ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals George Brett harassed by stalker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278387)

Lex Luthor 11-07-2013 06:40 AM

George Brett harassed by stalker

A douchebag autograph collector approached George Brett at KCI last night. Brett signed the autograph but told him "This is the last ****ing time" and said if he saw him again he'd shoot him.

This sounds kind of bad, but I don't blame George Brett one bit. This asshole has approached Brett 35 times now asking for his autograph so that he can sell it. He was obviously expecting (and probably hoping for) an angry confrontation. Why else would he have his cell phone out recording the whole thing?

This ****head needs a serious ass-kicking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KSipdyGsA

Mr_Tomahawk 11-07-2013 06:50 AM

George Brett is an asshole as it is.

If you didn't know that before seeing this video, then you don't know George.

007 11-07-2013 06:50 AM

I would love to get his autograph as he was my hero in the 70's and 80's but from what I hear he won't even stop to give adults asking for an autograph the time of day because he thinks all they are interested in is selling it.

Kind of screws fans like myself that would keep it forever.

rockymtnchief 11-07-2013 07:01 AM

Asshole or not, signing an autogragh 35 times for the same person is ridiculous. The guy probably videos George so he has proof of the signing and can get more money on ebay. (COA)

BlackHelicopters 11-07-2013 07:14 AM

How does he know Brett's schedule so well to put himself in position to get 35 autographs?

stonedstooge 11-07-2013 07:19 AM

LEAVE HIM ALONE WICKADSON!

Simply Red 11-07-2013 07:44 AM

loved watching him, but yeah, he's a prick, before all of this.

thebrad84 11-07-2013 07:50 AM

Why in the hell does Brett still give him an autograph if he's so pissed about seeing him again? Simply say "**** off" and keep walking..

Imon Yourside 11-07-2013 07:52 AM

All he had to say was I'm not signing it, go away and don't bother me again.

Lex Luthor 11-07-2013 07:57 AM

I get the concept that he made millions of dollars playing a game and that he owes something to his fans. However, I think it's a little harsh to call a guy a prick just because he isn't thrilled about being hounded for his autograph 24x7x365.

I reserve the term "prick" for guys like Albert Belle who throws baseballs at fans and guys like Lawrence Phillips who beats the hell out of women and throws them down flights of stairs.

I've never understood the obsession with autograph collecting anyway. Maybe that's why I have so little sympathy for anyone who gets butthurt because their hero doesn't want to drop everything so they can sign a piece of paper for them. I thought autographs were sort of cool when I was ten years old, but now, not so much.

BlackHelicopters 11-07-2013 08:00 AM

Frank White is stalking George Brett?

Lex Luthor 11-07-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10167038)
All he had to say was I'm not signing it, go away and don't bother me again.

Apparently that didn't work the other 20 times he said it. The word is that the guy has approached Brett 35 times and received 15 autographs.

Imon Yourside 11-07-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10167043)
I get the concept that he made millions of dollars playing a game and that he owes something to his fans. However, I think it's a little harsh to call a guy a prick just because he isn't thrilled about being hounded for his autograph 24x7.

I reserve the term "prick" for guys like Albert Belle who throws baseballs at fans and guys like Lawrence Phillips who beats the hell out of women and throws them down flights of stairs.

I've never understood the obsession with autograph collecting anyway. Maybe that's why I have so little sympathy for anyone who gets butthurt because their hero doesn't want to drop everything so they can sign a piece of paper for them.

I don't understand it either. My son did ask Tony G for his autograph at Whole Foods when he was 4, and Tony acted like he didn't see or hear him. I'm ok with that, I told my son he gets harassed all the time and not to be too upset about it. The only time I asked for an autograph in my life was when Dan Fouts threw a pass out of the endzone to me when I was about 10, to which he had no problem signing it.

Imon Yourside 11-07-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10167045)
Apparently that didn't work the other 20 times he said it. The word is that the guy has approached Brett 35 times and received 15 autographs.

If he simply ignored him every time the guy would get the point, I bet he likes getting a rise out of him even to the point of filming it now.

Cephalic Trauma 11-07-2013 09:28 AM

I don't blame George at all. 35 times? **** that entitled piece of shit.