ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

SuperChief 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Jared Gaitherss needs moar carries.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817477)
:spock: Who's the third? And don't say Richardson.

Mims. He's the new Sippio or Grigsby training camp guys.

Ugly Duck 08-11-2011 01:03 PM

Doggone good signing for the Chiefs. Sure - he didn't pass the physical at Oakland... but that ain't the only reason he wasn't offered a contract. He's well worth a signing cuz of his potential to heal up & come back strong, but in spite of a Raider desperation for tackle help they just don't have the cap room to take a chance. KC does have the room & its a durn good bet cuz the upside is huge. I hate you guyz even more now....

4th and Long 08-11-2011 01:04 PM

Isn't this part of a Styx song?

A Gaithering of angels appeared above my head.
They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said.
They said, come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me, lads.

ILChief 08-11-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817468)
If Gaithers is healthy the team now have three quality tackles that can start either right or left. Plus, they have a tackle to develop on the PS with Mims. If Gaithers is not healthy then he serves as camp fodder.

As I'm not an O'Callaghan fan I'm rooting for a healthy Gaithers.

Ryan simms and elvis greybeck welcome gaithers

Rausch 08-11-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7817488)
I hate you guyz even more now....

After our next few SB's you'll hate us even more...:evil:

Chief Faithful 08-11-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817477)
:spock: Who's the third? And don't say Richardson.

Ok, I won't say a word.

patteeu 08-11-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7817480)
=

LMAO

You must have reading comprehension issues.

Rausch 08-11-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817504)
Ok, I won't say a word.

Not Gunther, GAITHER....

RealSNR 08-11-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7817223)
Good idea.
If Cassel goes down we pin our hopes on a rookie drafted in the Fifth Round.

Yeah and if Manning goes down the Colts are screwed.

If Brady goes down the Pats are screwed.

If Brees goes down the Saints are screwed.

If Rodgers goes down the Packers... okay, well, they would be fine actually.

But you get my point. It's the backup QB's job to maintain a high level of play when the starter goes down, but he definitely shares that responsibility with THE REST OF THE TEAM.

It's not ideal, and it's not a good situation, but it doesn't ****ing have to be. Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

BossChief 08-11-2011 01:21 PM

Call me cautiously optomistic.

If he is healthy and Moeaki stays healthy, Tony will be a deadly target teams will have to account for more than before because Gaither can handle the blocking without much help.

Let's hope his back isn't ****ed.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817507)
You must have reading comprehension issues.

What's to comprehend?? people are bringing up moving alberts to RT and Gaither to LT, just like claythan said.

And you mentioned knocking Lilja out of the lineup to move alberts in, which i said. (you say backup i said cut, not the point though)

ChiefaRoo 08-11-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7817488)
Doggone good signing for the Chiefs. Sure - he didn't pass the physical at Oakland... but that ain't the only reason he wasn't offered a contract. He's well worth a signing cuz of his potential to heal up & come back strong, but in spite of a Raider desperation for tackle help they just don't have the cap room to take a chance. KC does have the room & its a durn good bet cuz the upside is huge. I hate you guyz even more now....

"durn good bet?" You sound f**king retarted.

alpha_omega 08-11-2011 01:36 PM

Back issues are always a red flag. With that being said, it can't hurt to give him a look. If he is in fact healthy (or will be in the not too distant future), i approve!

keg in kc 08-11-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817523)
Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

It wouldn't be sink or swim if he had to go in. It would just be sink. He's not an NFL ready quarterback, he had his rookie offseason cut 3 months short, he hasn't seen an NFL defense, much less a down at game speed, all meaning they'd almost certainly have to Tyler Thigpen the offense. And facing the defenses the Chiefs do this year, it would be over at that point. That's a disaster scenario if it happens early enough in the year and it's a long term injury, we're talking going from playoff contender to picking in the top 10. If it's a minor injury and it's 2009 with Croyle starting the opener, then you chalk it up for an automatic loss or 3 and hope they can survive it (doubtful with the schedule).

Speaking only for me, I'm not looking for competition to start, I'm only looking for somebody who gives them a snowball's chance in hell to compete on the field for a couple of weeks. Which isn't Stanzi, not now.

The worry I have is that they'll go into the season without anybody, and like the receiver position the last two years, if Cassel goes down, they end up picking a guy off the wire on Tuesday and starting him on Sunday.