ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues The country is ****ed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284392)

Hammock Parties 06-15-2014 07:51 PM

The country is ****ed
 
Between fat acceptance, the recent "feminism" fad, participation only sports, and the idiotic need to label every self identifying sexual based group out there, America is quickly going the way of the Romans.

We spend billions watching tv to partake in violence and beauty, and over indulge in food, liquor, and porn at every chance, all while evolving into a culture of pacifist who label anything that hurts our feelings as either racist, prejudice, or a hate crime.

The internet has allowed the sheep to gather in mass and propagate their uneducated opinions, and they gain validation through "thumbs up" icons. The danger of this is that the youth also read this bullshit on social media but accept it as the norm, and then follow suit.

We are lost.

KChiefer 06-15-2014 08:06 PM

You copy that from your gandpa's facebook or something?

Discuss Thrower 06-15-2014 08:13 PM

Profound.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-15-2014 08:18 PM

Could you imagine the average citizen today being drafted and expected to go to war? LMAO

planetdoc 06-15-2014 08:33 PM

http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Q...otes-38634.jpg

In this nation, what is right and what is wrong has become relative. This chiefsplanet forum is just a microcosm of the nation as a whole who has become a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

BDj23 06-15-2014 08:36 PM

Says the guy with 160k posts on a ****ing message board.

|Zach| 06-15-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10693890)
Says the guy with 160k posts on a ****ing message board.

Yea, all of this is what you make of it.

Hammock Parties 06-15-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10693890)
Says the guy with 160k posts on a ****ing message board.

Yeah but at least I'm not fat, I hate feminists and I love offending people.

I'm awesome in comparison to the people I'm belittling.

Dave Lane 06-15-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10693877)
http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Q...otes-38634.jpg

In this nation, what is right and what is wrong has become relative. This chiefsplanet forum is just a microcosm of the nation as a whole who has become a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

Well then I guess its a good thing that morality is innate to humans and most other mammals.

cosmo20002 06-15-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10693890)
Says the guy with 160k posts on a ****ing message board.

Well, 164K+ actually.
Yeah, but when you look at it as 38+posts every single day for 12 1/2 years...holy shit...

notorious 06-15-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10693695)

We spend billions watching tv to partake in violence and beauty, and over indulge in food, liquor, and porn at every chance.

If loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Prison Bitch 06-15-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10693824)
Could you imagine the average citizen today being drafted and expected to go to war? LMAO

And that's a good thing, given all the bullshit wars our countrymen have died in. Outside of the two world wars, most of them were quite pointless. I'd never die for Dick Cheney. That makes me an informed citizen, not a bad teammate.

Rain Man 06-15-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10693824)
Could you imagine the average citizen today being drafted and expected to go to war? LMAO

Maybe I'm a product of my times, but when I was young I kind of thought it would be cool to be drafted (er, in peacetime). It's a good way to help people grow up fast.

But as I get older, I look at wars and wonder what they're for and why people participate. When you break it down to the core, it's very weird and shouldn't really work. Someone 1,500 miles from me says, "Hey! You! Come over here. Here's a gun. We're going to put you on a ship, and go 5,000 miles over there and kill as many people as you can who are wearing this uniform. Oh, and they're going to be trying to kill you too, so watch out."

You kind of wonder why the entire population doesn't give their various governments a funny look and say, "I'm not going to do that. Now go build some roads and give me a space program."

Aries Walker 06-16-2014 01:58 AM

The idea that feminism is a recent fad intrigues me.

Sully 06-16-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10694210)
Maybe I'm a product of my times, but when I was young I kind of thought it would be cool to be drafted (er, in peacetime). It's a good way to help people grow up fast.



But as I get older, I look at wars and wonder what they're for and why people participate. When you break it down to the core, it's very weird and shouldn't really work. Someone 1,500 miles from me says, "Hey! You! Come over here. Here's a gun. We're going to put you on a ship, and go 5,000 miles over there and kill as many people as you can who are wearing this uniform. Oh, and they're going to be trying to kill you too, so watch out."



You kind of wonder why the entire population doesn't give their various governments a funny look and say, "I'm not going to do that. Now go build some roads and give me a space program."


The story of soldiers in WW1 having to be threatened to go back to fighting after a Christmas truce is a great example of this.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.