ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money It's that time of year, TAX RETURN TIME! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269484)

El Jefe 01-30-2013 08:35 AM

It's that time of year, TAX RETURN TIME!

For the past 2-3 years I have started a thread about what people were going to spend their tax return on. While greeted with some hostility, most people actually enjoyed the threads. I don't know how much I will get back, but I have some big plans for it!

I am going to try to pay a grand or so on my wifes car (We owe 3k). I am going to try and slide as much as I can at my wife's student loans (only owe 11k). Outside of those two debts, we don't have anything else luckily, because I pay out of pocket for school (ouch).

My next step depending on how much I get back would be to put at least another grand into our house fund. I live on James street, and I have designated our house fund as "Operation James Street Freedom". I would like to put some money into my IRA, currently it has none. Give my wife a little extra walking around money.

I think the last thing I would like to do is give some money to our Deacon fund at my church. This is a fund that is given by church members and distributed to the needs of the church and community if need be by the Deacon board. This fund has helped a lot of people in very bad spots, and it's my duty to help out my fellow man. Our church also houses the food pantry for our community, and we received emails saying the food pantry is direly low, they have served more families this month than ever before. So I would love to take a hundred or so and buy some food to donate.

What dreams do you guys have? I know most of the people here will probably pay down bills, but its fun to dream anyways.

inb4youareanidiotfornotinvestingit

Buehler445 01-30-2013 08:39 AM

I shouldn't pay as much as I did last year, but any tax savings I'm going to use to purchase lube for next year.

But if you're going to put it towards debt, I wouldn't split it up, I would put the entire portion that you are putting towards debt in the single liability with the highest interest rate.

Best of luck bud.

Three7s 01-30-2013 08:40 AM

I can't even remember the last time I got a return. As usual, I owe once again. :huh:

Ceej 01-30-2013 08:42 AM

All tax "refundage" will be going towards a Vegas fund for September.

Carlota69 01-30-2013 08:47 AM

1) payoff credit card
2) payoff knee surgery
3) pay for personal training for a number of months
And if possible
4) go on a trip to Sedona or something reasonable like that.

Rasputin 01-30-2013 08:57 AM

Am hopeful to get a nice return this year. I have struggle all year just too keep up with bills. Hope no one can garnish any of it uhg. I want to pay off as much as I can of the trailer I'm buying. It's nice enough & cheap enough that once it's paid off just something I won't have to worry about other than lot rent. I sure like buying my own place rather than paying rent and never get anywhere in order to save money.

I'd like to fix this place up much nicer and redo the front and back porches.

I'd like to get a Playstation 3 so I can get Madden 2014 with Geno Smith as the QB of the Chiefs. My daughter will have other plans :doh!:

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 09:04 AM

We are just going to buy furniture. We bought a pretty big house (2,300 sq ft for the fiance and I), and there are still basically three rooms that are completely empty.

My uncle is a shareholder with Nebraska Furniture Mart (Berkshire technically I think) and every year in Omaha they have a shareholders only sale and things are dirt cheap. Most furniture is about 50% off of what you would pay in the store on a daily basis.

SAUTO 01-30-2013 09:06 AM

LOL, yeah right

Dunerdr 01-30-2013 09:09 AM

Pay off 1,189 on a credit card, then pay a year ahead on car insurance(because im about to be forced out of my job to stay in school). Then fix the transmission on my quad.any extra money is for my AR build.

loochy 01-30-2013 09:15 AM

house principle

loochy 01-30-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9364080)
any extra money is for my AR build.

cant do that

bad person

ban

murder

hey hey hey ho ho ho

Bweb 01-30-2013 09:18 AM

Man...12 posts in and I am the first with,

Going to spend it all on "Hookers and Blow"

El Jefe 01-30-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9364097)
house principle

I wish I owned a house, because it would be nice to pay towards something.

loochy 01-30-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9364114)
I wish I owned a house, because it would be nice to pay towards something.

yeah but it also sucks that you know you'll be paying like $150,000 more than your actual house costs because of interest

El Jefe 01-30-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9364134)
yeah but it also sucks that you know you'll be paying like $150,000 more than your actual house costs because of interest

True. It still sucks renting though, that money goes straight down the drain.