ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2015 CP NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290988)

kccrow 05-05-2017 07:36 AM

How it's looking now...

Houston

1-16 - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
Houston actually drafted this kid at this slot. Immediately became Houston's starting nickel corner and had a great rookie season. Ended up on IR in Week 6 in 2016 due to a foot injury, but was again playing well as nickel.

2-51 - Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

Started as a rookie for New Orleans at MLB and was the team's leading tackler. Then, Sean Payton and his group of idiots on the defensive side of the ball thought it would be great to pick up Laurinaitis (fail) and move Anthony to SAM (fail), then blame Anthony and tell him that he doesn't know how to read an offense and put him on the bench. This would be a great pick if he was anywhere but with that group of idiots.

3-82 - Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

Reserve OLB for the Jets who has actually played pretty good when he gets to see the field. He needs to see the field even more in 2017.

4-116 - Chris Conley, WR, Georgia

Is developing into a very solid #2 receiver in KC. A relatively good pick for the 4th round.

5-152 - Javorius Allen, RB, USC
After being a solid reserve back as a rookie, especially as a receiving back, he disappeared on the depth chart in year 2. We'll see if he resumes a bigger role this season.

5-175 - Clayton Geathers, S, Central Florida
Has developed into a decent starting strong safety for Indy in 2016 after being a solid reserve as a rookie.

6-195 - Andy Gallik, OC, Boston College
Started 8 games as a rookie, but got injured in training camp in 2016 and was released with an injury settlement.

6-211 - Rory Anderson, TE, South Carolina
Released in training camp as a rookie. Picked up by Bears and put on PS but got injured and is now a free agent.

6-216 - Tyrell Williams, WR, Western Oregon
Reserve as a rookie, but stepped up with a huge season in year 2, putting up 69 catches for 1,059 yards and 7 TDs.

7-235 - Jordan Hicks, LB, Texas
Started as a rookie but was injured, showing promise. Started in year two with 85 tackles, 1 sack, 11 PDs and 5 Ints. Shows a ton of promise moving forward as the Eagles MLB.

Overall:

I'd say I got a pretty good haul here. Williams and Conley both look like solid #2 receivers. Geathers is coming on as a box-type SS. Hicks has the makings of a good MLB. Johnson is a very solid nickel and could start outside this season. If Anthony comes back on for NO and I can get more traction out of Mauldin, this will be a quality draft.

New England

1-32 - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
Bears starting NT, played well as a rookie. Was sidelined a good portion of 2016 with a high ankle sprain, but he'll start again in 2017.

2-64 - Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
Became Detroit's starter late in his rookie year and looked solid. Started off well in 2016, but a foot injury in week 2 ended his season. He'll be Detroit's starter once again. If he's healthy, he could be pretty good.

3-96 - Joshua Shaw, CB, USC
Reserve corner as a rookie. Ended up starting 12 games last season and looked really solid. It looks like he'll start opposited Kirkpatrick heading into 2017.

3-97 - Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary
I way overdrafted this kid, with Tennessee taking him in round 7. He's done nothing of note yet.

4-101 - Tyler Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State
I'm not sure what this kid is for Denver, if it's RT or Guard... He's started a handful of games over the past 2 seasons, but hasn't locked down a spot. He's penciled in at RT, but the signing of Menelik Watson might change that. We'll see what happens with the kid, but I'm thinking I didn't strike gold here.

4-131 - Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska
Another strike-out in round 4, he's done nothing in Baltimore. Man, what a bad 4th round.

6-178 - Darryl Roberts, CB, Marshall
New England actually drafted this kid in the 7th. Bounced from New England to the Jets off of waivers. Ended up being a nickel/dime back for the Jets last year and started 2 games. Will likely find his way into the same roll in 2017.

7-219 - Kevin Snyder, LB, Rutgers
UDFA that bounced from Detroit to San Francisco to New England as a rookie. He's now on a futures contract with Denver.

7-253 - Alec May, DE, Georgetown
Got a shot as a UDFA with Detroit but didn't make the cut.

Overall:

I had a solid first 3 picks, but after that it got dicey after that. I think Sambrailo and Roberts still have a shot, but I'm not holding my breath on the rest.

CleveSteve 05-06-2017 08:20 AM

Thanks for posting, crow. Tyrell Williams was an outstanding pick.

When it comes to Shaw, he will likely be competing with Dennard for 4th corner reps behind William Jackson, Kirkpatrick, and Adam Jones. They just picked up Dennard's fifth year option for 2018 at $8.5 mil guaranteed, so he will probably get every opportunity to win that job. Bengals could potentially cut Jones to save a few million since they are so loaded at corner, which would give Shaw the 4th corner job without much competition.

CleveSteve 05-06-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 11478902)
I think it's safe to say my Bills draft was the worst-scored... maybe worst of all time. I almost took Miller for the Bills at 81 instead of Matias. i did that in my full mock.

50. Xavier Cooper, DE, Washington State (3.96) -46. Rotational DL for Browns. Shows extreme quickness but maddeningly ineffective. With probably get cut this year if Brantley makes it out clean.
81. Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (UDFA) -176 Still hanging on as a backup in Tennessee
155. Anthony Jefferson, S, UCLA (UDFA) -102 looked good on special teams in preseason but was unable to stick with the team. Out of football.
188. Max Garcia, OL, Florida (4.133) +55. Fourth round pick and starter with Broncos.
194. Cody Fajardo, QB Nevada (UDFA) -63. Quarterback for Toronto Argonauts. Welp.
234.Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU (6.183) +51 out of football after getting hit with 4 game suspension for PEDs

-281 overall score.

I did much better on my Balt and Washington picks:

Baltimore:
158. Markus Golden, OLB, Missouri (2.58) +100. This one is looking pretty good. Double digit sacks last year.
171. Chris Hackett, S, TCU (UDFA) -86. Offseason shots with Tampa and Oakland the last two years but didn't stick.
176. Ray Drew, DE, Georgia (UDFA) -81 spent time with Miami, Cleveland, Green Bay, and Carolina. Now in the CFL with Montreal. Welp.
204. Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern (4.115) +89. Was starting SS for Browns until they drafted Jabrill Peppers in 1st round.

Overall: +22 on 4 picks

Washington:
141. Leterrius Walton, DE, Central Michigan (6.199) -58. DL depth with steelers
182. Mark Glowinski, G, West Virginia (4.134) +48. Starting LG for Seattle
222. Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville (3.72) +150. Backup with the Rams. Probably on the bubble this year with signing whitworth and sullivan

Overall: +140 on 3 picks

. Added status after plus/minus

kccrow 05-07-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12860196)
Thanks for posting, crow. Tyrell Williams was an outstanding pick.

When it comes to Shaw, he will likely be competing with Dennard for 4th corner reps behind William Jackson, Kirkpatrick, and Adam Jones. They just picked up Dennard's fifth year option for 2018 at $8.5 mil guaranteed, so he will probably get every opportunity to win that job. Bengals could potentially cut Jones to save a few million since they are so loaded at corner, which would give Shaw the 4th corner job without much competition.

Very well could be. Cincy is too stupid to get rid of Adam Jones and they've completely ****ed the dog when it comes to Dennard. Shaw started over Dennard last year (12 games vs 3) so I don't think that's a thing. Basically, I think it comes down to whether they think Jackson is ready and better than Shaw and the Pacman situation.

kccrow 05-07-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12860583)
. Added status after plus/minus

You drafted an epic shit ton of UDFA's that year haha. Not your best work. Let's hope your 2016 draft ends up looking better. :)

CleveSteve 05-07-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12861247)
You drafted an epic shit ton of UDFA's that year haha. Not your best work. Let's hope your 2016 draft ends up looking better. :)

I did, but two of the teams I took over for in the fifth, and the other didn't have a first or fourth rounder. And most of the guys have stuck around in the league even if they were UDFA. Markus Golden is probably one of the five best picks in this draft.

I drafted 4 guys after pick 150 in this draft that were regular (not injury replacement) starters for their teams last year.

kccrow 05-07-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12861257)
I did, but two of the teams I took over for in the fifth, and the other didn't have a first or fourth rounder. And most of the guys have stuck around in the league even if they were UDFA. Markus Golden is probably one of the five best picks in this draft.

I drafted 4 guys after pick 150 in this draft that were regular (not injury replacement) starters for their teams last year.

Didn't even know that. I suppose then, that's pretty good.

Golden looked good last year. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does as an every down player.