

**** you, Spurs.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-20-2014 01:11 PM

Two lucky ass shots by Timmy