ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What college coaches or NFL coaches are available for Chiefs HC job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264521)

notorious 10-01-2012 07:12 PM

McDaniels will be here next year.

Bank it.

dred 10-01-2012 07:27 PM

Peyton Manning?

Psyko Tek 10-01-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8968042)
Jesus Christ?

HE'S RETIRED
and sorta busy on sunday

Dayze 10-01-2012 07:51 PM

Never happen, but I like Kirby Smart.

Never ever happen

jspchief 10-01-2012 08:14 PM

The answers in this thread so far pretty much reinforce why I wasn't opposed to Crennel getting the job. There are not many "must have" HC prospects out there right now. There's so much turnover in the coaching ranks, the up and coming coordinators are getting snatched up prematurely and failing because they don't build enough of a coaching identity to build winning by anything other than a coach-by-numbers copycat approach.

Of course, I didn't expect Crennel's shortcomings to show up in such a fast and furious manner. Nor did I expect him to be so utterly useless to the defense.

Shogun 10-01-2012 08:22 PM

Steve Mariucci

Dennis Green

Brad Childress

????

thoughts

jspchief 10-01-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8968586)
Steve Mariucci

Dennis Green

Brad Childress

????

thoughts

Trolling?

Shogun 10-01-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968600)
Trolling?

Herm edwards?

Richard_Cuckold 10-01-2012 08:30 PM

Dont go with a college coach imo

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8968549)
The answers in this thread so far pretty much reinforce why I wasn't opposed to Crennel getting the job. There are not many "must have" HC prospects out there right now. There's so much turnover in the coaching ranks, the up and coming coordinators are getting snatched up prematurely and failing because they don't build enough of a coaching identity to build winning by anything other than a coach-by-numbers copycat approach.

Of course, I didn't expect Crennel's shortcomings to show up in such a fast and furious manner. Nor did I expect him to be so utterly useless to the defense.

I expected it. Because again, people obsess over X's and O's. I told people months ago, Romeo is way too likable a guy to be a good head coach and he cares too much about the thinking part of the game to worry about conditioning.

The Chiefs have to stop hiring based on resume or fit with their offense or defense. They need to start interviewing good motivators, leaders, and teachers. You can find those if you look hard enough. And they're not always on elite defensive or offensive staffs. If you narrow the coaching pool down to your small tree, you're screwed.

Sorter 10-01-2012 08:59 PM

We already had a poll on this.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8968586)
Steve Mariucci

Dennis Green

Brad Childress

????

thoughts

:Lin:

Sorter 10-01-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8968709)
I expected it. Because again, people obsess over X's and O's. I told people months ago, Romeo is way too likable a guy to be a good head coach and he cares too much about the thinking part of the game to worry about conditioning.

The Chiefs have to stop hiring based on resume or fit with their offense or defense. They need to start interviewing good motivators, leaders, and teachers. You can find those if you look hard enough. And they're not always on elite defensive or offensive staffs. If you narrow the coaching pool down to your small tree, you're screwed.

Honestly, if you put a QB on this team that doesn't have a 3 & out or a turnover every other possession, I think you'd be surprised how much better this defense looks throughout the course of a game.

Does not excuse them for looking horrible on opening drives however. That is primarily due to teams throwing out of our base front (a 3-4, odd) and our failure to get a pass rush.

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8968824)
Honestly, if you put a QB on this team that doesn't have a 3 & out or a turnover every other possession, I think you'd be surprised how much better this defense looks throughout the course of a game.

Does not excuse them for looking horrible on opening drives however. That is primarily due to teams throwing out of our base front (a 3-4, odd) and our failure to get a pass rush.

The talent is there.

Romeo does not know how to motivate and lead. He is good at the coordination stuff.

I really like the guy as a DC. He shouldn't have been hired as a head coach. He took the players out of the weight room and put them into the film room, and now they're soft. He skipped tackling drills and now our players forgot how to tackle. Our defense went from wanting to punch you in the throat to playing read-and-react. And we're making mental mistake after mental mistake. Our special teams, which are usually a testament to the discipline of your team, keeps making mental breakdowns.

While I agree with you, Romeo's still going to get the team to underperform.

Sorter 10-01-2012 09:25 PM

The defense still shows flashes when they are in the game. Look at SDs first 3 drives after Charles scored. They clearly don't believe in Cassel and they become frustrated by his lack of production. It's not hard to understand, especially if you played football at some point defensively with a shitty offense.

I do agree that Romeo is not good in terms of instilling discipline. However, you get this team a QB that they believe in, the D will play like a top 10 team. ****, look at how they played with Kyle ****ing Orton.

Overall though Chiefzilla, good post.