ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fair value for Bowe: 5 years, 58m, 20m guaranteed. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270096)

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 01:15 PM

Fair value for Bowe: 5 years, 58m, 20m guaranteed.

Per this very insightful breakdown.

http://overthecap.com/estimating-the...r-dwayne-bowe/

It's long but here's the meat:

Quote:

Comparable Players

Most likely Bowe has two players in mind when looking for a new deal- Vincent Jackson and DeSean Jackson, who both signed new contracts in 2012. I also want to look at the performance of two older players, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson, who both signed new contracts back in 2010. The table below compares the 3 year averages of each player prior to their extension:
http://i.imgur.com/Sci2qfA.jpg

Quote:

These are 3 year averages for D. Jackson and Bowe but only 2 year averages for V. Jackson since he held out all but 5 games of the 2010 season.

The numbers are adjusted for games missed to not inflate the performance of the others on the team when the player in question was injured.
http://overthecap.com/wp-content/upl.../WR-Market.png

Quote:

Now we can see how favorably Bowe compares to Jackson. Bowe was a more valuable player to the Chiefs than Jackson was to the Chargers and perhaps that is why the Chiefs are rumored to now want to keep him in the fold.

I think the most striking stat is the interception rate which pointed to Jackson seeing a lot of passes attempted for him getting picked off compared to Bowe. These numbers tell me that Bowe is a clear number 1 and was doing some pretty impressive things in Kansas City with almost no talent around him.
Quote:

Based on the comparative performance I am going to push and say on average Bowe is worth about 9.5% more than Jackson, which is pretty much the upper bound of his deal. That would equate to a deal worth a little below $12.2 million a year.

Now I don’t think that will happen. Based on the same analysis Vincent was about 33% more valuable than DeSean but overall his deal ended up 14.5% higher in APY. Using the same adjustment Bowe should earn a realistic deal worth 4.2% more than Jackson, equating to about $11.58 million a season.

RUSH 02-16-2013 01:16 PM

Was just about to post this.

Great, great read.

Mother****erJones 02-16-2013 01:36 PM

He should get paid well. He's yet to have a real QB. And the one year Cassel did well he had 15 TDs

ChiefMojo 02-16-2013 01:46 PM

I've been figuring $10-12 millioin a year for 5-years was probably the ballpark we were talking for Bowe. This info pretty much puts it spot on. The Chiefs have the money to make this contract work for sure.

the Talking Can 02-16-2013 01:48 PM

done

NJChiefsFan 02-16-2013 01:49 PM

That was a really good article.

crazycoffey 02-16-2013 01:50 PM

To be clear, he's not been signed, this is hypothetical numbers based on other signings, right? Nut hooks to the OP

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9407427)
To be clear, he's not been signed, this is hypothetical numbers based on other signings, right? Nut hooks to the OP

The OP would say BOWE SIGNED if that were the case, you ****ing cro-magnon.

Rasputin 02-16-2013 01:53 PM

Not going do any backflips yet the deal is not done. Hopeful very hopeful they get the deal done soon.

crazycoffey 02-16-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407432)
The OP would say BOWE SIGNED if that were the case, you ****ing cro-magnon.

So easily riffled these days, it was a little unclear. That is all, don't be such a sissy girl. Oh wait.....

Mr. Laz 02-16-2013 01:54 PM

If Bowe would agree to that(5 years, 58m, 20m guar) he would of already been signed to an extension.

The 20 million guaranteed would be the only question the team would have at all.

Chiefs just ran Bowe on a 1-year tag for 9 million ... 11 million per isn't a huge leap

Megatron signed a deal for 8-year, $132 million, 60 guaranteed

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-16-2013 02:09 PM

There's just no way we can afford to keep Bowe AND Cassel.

notorious 02-16-2013 02:13 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1jUBbCgMWmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 02-16-2013 02:52 PM

His numbers stack up amazingly well, give the guy a real quarterback and a system that works and his numbers would be right there with Johnson and Marshall.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9407526)
His numbers stack up amazingly well, give the guy a real quarterback and a system that works and his numbers would be right there with Johnson and Marshall.

Sure it would..

the difference between Bowe and those elite receivers is that they don't go to clubs every weekend with Birdman and Lil wayne and smoke weed.

Bowe has motivation problems and want's to be a rapper, he's also a snitch and a selfish player

alnorth 02-16-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9407436)
So easily riffled these days, it was a little unclear. That is all, don't be such a sissy girl. Oh wait.....

It wasn't confusing at all. I clicked here expecting to see analysis of what Bowe's fair value ought to be.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407566)
Sure it would..

the difference between Bowe and those elite receivers is that they don't go to clubs every weekend with Birdman and Lil wayne and smoke weed.

Bowe has motivation problems and want's to be a rapper, he's also a snitch and a selfish player

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15 02-16-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Sure it would..

BlackBob, or just someone trying really hard to be like him?

Easy 6 02-16-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Sure it would..

LMAO get ****ed, then get the **** out.

BossChief 02-16-2013 03:11 PM

While I totally disagree with te tone of that post, there is SOME truth in it.

He looked high as a kite in that picture with the "baked" hat on and he did snitch on the whole importing thing...

I'd still sign him to big bucks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them want to put a clause that voids part of the deal if off field stuff gets in the way of his game.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407592)

He looked high as a kite in that picture with the "baked" hat on and he did snitch on the whole importing thing...

I'd still sign him to big bucks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them want to put a clause that voids part of the deal if off field stuff gets in the way of his game.

He was at the superbowl with Birdman, wayne and that young money crew looking high as a kite.

BossChief 02-16-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407600)
He was at the superbowl with Birdman, wayne and that young money crew looking high as a kite.

As long as he doesn't get caught, I don't give a ****.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 03:16 PM

same i have no problem with weed but it does kill you're motivation.

BossChief 02-16-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407608)
same i have no problem with weed but it does kill you're motivation.

Motivation isn't the problem for a guy with Bowes production consistency.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 03:20 PM

Cut Hali and Houston. Those weed-smoking ****ers are getting baked on the company dime! Replace them with competent players!

Pilsner 02-16-2013 03:21 PM

I'm glad Blackbob climbed off his uncle long enough to grace us with his presence again.

How's it going, bud?

htismaqe 02-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407592)

Snitching is when you roll over on your friends and rat them out to get out of getting in trouble yourself.

He didn't SNITCH on anybody. He just failed to keep the whole importing thing a big secret. He BLABBED, he didn't "snitch".

htismaqe 02-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9407619)
Cut Hali and Houston. Those weed-smoking ****ers are getting baked on the company dime! Replace them with competent players!

Exactly.

okcchief 02-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

SMOKE WEED!!!

Psyko Tek 02-16-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9407457)
There's just no way we can want to keep Cassel.

fyp

BossChief 02-16-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407627)
Snitching is when you roll over on your friends and rat them out to get out of getting in trouble yourself.

He didn't SNITCH on anybody. He just failed to keep the whole importing thing a big secret. He BLABBED, he didn't "snitch".

That's your description as it relates to drugs.

A snitch is an informant...which is what Bowe did in the importing thing...stupidity isn't an excuse, it's arguably worse.

Like I said though, I don't care about that shit and doubt the team does either, but I bet they are trying to add a clause that gives Bowe incentive to keep his head in the game and make adult decisions.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

lmfao, hali was so high at the pro bowl

Demonpenz 02-16-2013 03:42 PM

I love players that hang out with birdman and lil wanye those guys are the best players in the game.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407643)
That's your description as it relates to drugs.

A snitch is an informant...which is what Bowe did in the importing thing...stupidity isn't an excuse, it's arguably worse.

Like I said though, I don't care about that shit and doubt the team does either, but I bet they are trying to add a clause that gives Bowe incentive to keep his head in the game and make adult decisions.

No, that's the definition of a SNITCH.

Using the word "snitch" has a definitive connotation that Bowe absolutely does not deserve.

He didn't say what he said with any forethought of malice or intention to get anyone else in trouble.

It was a slip of the tongue and nothing more.

And by the way, NOTHING is worse than a snitch. NOTHING.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407688)

Using the word "snitch" has a definitive connotation that Bowe absolutely does not deserve.

He didn't say what he said with any forethought of malice or intention to get anyone else in trouble.

he could have kept it to himself instead, he's to blame too. doesn't mean jack if he had a girlfriend, he was fuccing those imported women too.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407693)
he could have kept it to himself instead, he's to blame too. doesn't mean jack if he had a girlfriend, he was fuccing those imported women too.

I already said he could have kept it to himself.

That doesn't make him a goddamn snitch, nimrod.

Messier 02-16-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

The whole idea behind the word snitch, and the extreme negative connotation, needs to go away. Its a huge problem in schools, and one of my biggest pet peeves is the word snitch and what it means, and what it doesn't mean.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9407722)
The whole idea behind the word snitch, and the extreme negative connotation, needs to go away. Its a huge problem in schools, and one of my biggest pet peeves is the word snitch and what it means, and what it doesn't mean.

Yup. I used to tell on the bad boys at school and the teacher always rewarded me for it.

Messier 02-16-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407730)
Yup. I used to tell on the bad boys at school and the teacher always rewarded me for it.

I know ha, right? But I work with inner city kids, and try to get them to differentiate snitching and helping out someone in trouble. Its not easy to break the brainwashing that happens.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

snitch /snɪtʃ/ slang
vb
(transitive) to steal; take, esp in an underhand way
(intransitive) to act as an informer
n
an informer; telltale
the nose
Etymology: 17th Century: of unknown origin

htismaqe 02-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9407722)

Whatever.

The extreme negative connotation is deserved.

Don't be a snitch and you'll never have to worry about what the word means.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9407743)
I know ha, right? But I work with inner city kids, and try to get them to differentiate snitching and helping out someone in trouble. Its not easy to break the brainwashing that happens.

You've got a problem with intent, then.

Telling the truth about someone doesn't make you a snitch.

Telling the truth about someone to get yourself OUT OF TROUBLE does.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407761)
snitch /snɪtʃ/ slang
vb
(transitive) to steal; take, esp in an underhand way
(intransitive) to act as an informer
n
an informer; telltale
the nose
Etymology: 17th Century: of unknown origin

Bowe wasn't acting as an informer.

"To inform" is a premeditated act.

He blurted it out, accidentally.

You're wrong. Move on.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407764)
Whatever.

The extreme negative connotation is deserved.

Don't be a snitch and you'll never have to worry about what the word means.

I never had to worry anyway.

The bad boys weren't strong enough to shove my head in the toilet for a swirly.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407771)

Well to be fair, your giant egg won't fit in the US standard toilet.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407768)
Bowe wasn't acting as an informer.

"To inform" is a premeditated act.

He blurted it out, accidentally.

You're wrong. Move on.

There goes Mr. High and mighty again.

He was acting as an informer, whether it was on purpose or not. Shit, like I said before, it's actually worse to be stupid and be an informer...that's two negative traits.

YOUR definition is one gathered from the drug community...

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407771)

They were probably strong enough to shove your head in the toilet, but not strong enough to lift you into position for that final part to take place. :evil:

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:35 PM

Two guys (jack and jim) smoke a joint and then go in separate directions.

Jack meets someone new and this person asks him if he smokes and he says yes and says he likes smoking joints with his buddy Jim.

This new person turns out to be a cop and Jim gets busted for possession.

Is Jack an informant?

aturnis 02-16-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407798)

Jack meets someone new and this person asks him if he smokes and he says yes and says he likes smoking joints with his buddy Jim.

Is Jack an informant?

Absolutely not.

aturnis 02-16-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407600)

If you're talking about when he was in Tampa, you're an idiot. If you're talking about this year's Super Bowl, show me.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9407824)
Absolutely not.

Better ask Jim about that.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407792)
They were probably strong enough to shove your head in the toilet, but not strong enough to lift you into position for that final part to take place. :evil:

Actually they weren't strong enough. There were two of them, even. But I was able to brace my hands against the stall walls and became an immovable object.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407849)
Actually they weren't strong enough. There were two of them, even. But I was able to brace my hands against the stall walls and became an immovable object.

Haha they had already lifted you into position?

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9407839)
If you're talking about when he was in Tampa, you're an idiot. If you're talking about this year's Super Bowl, show me.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...6hXHtFNC5xtft7

there you go, i'm not such an idiot after all

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407857)
Haha they had already lifted you into position?

Like I said, no. I braced my arms against the stall walls when they pushed me inside.

Later of of them ran a pencil down the metal spine of his notebook, back and forth repeatedly and pretended like I was farting constantly, publicly shaming me and inviting the entire class to laugh at me. They did.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407863)
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...6hXHtFNC5xtft7

there you go, i'm not such an idiot after all

I don't think Bowe was even in that whole thing. Thanks for wasting that short part of my life.

BossChief 02-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9407875)
Like I said, no. I braced my arms against the stall walls when they pushed me inside.

Later of of them ran a pencil down the metal spine of his notebook, back and forth repeatedly and pretended like I was farting constantly, publicly shaming me and inviting the entire class to laugh at me. They did.

So, like I said, they weren't strong enough to get you into position.

Kids can be cruel

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407887)
I don't think Bowe was even in that whole thing. Thanks for wasting that short part of my life.

clearly you didn't watch it, go to 1:36 in the video.

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407914)

He has glasses on inside and is only on there for a second or two.

What point are you trying to make from that?

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 05:08 PM

he may be on the video for a second but he was with them all night

the Talking Can 02-16-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407914)

attending the GQ super bowl party along with every other rich and famous person in town means what, to you?

HotCarl 02-16-2013 05:08 PM

I'm surprised his catch rate and yards per game are so low compared to Andre Johnson. He shouldn't expect the same kind of deal with 70% of his production.

However, Bowe is a very nice player to have on your team and we shouldn't let him get away when we are swimming in cap room.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407798)

Is Jack an informant?

ROFL

Of course not.

Jack is a dumb mother ****er and terribly naive.

But a snitch, he is not.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407789)
There goes Mr. High and mighty again.

He was acting as an informer, whether it was on purpose or not. Shit, like I said before, it's actually worse to be stupid and be an informer...that's two negative traits.

YOUR definition is one gathered from the drug community...

To "inform" is a deliberate and purposeful act.

And the word "inform" comes DIRECTLY from YOUR definition posted earlier.

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9407936)
he may be on the video for a second but he was with them all night

STFD and STFU

Discuss Thrower 02-16-2013 05:12 PM

WRs don't win Superbowls. QBs do.

If keeping Bowe jeopardizes getting a QB, then I believe Powers Boothe summed it up pretty well in Tombstone.

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407948)
ROFL

Of course not.

Jack is a dumb mother ****er and terribly naive.

But a snitch, he is not.

He told the media his married teammates ****ed hookers...any way it's painted, it's a negative.

I'm done with this chiefszilla type semantics argument.
Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9407957)
To "inform" is a deliberate and purposeful act.

And the word "inform" comes DIRECTLY from YOUR definition posted earlier.

Not necessarily.

informer (ɪnˈfɔːmə)

— n
1. a person who informs against someone, esp a criminal
2. a person who provides information: he was the President's financial informer

Brock 02-16-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9407973)
He told the media his married teammates ****ed hookers...any way it's painted, it's a negative.

Not necessarily.

informer (ɪnˈfɔːmə)

— n

This is all inference on your part.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

You're done because you lost. Pretty simple really.

Quote:

informer (ɪnˈfɔːmə)

— n

Both definitions still have INTENT.

Bowe didn't INTEND to get anybody in trouble.

It's ABSOLUTELY an important difference because if he was a SNITCH, everybody in the locker room ****ing hates the guy and there's zero reason to re-sign him.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9407938)
attending the GQ super bowl party along with every other rich and famous person in town means what, to you?

he's always with birdman and that crew

i wouldn't be surprised if he was doing more then weed to you, you guys don't get the kind of lives some of these high up rappers live..

cocaine, the strongest weed, MDMA, sipping codeine, importing women, the list goes on.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9408028)

i wouldn't be surprised if he was doing more then weed to you, you guys don't get the kind of lives some of these high up rappers live..

cocaine, the strongest weed, MDMA, sipping codeine, importing women, the list goes on.

ROFL

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 05:23 PM

Bowe looks high in every pic, the only guy that was able to straighten him out was Haley and even that didn't last long.

HE HAS MOTIVATION ISSUES, bottom line and it's because of the drugs. How can you guys be so naive and blind to that fact?

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:24 PM

His intent was to appear cool to be part of something like that...without thinking the consequences through first. He should have zipped his lips about it.

I chalk the whole thing up to immaturity and think he has learned quite a bit since then. Like I've said over and over, I'd sign him tomorrow if the price is only 5/60 with 25 guaranteed. Shit, I'd be fine with him getting more than that and have said as much since this time last year.

Brock 02-16-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9408048)
Bowe looks high in every pic, the only guy that was able to straighten him out was Haley and even that didn't last long.

HE HAS MOTIVATION ISSUES, bottom line and it's because of the drugs. How can you guys be so naive and blind to that fact?

LMAO okay dr. Pinsky.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 05:24 PM

Can I just have mod powers to ban these obvious trolls? If I ban a legit poster take them away.

JFC

the Talking Can 02-16-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

LMAO

i wouldn't be surprised if he free bases and spends the off season doing drive bys...

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Go fist your grandmother.

Rugby Thompson 02-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9408054)
His intent was to appear cool to be part of something like that...without thinking the consequences through first. He should have zipped his lips about it.

I chalk the whole thing up to immaturity and think he has learned quite a bit since then. Like I've said over and over, I'd sign him tomorrow if the price is only 5/60 with 25 guaranteed. Shit, I'd be fine with him getting more than that and have said as much since this time last year.

I would sign him too but never to Fitzgerald money or even Vincent Jackson money.

the Talking Can 02-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9408048)

you are an incredible ****ing dumb ass...just incredible

just pretend he's white, then you'll have no problem with him

BossChief 02-16-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9408068)
you are an incredible ****ing dumb ass...just incredible

just pretend he's white, then you'll have no problem with him

Exactly.