ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610/810 Chiefs Planet call-in mob? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269722)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-05-2013 04:53 PM

M O B

Strongside 02-05-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9380630)
The best sports radio is after a Chiefs loss, There are a few callers on 810 that call in every week after a loss and it's pure gold. They absolutely THRASH the Chiefs and some of the fans...

Wristcutters.

Fish 02-05-2013 04:58 PM

I would worry about a few things. Even with a good sized group, its really hard to say how much the group would dominate other callers who are stupid. Sometimes the shows prefer stupid callers because it gives them control and superiority. Who knows how many idiots would call in as well, or how the shows would screen the callers. If everybody called in, but only one person from this group made it on the air, it's not going to be effective. Also keep in mind that it's pretty likely that some schmuck from the stations checks this forum. There are just too many aspects of the process that are out of our control, to think that it would be successful.

Strongside 02-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9380666)
I would worry about a few things. Even with a good sized group, its really hard to say how much the group would dominate other callers who are stupid. Sometimes the shows prefer stupid callers because it gives them control and superiority. Who knows how many idiots would call in as well, or how the shows would screen the callers. If everybody called in, but only one person from this group made it on the air, it's not going to be effective. Also keep in mind that it's pretty likely that some schmuck from the stations checks this forum. There are just too many aspects of the process that are out of our control, to think that it would be successful.

Ah, yes. The Bill O'Reilly approach.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 05:01 PM

It's not like we would get out of line, just get our point across. If we have 2 or 3 people get through it would be effective.

Strongside 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

Maybe we should fly a banner over Entercom.

"STEP UP YOUR GAME KC MEDIA. WE DESERVE BETTER"

HolyHat 02-05-2013 05:06 PM

We could almost follow a script. Bring up why we shouldnt draft LT, why we should draft QB. Bring up Joeckels weakness and make him fumble around excuses.

Ask him plain and simple
- who is the best QB in the draft?
- how many more games does a LT win us?

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 05:52 PM

How about this?

only two teams in the last 10 years have selected a non-quarterback first overall. Houston took Mario Williams in 2006 and Miami took Jake Long in 2008. Both of these players were everything these franchises could have hoped for in a number one pick. They both made All-Pro teams and have been considered amongst the league's best at their respective positions. Yet it is possible that neither one will earn a second contract with their team. They have one combined playoff appearance amongst them, during Long's rookie year (Houston made the playoffs last year with Williams going on IR midway through last season). Despite his individual success, the Houston defense continued to be terrible after Williams was drafted. By the time it was good, they deemed him expendable. Long is facing a similar situation - he's a free agent after this season, but is having his worst year as a pro. Any relevance and improvement the Dolphins have going forward is going to be completely tied to Ryan Tannehill. A quarterback selected in the first-round.

YOU DON'T BUY INSURANCE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-05-2013 05:56 PM

That's pretty good find sapho, but it'll go right through the ears of those blowhards.

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9380808)
That's pretty good find sapho, but it'll go right through the ears of those blowhards.

:banghead:

BlackHelicopters 02-05-2013 06:25 PM

I, too, value what people on the radio say. Sort of like the Internet. Can't be said if it isn't true.

okcchief 02-05-2013 06:38 PM

The fanbase and "draft gurus" don't ****ing matter. You guys see someone mock that we will take an OT and freak out. Dorsey and Reid aren't going to listen to fans or draft dipshits. They are going to use years of NFL experience, and pick who they want. I hope that is Geno Smith is pick. I just don't understand why anyone cares what someone tweets about the Chiefs draft pick who is in no way connected to that decision. Educating the fanbase makes no difference on the Chiefs pick, and if it does we have bigger problems. They know QB is a position of need, and will go with the best fit. Just hope it's the right one.

Rasputin 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

I'm your huckleberry
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...adigo1_400.png

Say when

Sorter 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9380905)

you thief!!

:)

Rasputin 02-05-2013 06:43 PM

What's the number to call in?