ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

rocknrolla 08-02-2011 06:46 PM

Love Breaking bad. Have zero desire to ever watch Mad men.

Demonpenz 08-02-2011 07:02 PM

mad men is so bad ass. there are a couple shows coming out on regular cable that are set in the 60's trying to cash in on it's sucess

notorious 08-02-2011 07:02 PM

Doesn't make sense.

Breaking Bad = Viewers

Viewers = Advertising

More Episodes = More Advertising

More Advertising = More $$$$

WTF am I missing here?

ChiefsFanatic 08-02-2011 07:11 PM

I would love both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead to move to HBO or Showtime. Failing that, then maybe FX. Or any channel that won't shy away from staying true to the product.

NewChief 08-04-2011 03:37 PM

Damn. Just watched Season 2, Episode 12 when Walt watches that blackmailing junkie bitch choke on her vomit. I simultaneously cheered for her death and mourned Walt's expiring morality.

rocknrolla 08-04-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 7796643)
I would love both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead to move to HBO or Showtime. Failing that, then maybe FX. Or any channel that won't shy away from staying true to the product.

This!

Backwards Masking 08-04-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7791742)
Worst episode IMO.

I guess the best show on TV can't be perfect.

Totally agree. Jesse's character did nothing. Hardly any action at all, and not much to move the story along. They wound up getting the carwash and Hank had the files dropped on his lap, which will both play major factors down the line, but that was about it. I agree with your post after this that the writers are distracting us from something bigger going on. This was definitely one of the least engaging episodes I've watched.

eazyb81 08-04-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7801881)
Damn. Just watched Season 2, Episode 12 when Walt watches that blackmailing junkie bitch choke on her vomit. I simultaneously cheered for her death and mourned Walt's expiring morality.

Yeah that scene was definitely a big turn in the show.

blaise 08-04-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7802016)
Totally agree. Jesse's character did nothing. Hardly any action at all, and not much to move the story along. They wound up getting the carwash and Hank had the files dropped on his lap, which will both play major factors down the line, but that was about it. I agree with your post after this that the writers are distracting us from something bigger going on. This was definitely one of the least engaging episodes I've watched.

Maybe that's one of the reasons the network says they don't need to pay for 13 shows next year.

eazyb81 08-04-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7802016)

I don't think Jesse had to actually "do" anything; his facial expression and attitude said enough. He is completely lost and in a dark place right now. His friends are gone, his parents are gone, and the closest thing to a friend or father figure he has now is Walt, who barely notices him and is too self-absorbed to care about Jesse's problems, even though Jesse just committed murder for him.

Jesse is the most interesting character in the show right now.

Brock 08-04-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7802191)
I don't think Jesse had to actually "do" anything; his facial expression and attitude said enough. He is completely lost and in a dark place right now. His friends are gone, his parents are gone, and the closest thing to a friend or father figure he has now is Walt, who barely notices him and is too self-absorbed to care about Jesse's problems, even though Jesse just committed murder for him.

Agreed 100.

rocknrolla 08-04-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7802196)
Agreed 100.

Twice.

Backwards Masking 08-04-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

I agree as well, when I said that he "did nothing" I meant action and story wise, he's in the same exact place at the end of that episode as he was the previous.

notorious 08-04-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7801881)

Walt went through a million emotions within 10 seconds, and everyone of the emotions showed with his facial expressions.

The acting in that scene is unbeatable.

Kyle DeLexus 08-04-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

It's a good thing they didn't kill him off at the end of season 1 like they had originally planned.