ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

Discuss Thrower 05-28-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8644304)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Pushead2 05-28-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8644311)
Spoiler!

I don't like the sound of this....

Spoiler!

1moreTRich 05-29-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8644286)
My concern isn't with

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Buck 05-30-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8644286)
My concern isn't with

Spoiler!

Don't know wtf is going on with the spoiler-fest in here, but I think that they've been trying to show Pete Campbell snake his way into the more important decision making, and he's finally broken through. It took a while, but it happened. Don't think it was jump the shark at all.

Kyle DeLexus 05-30-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8646524)
Don't know wtf is going on with the spoiler-fest in here, but I think that they've been trying to show Pete Campbell snake his way into the more important decision making, and he's finally broken through. It took a while, but it happened. Don't think it was jump the shark at all.

This was my thought on it as well. Also the fact that Pete had already approached Joan before the meeting made the outcome realistic. If he hadn't talked to her it would have been no's all around, but since Pete had laid the ground work it was "I'm shocked, I'm appalled, you take care of it."

Demonpenz 05-30-2012 11:18 AM

The "Regroup" smirk/smile when Pete had his back towards joan was classic mad men.

DJ's left nut 05-30-2012 11:27 PM

A) I don't much care for Peggy, so I don't much mind that she's leaving. I've made my opinion w/r/t her known, so I think the show will be fine without her.

B) Those that do like Peggy have to want her to leave. When she told Don that she knew it's what he would do, she was exactly right. SCDP will never not have Don in charge of creative. Peggy, as headstrong and proud as she is, absolutely believes she could be that person in charge of creative someday. She's blocked at SCDP and was given a chance to make a ton of money and take a clear promotion to a clear path at superstardom at a new agency.

Peggy staying at SCDP would have been what Reaper was concerned about - characters acting outside of their character. This was clearly the Peggy move and the right one for her to make.

I don't know how they can keep her as a significant part of the show without losing a great deal of time that would be spent on the development of the agency. There are only so many broadcast minutes and they can't be spent trying to spin a story along with a 2nd agency.

I think Peggy's gone.

Red Brooklyn 05-31-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8649006)
I don't know how they can keep her as a significant part of the show without losing a great deal of time that would be spent on the development of the agency. There are only so many broadcast minutes and they can't be spent trying to spin a story along with a 2nd agency.

Get rid of the Betty subplots and fill those minutes with Peggy subplots.

If Peggy is gone for good, they're going to have to give the audience a new voice. Maybe Don changes? Maybe Joan shifts? I don't know. But, I think, it's too late to introduce a new "Peggy."

And I just can't see the show leaving the audience voiceless for long.

But I agree that it was the right move at the right time. As much as I hate to see her leave SCDP, she had to. I get it. And I'm proud of her. But I can't see her being gone (from the show) for good.

At the very least, surely, we would have heard by now if Elizabeth Moss was leaving the show, right? Be pretty impressive to keep that under wraps.

Thig Lyfe 05-31-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8649447)
If Peggy is gone for good, they're going to have to give the audience a new voice.

Ginsberg?

DJ's left nut 05-31-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8649447)
Get rid of the Betty subplots and fill those minutes with Peggy subplots.

If Peggy is gone for good, they're going to have to give the audience a new voice. Maybe Don changes? Maybe Joan shifts? I don't know. But, I think, it's too late to introduce a new "Peggy."

And I just can't see the show leaving the audience voiceless for long.

But I agree that it was the right move at the right time. As much as I hate to see her leave SCDP, she had to. I get it. And I'm proud of her. But I can't see her being gone (from the show) for good.

At the very least, surely, we would have heard by now if Elizabeth Moss was leaving the show, right? Be pretty impressive to keep that under wraps.

I suppose you could get rid of the Betty subplots by having Sally finally kill her. There's your plot twist, eh?

Starting to wonder if ol' Lane isn't gonna be the one to get bumped off. I wouldn't really care that much; Lane's a special sort of slime. He's essentially a sneakier version of Roger. Roger is just out in the open with his proclivities, whereas Lane is a manipulative little prick with the same personal shortcomings and none of the gravitas to own them.

Reaper16 05-31-2012 11:04 AM

I'll put money down that Peggy isn't gone from the show. She's an integral part of the show. A goddamned pillar.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-31-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8649545)
I suppose you could get rid of the Betty subplots by having Sally finally kill her. There's your plot twist, eh?

Starting to wonder if ol' Lane isn't gonna be the one to get bumped off. I wouldn't really care that much; Lane's a special sort of slime. He's essentially a sneakier version of Roger. Roger is just out in the open with his proclivities, whereas Lane is a manipulative little prick with the same personal shortcomings and none of the gravitas to own them.

I'm cutting Lane a little slack. I did some reading and at the time of this episode, British citizens paid as much as 83% in taxes to the Crown. Plus a possible 15% more in unearned income PLUS capital gains. Plus Lane would be paying US taxes as well. He's really in a hole.

Baby Lee 05-31-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8649630)
I'm cutting Lane a little slack. I did some reading and at the time of this episode, British citizens paid as much as 83% in taxes to the Crown. Plus a possible 15% more in unearned income PLUS capital gains. Plus Lane would be paying US taxes as well. He's really in a hole.

Plus he loves cheap horror movies and a big ass steak.

Red Brooklyn 05-31-2012 12:20 PM

If I were a betting man... and I'm not... and I'm usually wrong about these things... I'd say Peggy is still a part of the show moving forward, and that, yes, Lane will probably end up dead by the end of this season.

I told my wife after the last episode that I really didn't have a good feeling about Lane. I like Lane, but he's desperate.

Frankly, I'd love to see Sally off Betty. I don't care how uncharacteristic it might be!

But, seriously, I'm not sure why Betty is still a part of the show. She's been largely absent this season and I haven't missed her.

Pitt Gorilla 05-31-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8649782)
If I were a betting man... and I'm not... and I'm usually wrong about these things... I'd say Peggy is still a part of the show moving forward, and that, yes, Lane will probably end up dead by the end of this season.

I told my wife after the last episode that I really didn't have a good feeling about Lane. I like Lane, but he's desperate.

Frankly, I'd love to see Sally off Betty. I don't care how uncharacteristic it might be!

But, seriously, I'm not sure why Betty is still a part of the show. She's been largely absent this season and I haven't missed her.

Any chance Peggy comes back as a partner?