ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Motivation: Cocky Bell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305099)

ChiefRocka 01-10-2017 07:12 PM

Motivation: Cocky Bell

Le'Veon Bell believes his patient approach to playing running back will change the NFL similar to how Stephen Curry changed the way basketball is played in the NBA.

"I think I'm changing the game," the Pittsburgh Steelers running back told Bleacher Report. "In that sense, I'm what Steph Curry is to basketball. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily think Steph Curry is the best basketball player, but he changed the game so he's going to always go down as being remembered. Now, everyone wants to shoot the 3 and shoot it from deep."

Bell sets Steelers rushing record for playoff game
Pittsburgh RB Le'Veon Bell torched the Miami Dolphins for 167 yards on 29 carries Sunday, breaking the Steelers' single-game postseason rushing record previously held by Franco Harris.
Bell has a patient running style that requires his offensive linemen to hold their blocks before he attacks a hole, usually for a big gain. He said he expects young running backs to try to copy his style.

He recently described that style to ESPN's Jerome Bettis, telling the former Steelers great that he looks off linebackers to bait them into the gap he doesn't want to hit before cutting back.

"I watch the linebacker ... but I'm not going to look at him. I don't even want him to know I see him," Bell said.

Rain Man 01-10-2017 07:15 PM

Pr'iest Ho'lmes laughs at Le'Veon B'ell and asks how many touchdowns he's scored in a season.

Pointer19 01-10-2017 07:15 PM

I think he's going to get turf toe and be out after the first quarter.

philfree 01-10-2017 07:17 PM

I just posted this in another thread. The guy is just a little full of himself.

ThaVirus 01-10-2017 07:41 PM

After their week 16 win against Baltimore Bell and Brown were interviewed together. When asked about each other they basically blew each other, stating that the other was the "best in the world" at their respective position. It was hella gay and lame as shit.

If you're truly the best you don't have to tell anyone so.

ThaVirus 01-10-2017 07:41 PM

And he's not changing shit. He's a great multipurpose RB like a hundred others before him.

Coochie liquor 01-10-2017 07:42 PM

Except Curry has a championship ring.... I hope Berry eats his ****ing lunch on Sunday afternoon.

Coochie liquor 01-10-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12674081)
After their week 16 win against Baltimore Bell and Brown were interviewed together. When asked about each other they basically blew each other, stating that the other was the "best in the world" at their respective position. It was hella gay and lame as shit.

If you're truly the best you don't have to tell anyone so.

are you trying to tell me that Lil Wayne isn't the best rapper alive??

Pitt Gorilla 01-10-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12674050)
Pr'iest Ho'lmes laughs at Le'Veon B'ell and asks how many touchdowns he's scored in a season.

Good point. Priest was incredibly patient, although part of that was the fact that he was simply a bit slower and it took him a bit to get out on sweeps. :)

Rasputin 01-10-2017 07:50 PM

Gonna be funny when Dee Ford gets to him and tackles him for a loss in the backfield as Rothlesburger hands off to him.

Squalor2 01-10-2017 08:01 PM

as hard as we want the best team to win. trump met with baseball today.

ThaVirus 01-10-2017 08:12 PM

Motivation: Cocky Bell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12674088)
are you trying to tell me that Lil Wayne isn't the best rapper alive??

He started claiming that title around like '06. He wasn't the best then.

It wasn't until later that what he was saying was true (arguable). IMO he didn't become the best until some point after he stopped saying that.

bsroyals54 01-10-2017 08:13 PM

LeVeon Bell's stats arent close to impressive, why is this a topic

POND_OF_RED 01-10-2017 08:14 PM

So Steph Curry revolutionized the game by shooting 3's? I'm pretty sure there have been some other players who did that before him. Someone should explain to this idiot what revolutionizing something actually means.

notorious 01-10-2017 08:26 PM

They are ripe to be humbled.