ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Congrats Chiefs fans, Andy Reid is your new coach. Here's what to expect.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268487)

FD 01-04-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9281386)
and I also think Jamaal Charles is a better Brian Westbrook than Brian Westbrook and it seems like Reid's best years were when Westbrook was an absolute beast...

I also think Scott left us with an offensive line chalked full of potential, which helps.

If he did two things right it was offensive line and the incredibly, ridiculous AMAZING team friendly contract he got Charles to ink.

Yep. And with Castillo the line should really be able to take a step up. He's one of the most underrated coaches out there since the defensive coordinator debacle.

BradBigglestein 01-04-2013 03:14 PM

I'll hang around for a bit more. Good chatting with Chiefs fans.

If anyone has any questions about Reid, feel free to ask. I'm really happy for him and that he landed in a place where he got everything he wanted. This was a tough last calender year for him. Losing his son being obviously the worst of it.

O.city 01-04-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9281386)
and I also think Jamaal Charles is a better Brian Westbrook than Brian Westbrook and it seems like Reid's best years were when Westbrook was an absolute beast...

I also think Scott left us with an offensive line chalked full of potential, which helps.

If he did two things right it was offensive line and the incredibly, ridiculous AMAZING team friendly contract he got Charles to ink.

Yeah thats for sure.

I just really wanna get Albert and Bowe re signed.

You can fill some holes in the draft, but I actually like filling holes better with free agency.

You have to combine BPA with position of need in the draft, which is something I don't think Scott ever got down.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9281354)
Lol...he's the Peoples Choice Coach/GM. When he fails...An-dy will...it's the fans fault. Point the finger at yourself.

Reverse mojo won't work. Our coach is better than yours. Good thing you got the Forehead.

Hootie 01-04-2013 03:15 PM

our #1 priority should be getting Bowe signed long term without using the tag...and then tagging Albert if necessary.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9281353)
doesn't run the ball enough

He averages a 55/45 pass/run split over his career. This idea that he doesn't run the ball enough is bogus.

O.city 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9281399)
I'll hang around for a bit more. Good chatting with Chiefs fans.

If anyone has any questions about Reid, feel free to ask. I'm really happy for him and that he landed in a place where he got everything he wanted. This was a tough last calender year for him. Losing his son being obviously the worst of it.

Stick around dude. Can never have too many football guys on the board.

And this is a great board for football talk.

Gravedigger 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

WOW, he comes with Kung Fu grip, a super secret walrus layer, and 3 designer mustaches. COOL!!!!

Hootie 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

BradBigglestein is already my vote for n00b of the year.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9281393)
He runs the ball very effectively ie YPC etc is not the same as enough

There is a certain effect of running the ball regardless of yards gain that leads to a more productive offense ... less QB hits,more ToP etc.

throwing the ball even though you need to burn clock etc

Nobody said anything about YPC. Running the ball "enough" is all about attempts.

His splits are about 45% run over the length of his career.

That's PLENTY.

Mr. Laz 01-04-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281424)
Nobody said anything about YPC. Running the ball "enough" is all about attempts.

His splits are about 45% run over the length of his career.

That's PLENTY.

not imo

at it's also about knowing WHEN to run it.

i've already said i like the hire but you are going to have Chiefs fans screaming 'just run the ball!!!' several times throughout Reid's tenure.

RunKC 01-04-2013 03:26 PM

Here's what to expect:

Good QB play, an offense scoring a lot of points and a defense that gets pressure on the QB.

WTF else could we want? This is going to be AWESOME

O.city 01-04-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9281451)
not imo

at it's also about knowing WHEN to run it.

i've already said i like the hire but you are going to have Chiefs fans screaming 'just run the ball!!!' several times throughout Reid's tenure.

In your opinion? It's a statistical fact.

He has ran the ball 45% of snaps in his career. And to that effect, he hasnt' been the primary playcaller.

BradBigglestein 01-04-2013 03:30 PM

My favorite Andy Reid(non in-game) moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8cVbY72JEI

formerdb 01-04-2013 03:33 PM

In other words, Andy Reid SUCKS!!