ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

RustShack 08-22-2012 09:53 PM

I loooove that people always point to Cleveland in their arguments trying to say someone sucks. I'm a Cleveland Cavs fan, its pretty well known that city just doesn't win.

Denver? Yeah what was a crap shoot and anyone who followed it knew they had to go with Tebow.

saphojunkie 08-22-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8842934)
Cassel has yet to start a full season as a Chief. I can't wait to see Quinn start.

:clap:

I really hope Cassel plays at a Pro Bowl level. I hope any starting QB for the Chiefs plays at a pro bowl level.

Having said that, the odds are in favor of one of our backups starting at least one game this year.

I think that Quinn, reunited with the head coach who drafted him, with a - gasp - strong running game and a - GASP GASP! - excellent corps of receivers, has a genuine chance to finally develop into the premier passer that people thought he could be.

I would be happy for Cassel if he did it, too. I would. But part of me would be giddy if it were Quinn.

Just remember people, if Quinn comes out and leads this team to victory, it's yet another reason to hate Carl Peterson! :hmmm:

Setsuna 08-23-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8843259)
Setsuna, what makes you think Quinn is so bad?

I have seen him crumble under pressure. Not necessarily the pressure of the rush. But the pressure of being called upon to provide adequate QB play in important games. Important games like regular season games and a preseason game that would have solidified himself as the #2 QB in Denver. This pressure it seems makes him play dumb to where he doesn't think on the field. It's really sad to see it but he can't get over that hump. That 4th game of the preseason. When all he'll have to do is play decent to wrap up the #2, he may very well look like he did a year ago, garbage. If he doesn't, well done. But if he ever gets a chance to start, it won't be pretty and you'll see it fairly quickly.

saphojunkie 08-23-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8843732)
I have seen him crumble under pressure. Not necessarily the pressure of the rush. But the pressure of being called upon to provide adequate QB play in important games. Important games like regular season games and a preseason game that would have solidified himself as the #2 QB in Denver. This pressure it seems makes him play dumb to where he doesn't think on the field. It's really sad to see it but he can't get over that hump. That 4th game of the preseason. When all he'll have to do is play decent to wrap up the #2, he may very well look like he did a year ago, garbage. If he doesn't, well done. But if he ever gets a chance to start, it won't be pretty and you'll see it fairly quickly.

So, basically you're saying this because of the nine games he started in Cleveland as a rookie & 2nd year guy with shit around him, and a preseason game in Denver? That seems a bit premature.

WhiteWhale 08-23-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8842942)
let me see a First Round QB who has never been on a roster this talented or Matt Cassel...

i'd go with a First rounder every time.

Jamarcus Russell is available.

BoneKrusher 08-23-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8843842)
Jamarcus Russell is available.

we dont need an Offensive Lineman tho.

WhiteWhale 08-23-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8843844)
we dont need an Offensive Lineman tho.

Well, you're just being evasive... but I laughed so that's fine. :D

Frankie 08-23-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8843333)
This much talent AROUND him. Moron....

I got it..... SHEESH!...The fact that you are calling me a moron says that YOU did not get my sarcasm/silliness.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-24-2012 07:50 PM

...is it time?

BoneKrusher 08-24-2012 07:51 PM

time for the Mighty Quinn.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-07-2012 06:05 PM

Will we look back and say it all began today... :-)

Mr_Tomahawk 10-07-2012 07:06 PM

Omaha 10-07-2012 07:13 PM

I'm ready. Call me Pestilence, but I'm ready to see drives like the one we saw at the end of the game from now on. Give Quinn a legit shot.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-07-2012 07:14 PM

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 07:21 PM

Highly unlikely Quinn proves to be a QBOTF.

I'm more interested in making Cassel a QB of the Past.