ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sorry I need a new thread for this... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159076)

Valiant 03-02-2007 12:54 PM

Sorry I need a new thread for this...

What a bunch of big ass hypocritical babies the donk fans are on Plummers decision to retire instead of going to the crappy Bucs...

Seriously, didn't thier saviour not want to be drafted by the Colts??? It is okay for Elway to force a team not draft him, but not okay for Plummer to retire so he doesn't have to go to a shit team like the Bucs..

Heres a big F'you to all the crybaby donk fans(excludes the four or five normal donk fans living in teh world)...

DomCasual 03-02-2007 01:00 PM

I've actually thought most people were being reasonable about it. I like Jake a lot, despite the fact that he's robbed me of four or five years of life. I admire the fact that he's saved his money, and that he has the type of personality that can take or leave NFL "fame."

The only criticism I'd have is the communication process between him and the Broncos. It would seem to me, at some point, that there should have been a conversation that went something to the effect of, "Look, don't even bother talking about a trade to X Team, Y Team, or Z Team. I'll just retire instead of going there, so you're wasting your time." That's probably as much on the Broncos as on him, though.

Methinks you're being too sensitive, and letting your misplaced anger towards the NFL's Greatest Franchise cloud your otherwise impeccable judgment.

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual
I've actually thought most people were being reasonable about it. I like Jake a lot, despite the fact that he's robbed me of four or five years of life. I admire the fact that he's saved his money, and that he has the type of personality that can take or leave NFL "fame."

The only criticism I'd have is the communication process between him and the Broncos. It would seem to me, at some point, that there should have been a conversation that went something to the effect of, "Look, don't even bother talking about a trade to X Team, Y Team, or Z Team. I'll just retire instead of going there, so you're wasting your time." That's probably as much on the Broncos as on him, though.

Methinks you're being too sensitive, and letting your misplaced anger towards the NFL's Greatest Franchise cloud your otherwise impeccable judgment.

Yeah, I think the only problem we "donk" fans have with the entire situation is that he sprung this on them AFTER the fact, when he knew he was going to be traded anyway. A little communication from the Plummer party during the whole process would have been nice. It smacks of a situation where he was purely trying to screw over the team that gave him a great second lease on life as an NFL QB.

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 01:04 PM

I might have missed some comments, but I don't blame him for doing what he did... it would be great to have the pick, but I don't have any ill will.

Valiant 03-02-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual

Ahaha the bolded part got me a laugh.. Just disdain for the majority of your FANBASE... Three of my good friends are lousy donk fans, prolly the 3 only good common-sense donk fans in the world.. There might be a few more normal (non-homer) donk fans out there but they are the exception not the norm for you cavemen...

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 01:07 PM

Yeah, KC fans are tyically the most unbiased and level headed fans of the NFL... and yeah, I remember which site I'm on.

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Yeah, KC fans are tyically the most unbiased and level headed fans of the NFL... and yeah, I remember which site I'm on.

When do the offseason playoffs begin...I'm assuming that the Chiefs have homefield advantage through the entire offseason playoffs?

DomCasual 03-02-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
Ahaha the bolded part got me a laugh.. Just disdain for the majority of your FANBASE... Three of my good friends are lousy donk fans, prolly the 3 only good common-sense donk fans in the world.. There might be a few more normal (non-homer) donk fans out there but they are the exception not the norm for you cavemen...

I, for one, will hold out hope for your eventual conversion - and, of course, keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Once you have converted, I will not ask you to apologize for your misguided, near-blasphemous comments. Because I, my friend, am a giver.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Sewell
When do the offseason playoffs begin...I'm assuming that the Chiefs have homefield advantage through the entire offseason playoffs?

Are you guys going to make the offseason playoffs? I noticed you couldn't manage the real ones.

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Sewell

I think Peterson typically waits until after the NFL draft...

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Are you guys going to make the offseason playoffs? I noticed you couldn't manage the real ones.

Our record in the post season playoffs is dismal compared to the Chiefs...they consistently win the off-season Super Bowl.

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

KC managed it really well... LJ was a beast.

Wile_E_Coyote 03-02-2007 01:16 PM

Shannahan knew along that Plummer would retire if traded. It was to screw up any Green trade. How, I don't know. But that Shannahan is one shrewd shrew

Steve Sewell 03-02-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
Shannahan knew along that Plummer would retire if traded. It was to screw up any Green trade. How, I don't know. But that Shannahan is one shrewd shrew

LOL...I actually wouldn't put that notion past Shanahan.

dirk digler 03-02-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I think Peterson typically waits until after the NFL draft...

I think Carl is on vacation in Europe now... :)