ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick lowers the boom on Haley and Pioli! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214593)

Hammock Parties 09-20-2009 07:17 PM

Nick lowers the boom on Haley and Pioli!

http://kan.scout.com/2/901149.html

The tone of this article would have been ugly even had the Chiefs pulled out a victory Sunday over the Oakland Raiders. But that’s not the case as Haley’s Bunch lost to an inferior football team and now face the real possibility they could start the 2009 season with an 0-7 record. Now they face a murderer’s row schedule with four NFC teams before San Diego.

This game falls on the inexperience of head coach Todd Haley. Just seconds after the Chiefs had taken a 10-6 lead, he did what every NFL coach does in a late game situation - he played soft coverage outside and only rushed four defensive linemen during the Raiders’ game winning drive.

It’s the kind of coaching that will start the Bill Cowher talk again in Kansas City at season’s end. The Chiefs missed a golden opportunity to beat arguably the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. They should be 1-1 today and instead their season is on the brink of extinction. Again, you could see that this team just does not know how to win football games.

The Raiders have now won three straight games at Arrowhead. They outplayed the Raiders in every category, except penalties. It’s clear that the team general manager Scott Pioli put together is short on talent. The Chiefs are a Tony Gonzalez away from being 2-0.

Gonzalez is in Atlanta with two touchdowns on the season while the Chiefs’ offense has no presence in the middle of the field.

That’s not the only problem, of course, but it’s a part of the puzzle when you design a football team. You can’t underestimate a position that has been such a strength for the Chiefs for over a decade.

The game should have been over in the first half, but instead the score stood 3-3. The Chiefs were flagged for numerous penalties that cost them first downs and field position. In fact, you could say that the Chiefs looked more like the Raiders with their mental errors.

Right now this football team is on critical life support. All the progress they made a week ago in Baltimore had me burping up the Kool-Aid I was drinking, thinking Kansas City would win Sunday.

Instead, the Chiefs let JaMarcus Russell complete four passes on the final drive. He had completed three prior to that.

Defensively speaking, the Chiefs played well until the final two minutes, when their head coach and defensive coordinator pulled the plug on their aggressiveness. We saw it in the preseason and now that disease is infiltrating the regular season.

I could go on and on, but you get the drift. It’s just too easy to pile on right now. There weren’t enough positives Sunday to think that with four NFC games coming up, the Chiefs have a shot at winning one.

Will Haley’s Bunch recover? This loss will sting so much that it appears the Chiefs, eventually, will be hard pressed to think they are any different under Haley and Pioli than they were a year ago under Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson.

Titty Meat 09-20-2009 07:18 PM

I wouldn't even use WPI to wipe my ass with

sedated 09-20-2009 07:19 PM

insightful

*rolleyes*

the Talking Can 09-20-2009 07:20 PM

oh no

DaKCMan AP 09-20-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6094126)
Haley’s Bunch lost to an inferior football team

Wha?

NewChief 09-20-2009 07:21 PM

The best part about this is that if the Chiefs were still giving Athan access, he would have written a full-on positive justification article. While I appreciate that he's no longer a hired shill of the organization, the guy has zero journalistic ethics.

Jethopper 09-20-2009 07:21 PM

At first glance I thought this was going to be a Nick Lowery thread.

yeti 09-20-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

division-leader San Diego.
What?

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 07:21 PM

I know its waaaaay too early but if Pioli was gonna blow up the coaching staff (again) you wouldn't like Cowher?

ps...I think Haley is going to be a good coach...as much as it pains me to say.

milkman 09-20-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6094131)

We agree on this.

Skip Towne 09-20-2009 07:23 PM

One improvement is Pioli kicking WPI's ass out.

Agent V 09-20-2009 07:24 PM

Hey Nick, don't you have a Derrick Thomas screenplay to finish you sweater-wearing douchebag?

Dartgod 09-20-2009 07:24 PM

I'll bet they're shaking in their boots at One Arrowhead Drive.

Or maybe not...

KChiefs1 09-20-2009 07:24 PM

Why did I waste my time reading this worthless pile of crap?

Bane 09-20-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6094131)

Exactly.Then my ass would just be full of shit again!!!ROFL